Is this a record?
(07-27-2019, 08:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 08:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 08:19 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 06:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 06:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Pendantic.  I need to remember who I'm talking with.
So do I . You are often hard to understand in print and that's after corresponding with you for a decade.
And I do remember when that topic came up here and I was not alone with that opinion.

How am I supposed to know YOU don't know they don't fly tankers at night? Especially when you asked What is the protocol for using it?

When you say "as soon as it started"... silly me for thinking you actually meant... as soon as it started Laughing Laughing

What is an example of pedantic?

pedantic. The definition of pedantic is someone who is very concerned with the details of a subject and tends to overly show off their knowledge. An example of someone who is pedantic is a person at a party who bores everyone while talking at length about the origin and details of a particular piece of pottery.

REALLY?? Sad

That's one...but not what I mean.  There is also the definition of pendantic  in that the usage of language is a bit unimaginative, precise, nitpicky, literally accurate. When I say it about you, that's what I mean. Wink
I figured that because when I looked it up the other day, I gave up trying to choose which definition was right or wrong.
Any After reading the MMT article I'm fairly certain there were not serious problems from what I saw as far as how they handled the fire.

The funny thing that a lot of people don't understand is the forests are supposed to burn. They always have burned. It's part of the entire ecosystem.
And now people don't care how much money and manpower we use as long as we STOP the fires Confused Unsure Unsure
What makes me laugh is people saying it's because we don't log anymore. If only we logged, this wouldn't be happening.  There are millions and millions of forest acreage.  When you look at a map of a wildfire, it's just a tiny little dot on an enormous map of forest. Even logging was just tiny little dots on millions of forest. No logging ever 'maintained' all that forest.

Yep! And they go crazy if you tell then the truth. That unlike loggers there has always been fires. But before logging fires didn't destroy the forest like they do now.
Not too many loggers can face or admit it  but it's the truth.
(07-27-2019, 05:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 04:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 04:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 01:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, continuing with the theme that fires are being allowed to burn in order to generate a high dollar business machine...could this fire have been put out or contained by just bringing out the supertanker as soon as it started?  What is the protocol for using it?

The fire started in the evening. They don't fly any tankers at night. As far as the crews trying to fight the fire. They said it was extremely dangerous because the fire was burning through an old timber area full of brush and dead snags that left from a fire back in the 1980's.
The fires was burning uphill .They said rocks and burning snags were falling and rolling downhill at them IN THE DARK.
This was all in today's MMT which you can access. Smiling
Well, I didn't mean literally the minute it started you know.
 OK but No I didn't know. You did ask about bringing out the supertanker as soon as it started? Smiling

So, to the point, what I'm hearing, is that the fire was very small for at least 24 hours before Forest Management even called it officially?  I don't know...just asking a few questions.
(07-28-2019, 10:31 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 05:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 04:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 04:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 01:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, continuing with the theme that fires are being allowed to burn in order to generate a high dollar business machine...could this fire have been put out or contained by just bringing out the supertanker as soon as it started?  What is the protocol for using it?

The fire started in the evening. They don't fly any tankers at night. As far as the crews trying to fight the fire. They said it was extremely dangerous because the fire was burning through an old timber area full of brush and dead snags that left from a fire back in the 1980's.
The fires was burning uphill .They said rocks and burning snags were falling and rolling downhill at them IN THE DARK.
This was all in today's MMT which you can access. Smiling
Well, I didn't mean literally the minute it started you know.
 OK but No I didn't know. You did ask about bringing out the supertanker as soon as it started? Smiling

So, to the point, what I'm hearing, is that the fire was very small for at least 24 hours before Forest Management even called it officially?  I don't know...just asking a few questions.
I don't know what that means? "Forest Management even called it officially"

Anyway it started Wednesday evening and by Thursday morning it was 15 acres and by nightfall had gone to 750 acres. Even though they had three air tankers and two helicopters all day Thursday.
Actually the two helicopters were diverted and helped put out two other small fires but they said they doubted that mattered much as far as slowing down the MP 97 fire.

