Breaking Bad
(09-26-2019, 02:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 08:17 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: I didn't watch the trailer. I'm going to watch this anyway so I don't need no stinking trailer.

I wasn't too crazy about Jesse. I hope that doesn't matter.

The show wouldn't have been very interesting without I'm.

Well sure that doesn't mean some other actor could not have played his part that I may have liked better.
So it's the actor you don't care for, not the character?
It has to be the actor I don't know the character. I just felt like someone else would have worked better. I can't explain why.
(09-27-2019, 12:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: I didn't watch the trailer. I'm going to watch this anyway so I don't need no stinking trailer.

I wasn't too crazy about Jesse. I hope that doesn't matter.

The show wouldn't have been very interesting without I'm.

Well sure that doesn't mean some other actor could not have played his part that I may have liked better.
It has to be the actor I don't know the character. I just felt like someone else would have worked better. I can't explain why.
Fair enough. I thought he did well. And had another actor played the role, and the chemistry not been there, Jesse would not have made it past Season 1 and we likely wouldn't be having this discussion.
(09-27-2019, 12:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The show wouldn't have been very interesting without I'm.

Fair enough. I thought he did well. And had another actor played the role, and the chemistry not been there, Jesse would not have made it past Season 1 and we likely wouldn't be having this discussion.

You didn't like Hank.. Who was he?
(09-27-2019, 12:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 08:17 AM)tvguy Wrote: Well sure that doesn't mean some other actor could not have played his part that I may have liked better.

You didn't like Hank.. Who was he?

The DEA Brother in Law.
So, on a side note about BB. My Grandson is 16 and obsessed with BB. He likes Scarface and he loves Walter White because in his words they are "badass!". He brought it up at Christmas and we were having a family conversation about how BB is a good show, but Walter White is not a good man. He had trouble with this. Apparently, a lot of fans take the same view. Separating the 'badass' from the character of WW/Heisenburg. They look at WW very one-dimensionally and just look at him as a superhero badass. Over the summer my Grandson had a job and I would pick him up every day and drive him home. His favorite subject was WW /BB. He showed me his notebook, it had a sketch of "Heisenberg" and all sorts of catchphrases from the show, like 'YEAH! BITCH! SCIENCE!' and all the elements and other bits like 'red phosphorus' and 'lily of the valley' and other things. We had lots of discussions about it. He seemed really grateful that someone wanted to listen to him and would discuss it with him. After a time, he was able to see more deeply into the story, and understand how WW might be a 'badass' but he wasn't really a good man. He was a man with demons and devils doing some terrible, terrible things. I pointed out to my grandson, that there is nothing sexy or cool about meth. And we looked at from a literary POV and discussed relationships like Jesse's and Walters and the idea of the anti-hero. It's ok to have a phase to go through, but it's also important to have honest conversations about this stuff. Who knows? I know that at its peak, BB had a lot of fanatical fans with the same POV.
(09-27-2019, 12:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, on a side note about BB.  My Grandson is 16 and obsessed with BB.  He likes Scarface and he loves Walter White because in his words they are "badass!".  He brought it up at Christmas and we were having a family conversation about how BB is a good show, but Walter White is not a good man.  He had trouble with this. Apparently, a lot of fans take the same view. Separating the 'badass' from the character of WW/Heisenburg. They look at WW very one-dimensionally and just look at him as a superhero badass.  Over the summer my Grandson had a job and I would pick him up every day and drive him home. His favorite subject was WW /BB.  He showed me his notebook, it had a sketch of "Heisenberg" and all sorts of catchphrases from the show, like 'YEAH! BITCH! SCIENCE!' and all the elements and other bits like 'red phosphorus' and 'lily of the valley' and other things.  We had lots of discussions about it.  He seemed really grateful that someone wanted to listen to him and would discuss it with him. After a time, he was able to see more deeply into the story, and understand how WW might be a 'badass' but he wasn't really a good man.  He was a man with demons and devils doing some terrible, terrible things.  I pointed out to my grandson, that there is nothing sexy or cool about meth.  And we looked at from a literary POV and discussed relationships like Jesse's and Walters and the idea of the anti-hero.  It's ok to have a phase to go through, but it's also important to have honest conversations about this stuff. Who knows?  I know that at its peak, BB had a lot of fanatical fans with the same POV.

This is why kids do mass shootings Razz Too many don't have anyone to splain the real world like you did.
(09-27-2019, 02:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, on a side note about BB.  My Grandson is 16 and obsessed with BB.  He likes Scarface and he loves Walter White because in his words they are "badass!".  He brought it up at Christmas and we were having a family conversation about how BB is a good show, but Walter White is not a good man.  He had trouble with this. Apparently, a lot of fans take the same view. Separating the 'badass' from the character of WW/Heisenburg. They look at WW very one-dimensionally and just look at him as a superhero badass.  Over the summer my Grandson had a job and I would pick him up every day and drive him home. His favorite subject was WW /BB.  He showed me his notebook, it had a sketch of "Heisenberg" and all sorts of catchphrases from the show, like 'YEAH! BITCH! SCIENCE!' and all the elements and other bits like 'red phosphorus' and 'lily of the valley' and other things.  We had lots of discussions about it.  He seemed really grateful that someone wanted to listen to him and would discuss it with him. After a time, he was able to see more deeply into the story, and understand how WW might be a 'badass' but he wasn't really a good man.  He was a man with demons and devils doing some terrible, terrible things.  I pointed out to my grandson, that there is nothing sexy or cool about meth.  And we looked at from a literary POV and discussed relationships like Jesse's and Walters and the idea of the anti-hero.  It's ok to have a phase to go through, but it's also important to have honest conversations about this stuff. Who knows?  I know that at its peak, BB had a lot of fanatical fans with the same POV.

