The cause of all this mass shootings
Quote:After more than 30 people were killed in two deadly shootings this weekend, State Rep. Candice Keller complained about Democrats playing “the blame game” after every mass shooting in a post on her personal Facebook account. The lawmaker from Middletown in Butler County — a small city 30 miles south of Dayton, where a gunman killed nine on Sunday — wrote that the real blame should be on the “breakdown of the traditional American family” and “acceptance of recreational marijuana.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ohio-gop-...b57fcfe3e1
Quote:Video games are partly to blame for mass shootings, Donald Trump has said.

Games that "celebrate violence" should be discouraged and made harder to buy, the president suggested.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style...reddit.com
[Image: 8136781f406fbf7458ab13ba60174c89.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(08-06-2019, 10:04 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:After more than 30 people were killed in two deadly shootings this weekend, State Rep. Candice Keller complained about Democrats playing “the blame game” after every mass shooting in a post on her personal Facebook account. The lawmaker from Middletown in Butler County — a small city 30 miles south of Dayton, where a gunman killed nine on Sunday — wrote that the real blame should be on the “breakdown of the traditional American family” and “acceptance of recreational marijuana.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ohio-gop-...b57fcfe3e1

and “acceptance of recreational marijuana.”    Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
(08-06-2019, 10:12 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Video games are partly to blame for mass shootings, Donald Trump has said.

Games that "celebrate violence" should be discouraged and made harder to buy, the president suggested.

Video games are partly to blame for mass shootings

No they are not but Trump certainly is. If he actually read anything he would know it's not video games.
Maybe you'll like this accounting better...

https://time.com/5643553/2019-mass-shootings-list/

Either way... something needs to be done. We have a serious problem. The mother of the shooter in El Paso actually called the police with concerns about her son having an "AK type gun" just a week or so before he went on his rampage. She was told he was old enough to own it. Period. No once even asked for her name or her son's name. If someone (especially someone's mother!) is concerned enough to call the police... there may be a real issue... and it should be treated as such. We need to change our mindset regarding certain things.

So as I understand it, you and your husband own some guns. Have you yet, or are you now prepared to give them up?

Sent from my SM-J737R4 using Tapatalk
(08-07-2019, 07:56 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: So as I understand it, you and your husband own some guns. Have you yet, or are you now prepared to give them up?

No one under Sixty, should be allowed a gun.
Big Grin
(08-07-2019, 07:33 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Maybe you'll like this accounting better...

https://time.com/5643553/2019-mass-shootings-list/

Either way... something needs to be done. We have a serious problem. The mother of the shooter in El Paso actually called the police with concerns about her son having an "AK type gun" just a week or so before he went on his rampage. She was told he was old enough to own it. Period. No once even asked for her name or her son's name. If someone (especially someone's mother!) is concerned enough to call the police... there may be a real issue... and it should be treated as such. We need to change our mindset regarding certain things.

Absolutely.
(08-07-2019, 07:56 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: So as I understand it, you and your husband own some guns. Have you yet, or are you now prepared to give them up?

If the police have probable cause to think I'm about to commit a crime with a gun. YES I'll give them up. And then I will get them back.
Where is the horror in not having a gun for a few days?
tvguy

No they are not but Trump certainly is. If he actually read anything he would know it's not video games.

Gun controlled Chicago that had over 50 people shot and 9 fatalities over the weekend.  Lots of causes.  Violent video games, the cheapening of human life  thanks to abortion, kids growing up without fathers, removing God from the public square, just to name a few.  And that doesn’t even touch the political rhetoric that is being spewed on TV news programs.  One actually said that Trump was giving a nod to white supremists when he ordered flags be flowed at half mast until Aug. 8th.  Aug 8th you ask?  8-8.  8th letter of of the alphabet being H.  8-8 +HH (Heil Hitler).  I kid you not.  That was actually said on one the these shows.