I don't really know if more equipment or men would have helped Thursday but Friday it went from 750 acres to 6000 acres. And Friday they had two large air tankers, two smaller ones. seven helicopters and 200 fire fighters.
But keep in mind because of smoke the plains were limited to when they could fly.
At this point its all moot, it is here until the rains come. All we can hope for now is the occasional wind shift and the culprit gets hit by a bus.

High ranking government official, (not necessarily USFS), with the power to hire civilian "for profit" contractors, delays action just enough to warrant the need for said contractor(s) help. No major structures threatened... no lives in danger... hmmm.... no room for corruption there.

I'm not saying that the mp 97 fire got out of control for shady reasons. I'm saying that it happens. And it's not even a well kept secret.
(07-28-2019, 06:52 PM)GCG Wrote:

High ranking government official, (not necessarily USFS), with the power to hire civilian "for profit" contractors, delays action just enough to warrant the need for said contractor(s) help. No major structures threatened... no lives in danger... hmmm.... no room for corruption there.

I'm not saying that the mp 97 fire got out of control for shady reasons. I'm saying that it happens. And it's not even a well kept secret.
Did you have a comment, TV? ^^
(07-29-2019, 08:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: Did you have a comment, TV? ^^

He does. but it's a a well kept secret

On what? Whether or not some people are purposely dragging their feet to keep a paycheck coming?
I don't know but I don't doubt it.
It seems like a popular theory for some to pounce on.
Your buddy Greg Roberts claims its a hoax.
Smiling
(07-30-2019, 01:16 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Your buddy Greg Roberts claims its a hoax.
Smiling
  I think he is correct for the most part. And the long piece he wrote on FB had more truth than all the armchair quarterbacks put together.
(07-30-2019, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

On what? Whether or not some people are purposely dragging their feet to keep a paycheck coming?

Just wondering....your post 40491 had nothing in it.
(07-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Every post on this thread says....  40,492  so again no clue what you mean.
(07-30-2019, 03:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Now it says..40493 (she probably meant post#49)
(07-30-2019, 05:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Now it says..40493  (she probably meant post#49)

I did.My mistake.
(07-30-2019, 06:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: On what? Whether or not some people are purposely dragging their feet to keep a paycheck coming?

I did.My mistake.
There's still no way I can know what post you mean. This is what I see on every single post I made on this thread.

The 40,505 number is the TOTAL number of posts I have made so you can't use it to refer me to a post unless I don't make any other posts.
The blue post number is the only number that changes and keeps track of the posts on this thread.

[Image: posts.jpg]
(07-31-2019, 03:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Juniper Wrote: Just wondering....your post 40491 had nothing in it.

I did.My mistake.
There's still no way I can know what post you mean. This is what I see on every single post I made on this thread.

The 40,505 number is the TOTAL number of posts I have made so you can't use it to refer me to a post unless I don't make any other posts.
The blue post number is the only number that changes and keeps track of the posts on this thread.

Oh, brother, TV, never mind. You wouldn't know now even if you could follow along. Laughing
Let me try, your reply post in question #46 in this thread had no new info viewable to us. Only what you were quoting, no additional info from you.
(07-31-2019, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 03:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 03:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Every post on this thread says....  40,492  so again no clue what you mean.

I did.My mistake.

Oh, brother, TV, never mind. You wouldn't know now even if you could follow along. Laughing

I can't follow along? More like you can't reply to the post I made. Or you can't copy and text what you are referring to.
You couldn't even show use the actual post number of the thread.
(07-31-2019, 05:04 PM)GPnative Wrote: Let me try, your reply post in question #46 in this thread had no new info viewable to us. Only what you were quoting, no additional info from you.

Perfect. Now I completely understand. See how easy that was Juniper? Laughing

I think that was a post I made from my phone which is unusable for me that I somehow messed up.