This is why kids do mass shootings Razz Too many don't have anyone to splain the real world like you did.

'Splaining away.
Aaron Paul on Jimmy Kimmel recapping Breaking Bad.

Because... Science Bitches!

https://www.insider.com/video-aaron-paul...no-2019-10

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
El Camino was released today 10/11/19. Today, on this same date, Ed, the vacuum guy died of brain cancer.
(10-11-2019, 10:31 PM)Juniper Wrote: El Camino was released today 10/11/19.  Today, on this same date, Ed, the vacuum guy died of brain cancer.

Well, damn.

Watched el camino yesterday. Enjoyed it.
(10-11-2019, 10:31 PM)Juniper Wrote: El Camino was released today 10/11/19.  Today, on this same date, Ed, the vacuum guy died of brain cancer.

Cancer sucks, maybe they could put that, in a vacuum cleaner.
(10-12-2019, 08:37 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Well, damn.

Watched el camino yesterday. Enjoyed it.

Yes, I liked it as well.  Crying
After watching it, I decided to read some reviews. I think a lot of fans are just plain idiots.
A common and recurring complaint, fat Todd. Yes, people are mad that Todd obviously gained some weight and cared not enough to lose the weight to look more like he did 6 years ago and since this takes off right where the series leaves off the idiots can't suspend belief in a fat Todd. For the record, I'd hardly call him fat in the first place.

Spoiler Alerts for BB and El Camino below...so you've been warned.

Another common complaint, that Walter White was not alive in EC, I guess fans really thought he'd be found in a critical condition and then I Jesse would launch some sort of heist to break him out of a hospital. To me, this idea or anything like it would ruin the show and El Camino. Walter dying was a perfect ending to the show, he was going to die of cancer anyway. The idea that in a 2 hr. movie, Jesse of all people, also being wanted by police, could bust him out of a critical condition hospital surrounded by cops and then what, go back to making meth? Go work with Saul at Cinnabon? Both move to Alaska as some sort of ex meth cook Odd Couple? The idea is beyond lame. Vince Gilligan nailed this closing chapter IMO.
Lastly, people all pissed off that there was no check-in with Skylar, Walt Jr., Marie, etc. To me, all those story lines were closed up satisfactorily in BB. In the BB timeline, El Camino took place right after Walt visited Skylar, there was nothing new to add here, IF Gilligan had decided to do a movie with a time line years after where the series left off then sure it would make since to check in with those characters, however for this movie and timeline it was totally unnecessary.
(10-14-2019, 07:18 AM)GPnative Wrote: After watching it, I decided to read some reviews. I think a lot of fans are just plain idiots.
A common and recurring complaint, fat Todd. Yes, people are mad that Todd obviously gained some weight and cared not enough to lose the weight to look more like he did 6 years ago and since this takes off right where the series leaves off the idiots can't suspend belief in a fat Todd. For the record, I'd hardly call him fat in the first place.

Spoiler Alerts for BB and El Camino below...so you've been warned.

Another common complaint, that Walter White was not alive in EC, I guess fans really thought he'd be found in a critical condition and then I Jesse would launch some sort of heist to break him out of a hospital. To me, this idea or anything like it would ruin the show and El Camino. Walter dying was a perfect ending to the show, he was going to die of cancer anyway. The idea that in a 2 hr. movie, Jesse of all people, also being wanted by police, could bust him out of a critical condition hospital surrounded by cops and then what, go back to making meth? Go work with Saul at Cinnabon? Both move to Alaska as some sort of ex meth cook Odd Couple? The idea is beyond lame. Vince Gilligan nailed this closing chapter IMO.
Lastly, people all pissed off that there was no check-in with Skylar, Walt Jr., Marie, etc. To me, all those story lines were closed up satisfactorily in BB. In the BB timeline, El Camino took place right after Walt visited Skylar, there was nothing new to add here, IF Gilligan had decided to do a movie with a time line years after where the series left off then sure it would make since to check in with those characters, however for this movie and timeline it was totally unnecessary.

Yes, Todd gained weight. He put on weight for Fargo I think. Maybe he just wasn't able to get it off...if the BB folks had been firmer about it, would he have?  I just chose to suspend disbelief.  Yes, Skylar and Walt Jr aren't likely to be out and about to cross paths with Jesse, and he wouldn't go anywhere near Walt's home.  I think people are ridiculous.  A lot of stuff out there about hidden Easter eggs. Some seem legit, others far reaching.  I liked it over all. It seemed realistic to me.  Once out and seeing what the aftermath, Jesse would absolutely be focused on getting the hell out of Dodge at any cost.
We spent this rainy day being lazy in our jammies all day. We just finished watching El Camino.  I want MORE!
(10-16-2019, 05:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We spent this rainy day being lazy in our jammies all day. We just finished watching El Camino.  I want MORE!

Why is this ONLY on fucking netflix Grrrr.  Breaking bad was on AMC as well as Better call Saul
(10-16-2019, 06:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 05:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We spent this rainy day being lazy in our jammies all day. We just finished watching El Camino.  I want MORE!

Why is this ONLY on fucking netflix Grrrr.  Breaking bad was on AMC as well as Better call Saul

Buy 1 month... watch all of the Netflix stuff... cancel it.

I'm considering that with Hulu... I want to see Handmaid's Tale.
(10-16-2019, 06:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I thought it was going to be on AMC too?
I'm sure it's going to be.  Why the later date, I don't know.

Yes, but I think VG is going to let it be.  And I think it's wise.
Question: Does Jesse ever say "Bitch" in El Camino?