If Trump is responsible for these shooting then Obama is responsible for the Pulse Night Club massacre. Fort Hood, San Bernardino and the killing of the four cops in Dallas by the BLM supporter.
(08-07-2019, 07:56 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: So as I understand it, you and your husband own some guns. Have you yet, or are you now prepared to give them up?

At this point, there is no need to. If a day ever comes that one of us feels the need to remove the guns from our home due to one of us having some sort of mental health issue, anger management issue, etc. then safety will be first... the guns will go.

(08-07-2019, 08:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

If the police have probable cause to think I'm about to commit a crime with a gun. YES I'll give them up. And then I will get them back.
Where is the horror in not having a gun for a few days?
Exactly.

(08-07-2019, 09:16 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: tvguy

Gun controlled Chicago that had over 50 people shot and 9 fatalities over the weekend.  Lots of causes.  Violent video games, the cheapening of human life  thanks to abortion, kids growing up without fathers, removing God from the public square, just to name a few.  And that doesn’t even touch the political rhetoric that is being spewed on TV news programs.  One actually said that Trump was giving a nod to white supremists when he ordered flags be flowed at half mast until Aug. 8th.  Aug 8th you ask?  8-8.  8th letter of of the alphabet being H.  8-8 +HH (Heil Hitler).  I kid you not.  That was actually said on one the these shows.

If Trump is responsible for these shooting then Obama is responsible for the Pulse Night Club massacre. Fort Hood, San Bernardino and the killing of the four cops in Dallas by the BLM supporter.
You poor thing.

[Image: 01c4dec466a491b158d6faf4a36dba75.jpg]

[Image: 26708c308dddfdc99d8bd8f15634b257.jpg]

(08-07-2019, 09:16 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: tvguy

Video games don't have anything significant to do with gun violence. Look it up

Gun controlled Chicago that had over 50 people shot and 9 fatalities over the weekend.

And that has absolutely NOTHING to do with nuts shooting random people.
as far as people blaming Trump and your Obama comment. Trump is too stupid to know words matter. I have no doubt whatsoever his hate filled rhetoric inspires racists.

thanks to abortion, kids growing up without fathers, removing God from the public square, just to name a few.

You think if the kids were alive that were aborted as a fetus would have a father?

No one removed God from anywhere LOL. Look around if you EVER get out, there's a fucking church on every corner

And from all the causes you mention not one word about mental illness? That's half and possibly 2/3  behind all of these mass shootings.
No-One's Life Matters. That's Why There Are Mass Shootings

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/no-ones-lif...shootings/

Writing in the left-wing Forward website today, Cathy Young warns the Left to take its own violence seriously:

...It has been a staple of conventional wisdom that the real danger comes almost entirely from the far right....But is that still true today? We don’t know if Connor Betts, the 24-year-old Ohio man who killed nine people (including his own sister) and wounded 27 more when he opened fire on a crowded street in Dayton on Sunday, had any involvement with Antifa. But Betts’s Twitter  trail makes it clear that he was a hardcore leftist who embraced some fairly extreme ideas—and, in some cases, advocated violence toward political enemies in Antifa-style language.

Good for Ms. Young, who declines to join the chorus blaming President Trump for the last two atrocities. Never mind that the five worst mass shooting incidents took place outside the United States, or that more mass shootings occurred during the Obama presidency than under Trump. But that leaves us with the question: Why are there mass shootings? (Read the long article at the link)
It all caused by mental illness.
We need to give people a test for mental illness before they can buy a gun.
I suggest the following test. If you mark the first circle you are crazy and don't get a gun.
[Image: gettyimages-612427152-f65678251e7a85ecee...00-c85.jpg]
Finally, A plan from the republicans.

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-huckabee-tho...D=ref_fark

Quote:This weekend’s mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, have many people demanding that something be done to stop gun violence.

However, Mike Huckabee insists there’s only one solution to curbing the violence and it’s ― you guessed it ― “thoughts and prayers,”