Jeff Epstein is dead.
(08-12-2019, 01:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 11:48 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: From the day he was arrested, my opinion was that he would never see the courtroom.  Take your pick on the conspiracy theory of your choice, as we will never know the truth, but anyone who didn't see this coming is very naïve.

So easy to say after the fact.

And yet, so true.
(08-12-2019, 01:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 05:35 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 01:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 05:29 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 04:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sorry I meant to mock anyone who thinks Epstein was murdered or helped to commit suicide. Laughing

You bought the theory that he was "helped" to commit suicide lock stock and barrel.

But Scrapper only said Hmmmmmm.

I came to that conclusion the minute I saw the headline on Yahoo. You can't seriously think that he managed it on his own, can you?
I sure can. Why is so hard to imagine people who were supposed to watch him simply didn't for some period of time and that he made some king of ligature out of something?

Compared to the giant leap that someone helped him or even crazier that someone killed him

So a super high profile prisoner is on suicide watch. And you call it a "giant leap" to believe that he needed some cooperation to manage suicide? Wow! We are so far apart on this it's not even worth trying to reach any common ground.
Yes I think it's a giant leap. I don't think it's so crazy that someone didn't watch the camera as often as they should and that Epstein figured out something to use to strangle himself with.

What video is are you referring to?

https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/theres-no-...e-sources/
(08-12-2019, 01:48 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 01:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 05:29 PM)GCG Wrote: I came to that conclusion the minute I saw the headline on Yahoo. You can't seriously think that he managed it on his own, can you?
I sure can. Why is so hard to imagine people who were supposed to watch him simply didn't for some period of time and that he made some king of ligature out of something?

Compared to the giant leap that someone helped him or even crazier that someone killed him

So a super high profile prisoner is on suicide watch. And you call it a "giant leap" to believe that he needed some cooperation to manage suicide? Wow! We are so far apart on this it's not even worth trying to reach any common ground.
Yes I think it's a giant leap. I don't think it's so crazy that someone didn't watch the camera as often as they should and that Epstein figured out something to use to strangle himself with.

No video. I'm just assuming when there is a suicide watch that means someone watched the inmate with a camera.
And the New York post? That's a total shit site
(08-12-2019, 04:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 01:20 PM)tvguy Wrote: I sure can. Why is so hard to imagine people who were supposed to watch him simply didn't for some period of time and that he made some king of ligature out of something?

No video. I'm just assuming when there is a suicide watch that means someone watched the inmate with a camera.

Yeah, but maybe not. I read or heard that the suicide watch meant 30 minute -eyes on- checks.
(08-12-2019, 04:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 05:35 PM)GCG Wrote: So a super high profile prisoner is on suicide watch. And you call it a "giant leap" to believe that he needed some cooperation to manage suicide? Wow! We are so far apart on this it's not even worth trying to reach any common ground.

Yeah, but maybe not. I read or heard that the suicide watch meant 30 minute -eyes on- checks.
Yes that's what I thought and why I said "someone didn't watch the camera as often as they should"

I just don't see why it's so hard to imagine the guy just made something out of his clothing or whatever and it's so easy to imagine he was murdered or someone gave him something to kill himself with.
 How the hell could anyone do that and get away with it? How many people would have to be colluding to pull that off?

Actually I just read that he wasn't even on a suicide watch.
(08-11-2019, 05:35 PM)GCG Wrote: So a super high profile prisoner is on suicide watch. And you call it a "giant leap" to believe that he needed some cooperation to manage suicide? Wow! We are so far apart on this it's not even worth trying to reach any common ground.

Oh, Ok. So it's more like a suicide watch as in "Yep, he done it." But not so much a suicide prevention watch. I guess I misunderstood.   Big Grin Razz
(08-12-2019, 01:46 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 01:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 11:48 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: From the day he was arrested, my opinion was that he would never see the courtroom.  Take your pick on the conspiracy theory of your choice, as we will never know the truth, but anyone who didn't see this coming is very naïve.

So easy to say after the fact.

And yet, so true.

Sorry, I still don't see why it necessarily means I need to believe in any of the conspiracy theories. He could have just realized his gig was up and no getting out this time. Maybe he just didn't want to sit through the circus that was sure to come.
(08-12-2019, 05:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 01:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes I think it's a giant leap. I don't think it's so crazy that someone didn't watch the camera as often as they should and that Epstein figured out something to use to strangle himself with.

