Breaking Bad
I know it's been rumored for years, but apparently there will be a Breaking Bad Sequel.  I don't watch much television per se...I have some favorite shows, but not many.  But I did love Breaking Bad. I always felt that Breaking Bad was like watching modern Shakespeare with it's arc and characters. I don't know if Greenbrier is the covert code name for the show, or if that is what it's title will be, but I'm guessing this is Jesse's story and what happens to him after his escape. Or perhaps a subplot within the Breaking Bad time frame and directly after.  I hate the idea of Walt somehow surviving the end and still being around, because that would ruin the perfect story arc that was the series for me. I am not sure if this sequel, which I don't think is a series, but rather a full length film will be on both AMC and Netflix or just Netflix, but since it's still got Vince Gilligan's involvment, I can't imagine not watching it.
(08-22-2019, 05:36 PM)Juniper Wrote: I know it's been rumored for years, but apparently there will be a Breaking Bad Sequel.  I don't watch much television per se...I have some favorite shows, but not many.  But I did love Breaking Bad. I always felt that Breaking Bad was like watching modern Shakespeare with it's arc and characters. I don't know if Greenbrier is the covert code name for the show, or if that is what it's title will be, but I'm guessing this is Jesse's story and what happens to him after his escape. Or perhaps a subplot within the Breaking Bad time frame and directly after.  I hate the idea of Walt somehow surviving the end and still being around, because that would ruin the perfect story arc that was the series for me. I am not sure if this sequel, which I don't think is a series, but rather a full length film will be on both AMC and Netflix or just Netflix, but since it's still got Vince Gilligan's involvment, I can't imagine not watching it.

Were you a fan of Better Call Saul?
I will watch anything involved with the breaking bad universe, cant wait for the movie.
I hope to see walter white in some fashion via flashbacks, but for the BB story I'm hoping it remains that he did not survive.
(08-22-2019, 05:36 PM)Juniper Wrote: I know it's been rumored for years, but apparently there will be a Breaking Bad Sequel.  I don't watch much television per se...I have some favorite shows, but not many.  But I did love Breaking Bad. I always felt that Breaking Bad was like watching modern Shakespeare with it's arc and characters. I don't know if Greenbrier is the covert code name for the show, or if that is what it's title will be, but I'm guessing this is Jesse's story and what happens to him after his escape. Or perhaps a subplot within the Breaking Bad time frame and directly after.  I hate the idea of Walt somehow surviving the end and still being around, because that would ruin the perfect story arc that was the series for me. I am not sure if this sequel, which I don't think is a series, but rather a full length film will be on both AMC and Netflix or just Netflix, but since it's still got Vince Gilligan's involvment, I can't imagine not watching it.

I bet you would watch more TV per see if you had more than Netflex. These are all series I would think you would have to like some of them. Some I would not watch if my wife didn't but I have watched them all.

City on the hill w/ Kevin Bacon

Ray Donovon

True detective . Directed or produced by  Matthew McConaughey

Yellowstone... Kevin Costner

Big little lies .. Nicole Kidman

Dead wood

West world

Boardwalk empire.... Steve Buscemi

Escape from Dannemora

Succession
(08-22-2019, 06:03 PM)GCG Wrote:

I don't see how anyone couldn't be a fan. The acting, the mix of comedy and real drama 5 stars for me Smiling

I think Michael McKean ,  Bob Odenkirk's brother should have won an award for his acting. Maybe he did.
(08-22-2019, 07:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't see how anyone couldn't be a fan. The acting, the mix of comedy and real drama 5 stars for me Smiling

I think Michael McKean ,  Bob Odenkirk's brother should have won an award for his acting. Maybe he did.

Thats a fact, his portrayal of that character is fantastic.

Yes, but it's not really the same kind of thing. It's good stuff though. I think it's well written, well acted, well produced.  Just not quite as impacting. I still haven't finished this season. I think I'll finish it now.
(08-22-2019, 07:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I bet you would watch more TV per see if you had more than Netflex. These are all series I would think you would have to like some of them. Some I would not watch if my wife didn't but I have watched them all.

City on the hill w/ Kevin Bacon

Ray Donovon

True detective . Directed or produced by  Matthew McConaughey

Yellowstone... Kevin Costner

Big little lies .. Nicole Kidman

Dead wood

West world

Boardwalk empire.... Steve Buscemi

Escape from Dannemora

Succession
I loved the first season of true detective. I like Yellowstone. Ray Donovan failed to move me. For some reason, mob type themes don't usually go over with me, although, I do like Peaky Blinders. Westworld didn't get me either. Nor Deadwood, though, I did try. I haven't seen the others
I saw an all cast reading of an episode of Breaking Bad. Everyone in the cast (except minor characters such as Huell maybe) were all seated in one room with the directors and writers and all holding the scripts in their hands. They sat at the table and read the script as written it would play, scene by scene. Most of it was just saying their lines...not too much acting, just pacing it out. But when it was Aaron Paul's part, it was pretty cool, because he did act. Just sitting there with the script in his hand but really acting it out, crying and breaking down. Bryan Cranston was saying his lines also, and on the other side of him was Anna Gunn (Skyler). As Cranston and Paul were playing it out, just sitting at the table, Anna Gunn was staring at Paul with her mouth hanging open. When that scene was over it was a scene shift, to her and she was saying her lines while wiping the tears out of her eyes. It was impressive that Paul could just summon that up at that moment, nothing really leading up to that emotional moment. It seemed to take him some time to recover, as he kept sniffing and wiping his eyes as the others did their scenes.
(08-22-2019, 07:58 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Yes, but it's not really the same kind of thing. It's good stuff though. I think it's well written, well acted, well produced.  Just not quite as impacting. I still haven't finished this season. I think I'll finish it now.
This season? I didn't even know there was a "this season." You must be referring to season 4 which aired on AMC about a year ago. Maybe it's just now showing up on Netflix? I just read where season 5 is due in 2020. That's sort of a pet peeve of mine... having so long between seasons means, (for me), having to re-watch previous episodes in order to remember where things left off. I do remember not liking the way things were left at the end of season 4 but I don't remember why. And, at that time, it was unclear if that was the final episode.
(08-23-2019, 06:48 AM)GCG Wrote:

This season? I didn't even know there was a "this season." You must be referring to season 4 which aired on AMC about a year ago. Maybe it's just now showing up on Netflix? I just read where season 5 is due in 2020. That's sort of a pet peeve of mine... having so long between seasons means, (for me), having to re-watch previous episodes in order to remember where things left off. I do remember not liking the way things were left at the end of season 4 but I don't remember why. And, at that time, it was unclear if that was the final episode.

That annoys me also, it almost makes me want to not watch until the series has a wrap then binge watch it all. But, that ship sailed since I already started watching as it aired, no way I'm not going to watch new seasons as they release now.

That's how it was for Breaking Bad for me, I was late to the party and the final season was already airing when someone convinced me to just watch the first episode, I did, then proceeded to watch 5 or 6 more back to back. Obviously I was hooked, which got my wife hooked, and we managed to catch up in time to watch the final few episodes when they aired, which worked out perfect. The whole story was fresh in our minds and we got to see the finale with the rest of the shows fans and not have to worry about spoilers, etc.
My wife recently watched the entire BB series for the 2nd time. I didn't really enjoy it enough to give it another watch. But, for me, there were no really likable characters, (other than Hank). I especially didn't care for Walt's wife or his kid. OTOH, I liked a lot of the characters on Saul. Especially Kim and Mike and Nacho. How many of you remember Michael McKean as "Lenny" on Laverne and Shirley? That guy is super talented.
(08-23-2019, 10:51 AM)GCG Wrote: My wife recently watched the entire BB series for the 2nd time. I didn't really enjoy it enough to give it another watch. But, for me, there were no really likable characters, (other than Hank). I especially didn't care for Walt's wife or his kid. OTOH, I liked a lot of the characters on Saul. Especially Kim and Mike and Nacho. How many of you remember Michael McKean as "Lenny" on Laverne and Shirley? That guy is super talented.

How many of you remember Michael McKean as "Lenny" on Laverne and Shirley? That guy is super talented.

I think almost everyone would know he was Lenny Smiling
(08-23-2019, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 10:51 AM)GCG Wrote: My wife recently watched the entire BB series for the 2nd time. I didn't really enjoy it enough to give it another watch. But, for me, there were no really likable characters, (other than Hank). I especially didn't care for Walt's wife or his kid. OTOH, I liked a lot of the characters on Saul. Especially Kim and Mike and Nacho. How many of you remember Michael McKean as "Lenny" on Laverne and Shirley? That guy is super talented.

How many of you remember Michael McKean as "Lenny" on Laverne and Shirley? That guy is super talented.

Only because we are all older than dirt.

Interesting that you say that about the wife. Most people universally say that. I saw something once about this and asking what it means about the character. One theory I saw, posited the idea that Skyler is annoying because she is perceived as a nag, although really, she is only nagging about what is right. Deep down, we want to see Walter succeed and Skyler is percieved as holding him back. And also what it says to us on a subconcious level about female and male gender roles. I didn't like her either. Until I did watch it again and realized what a great actress she is.
(08-23-2019, 06:48 AM)GCG Wrote:

OK, the  most recent season.
(08-23-2019, 04:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Interesting that you say that about the wife. Most people universally say that. I saw something once about this and asking what it means about the character. One theory I saw, posited the idea that Skyler is annoying because she is perceived as a nag, although really, she is only nagging about what is right. Deep down, we want to see Walter succeed and Skyler is percieved as holding him back. And also what it says to us on a subconcious level about female and male gender roles. I didn't like her either. Until I did watch it again and realized what a great actress she is.
 Is it that hard to be an ass Razz

she is only nagging about what is right

Not from what I remember.

And also what it says to us on a subconcious level about female and male gender roles.

Hmmmm. I don't think so. I could be wrong. if the same exact script had Walt as gay and his partner play a jerk. I'm pretty sure I would think he was also a jerk.
(08-23-2019, 04:46 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Only because we are all older than dirt.
Yep LOL. I would have remembered him from this alone but the movie is 30 years old.

It's on my top ten list of best comedy movies ever.

She really did a great job. I don't think we, (the audience), are supposed to like her. I did kinda like her sister though... wasn't she a klepto or something? For some reason I liked her at some point... not sure why. Normally, gratuitous nudity would do it... but that's not it. <shrug>
(08-23-2019, 05:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Is it that hard to be an ass Razz

she is only nagging about what is right

Not from what I remember.

And also what it says to us on a subconcious level about female and male gender roles.

Hmmmm. I don't think so. I could be wrong. if the same exact script had Walt as gay and his partner play a jerk. I'm pretty sure I would think he was also a jerk.

Well, she is not nagging about what is right?  I don't think the character was portrayed any differently from how it was written.   She is annoying, but how is what she is nagging about not right?  First it's about how they are going to pay his medical bills, and then it's about legality, morality and then about how to stay safe and not be killed.  Anyway, I was just saying something I read about it.