Oh, Ok. So it's more like a suicide watch as in "Yep, he done it." But not so much a suicide prevention watch. I guess I misunderstood.   Big Grin Razz

He was NOT on suicide watch so how it works doesn't matter LOL. So IMO that's makes it even more likely he simply killed himself.

By Jonathan Dienst, Andrew Blankstein, Dareh Gregorian and Rich Schapiro
Even before his first suspected suicide try last month, Jeffrey Epstein was perhaps the most vulnerable man in the federal jail system: a wealthy and well-known financier accused of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls. He was, by all accounts, the kind of inmate who should have been under the closest possible supervision.
Instead, Epstein was taken off suicide watch in the days before he apparently took his own life, officials told NBC News, a decision that baffled former wardens and veterans of the federal prison system.
"For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pri...e-n1041121
(08-12-2019, 05:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 01:48 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: What video is are you referring to?

He was NOT on suicide watch so how it works doesn't matter LOL. So IMO that's makes it even more likely he simply killed himself.

Even before his first suspected suicide try last month, Jeffrey Epstein was perhaps the most vulnerable man in the federal jail system: a wealthy and well-known financier accused of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls. He was, by all accounts, the kind of inmate who should have been under the closest possible supervision.
Instead, Epstein was taken off suicide watch in the days before he apparently took his own life, officials told NBC News, a decision that baffled former wardens and veterans of the federal prison system.
"For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances.”

I think that the part that you highlighted is even more telling than if he had remained on suicide watch. Why didn't you highlight the rest of your quote? I think it proves my point more than yours! In fact, you are the only person that I've heard from, anywhere on the political spectrum, that believes that he managed this without cooperation of any kind. And by "active" I mean not passive.
(08-12-2019, 05:28 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: No video. I'm just assuming when there is a suicide watch that means someone watched the inmate with a camera.

I think that the part that you highlighted is even more telling than if he had remained on suicide watch. Why didn't you highlight the rest of your quote? I think it proves my point more than yours! In fact, you are the only person that I've heard from, anywhere on the political spectrum, that believes that he managed this without cooperation of any kind. And by "active" I mean not passive.

There were three of us all talking about suicide watch. I had no idea he was NOT on suicide watch and so talking about what a suicide watch entails was pointless.
The whole point of my post was the highlighted part.

You don't do Facebook do you? Because I'm sure as hell not the only one who didn't instantly decide there had to be something nefarious going on.
And a great many who do mistakenly thought he was on suicide watch.

Same, i told my wife one way or another he is a dead man.
(08-12-2019, 05:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yeah, but maybe not. I read or heard that the suicide watch meant 30 minute -eyes on- checks.

There were three of us all talking about suicide watch. I had no idea he was NOT on suicide watch and so talking about what a suicide watch entails was pointless.

You don't do Facebook do you? Because I'm sure as hell not the only one who didn't instantly decide there had to be something nefarious going on.
It was reported that he was on suicide watch and then it was reported that he was taken off. It has also been reported that he had already tried to take his life once while incarcerated and that is why he was on suicide watch in the first place. I've read that it is highly unusual for a prisoner to be taken off of suicide watch, (after an attempted suicide), without first completing a psychiatric evaluation. 

So, if what we are being told is accurate... here is what we have: Epstein is arrested and jailed. VERY HIGH PROFILE CASE!  Many powerful people, from across the political spectrum, stand to have their names dragged through the dirt during the ensuing trial... which leads very many more people to wonder about his longevity. Then, he "allegedly" attempts suicide and fails. He is subsequently put on suicide watch. Then, in a surprising move, he is removed from suicide watch. Then he dies of an "apparent" suicide.  And your take on this is not only to assume that he managed to fool everyone and, without assistance or coercion, pull off his own demise... but to also label any other explanation as  a leap or crazy? I know for a fact that you are not that thick-headed. But maybe, just maybe, you are that stubborn.
(08-12-2019, 06:26 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 05:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Oh, Ok. So it's more like a suicide watch as in "Yep, he done it." But not so much a suicide prevention watch. I guess I misunderstood.   Big Grin Razz

It was reported that he was on suicide watch and then it was reported that he was taken off. It has also been reported that he had already tried to take his life once while incarcerated and that is why he was on suicide watch in the first place. I've read that it is highly unusual for a prisoner to be taken off of suicide watch, (after an attempted suicide), without first completing a psychiatric evaluation. 

So, if what we are being told is accurate... here is what we have: Epstein is arrested and jailed. VERY HIGH PROFILE CASE!  Many powerful people, from across the political spectrum, stand to have their names dragged through the dirt during the ensuing trial... which leads very many more people to wonder about his longevity. Then, he "allegedly" attempts suicide and fails. He is subsequently put on suicide watch. Then, in a surprising move, he is removed from suicide watch. Then he dies of an "apparent" suicide.  And your take on this is not only to assume that he managed to fool everyone and, without assistance or coercion, pull off his own demise... but to also label any other explanation as  a leap or crazy? I know for a fact that you are not that thick-headed. But maybe, just maybe, you are that stubborn.

Many powerful people, from across the political spectrum, stand to have their names dragged through the dirt during the ensuing trial

That 's not a fact. That's an assumption. You act as if the series of events you listed justifies your theory.
I simply don't see that.

Then, he "allegedly" attempts suicide and fails.
I don't see nay reason to believe he didn't attempt suicide.On what grounds do you doubt that he did?

He is subsequently put on suicide watch. Then, in a surprising move, he is removed from suicide watch.

Surprising yes but shit happens. It could easily been poor judgement, a mistake who knows, Stranger things then that happen all the time.

And your take on this is not only to assume that he managed to fool everyone and, without assistance or coercion, pull off his own demise.
What do you mean "fool every one" and "manage" to kill himself? He was not on suicide watch so why did he have to manage or fool anyone?

I'll take back the leap or crazy part but I simply don't find the theories that because some rich people or person was complicit with his crimes they had him killed. That would be quite the accomplishment and would have to involve several people.
I just think it's likely that he simply offed himself and incompetent jail people let it happen.
(08-12-2019, 07:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 05:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: He was NOT on suicide watch so how it works doesn't matter LOL. So IMO that's makes it even more likely he simply killed himself.

Many powerful people, from across the political spectrum, stand to have their names dragged through the dirt during the ensuing trial

That 's not a fact. That's an assumption. You act as if the series of events you listed justifies your theory.
I simply don't see that.

I don't see nay reason to believe he didn't attempt suicide.On what grounds do you doubt that he did?

He is subsequently put on suicide watch. Then, in a surprising move, he is removed from suicide watch.

Surprising yes but shit happens. It could easily been poor judgement, a mistake who knows, Stranger things then that happen all the time.

And your take on this is not only to assume that he managed to fool everyone and, without assistance or coercion, pull off his own demise.
What do you mean "fool every one" and "manage" to kill himself? He was not on suicide watch so why did he have to manage or fool anyone?

I'll take back the leap or crazy part but I simply don't find the theories that because some rich people or person was complicit with his crimes they had him killed. That would be quite the accomplishment and would have to involve several people.
I just think it's likely that he simply offed himself and incompetent jail people let it happen.

I think that's all GCG wanted.
(08-12-2019, 08:08 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 07:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 05:28 PM)GCG Wrote: I think that the part that you highlighted is even more telling than if he had remained on suicide watch. Why didn't you highlight the rest of your quote? I think it proves my point more than yours! In fact, you are the only person that I've heard from, anywhere on the political spectrum, that believes that he managed this without cooperation of any kind. And by "active" I mean not passive.

I simply don't see that.

I think that's all GCG wanted.

Far from it! I'll not be happy until tvguy has made a complete 180 and becomes even more convinced of foul play than I am.

Interesting read: 

https://news.yahoo.com/jeffrey-epstein-e...55970.html

a few excerpts:

"Epstein had previously been found on the floor of his cell with bruises on his neck on July 23. He was placed on suicide watch, which included having a daily psychiatric evaluation, and checks by prison guards every 15 minutes. But less than a week later he was taken off suicide watch.

He was still supposed to be checked every 30 minutes but that was not done on the night he died. His cellmate had been transferred and he was alone in the cell. The US attorney general said he was "livid". The FBI and the inspector general have launched inquiries into what went wrong."

"Epstein's death immediately sparked conspiracy theories because the possibility he might tell all about his sordid life was undeniably embarrassing to a host of high profile politicians and celebrities who knew him.

Depending on political persuasion, conspiracy theorists pointed the finger at either Mr Trump, or Bill and Hillary Clinton. The hashtags "Trumpbodycount" and "Clintonbodycount" began trending on Twitter."

A former inmate at the jail in Manhattan, where drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was once held, said: "There’s no way that man [Epstein] could have killed himself. I’ve done too much time in those units. It’s an impossibility."