Hate Crime
There is a story about some transgenders getting roughed up at a bar somewhere and it is being investigated as a hate crime. I don't know the details but it got me to thinking about this subject and I'll put forth a very plausible scenario, KEEPING IN MIND THAT I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STORY THAT IS FLOATING AROUND THE WEB. So I'll set the scene, If you remember the scene in Crocodile Dundee where there is a trans-he/she-whatever and Mick is thinking he is about to score. But he gets tipped off and grabs the dudes crotch and opts out of the tryst. So that sort of thing really does happen. If there is a guy that is getting all hot and heavy with what he believes is a women, and then her "dick n balls" make their appearance... I think an ass-kickin is in order. And, in today's society, I wonder if that wouldn't be a hate crime.
This is what you sit around thinking about?
Lord help us. Why are you  supposed he-men obsessed with gay guys. And girls. And folks who decide they’re something else. Jesus Christ we’re in trouble.
(08-26-2019, 06:35 PM)bbqboy Wrote: This is what you sit around thinking about?
Lord help us. Why are you  supposed he-men obsessed with gay guys. And girls. And folks who decide they’re something else. Jesus Christ we’re in trouble.
I agree! WTH?!?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
There hasn't been a post on this site for 2 days. I was surfing the web and saw an article that raised a eyebrow for me. So I posted a simple hypothetical and you two come off as if I am obsessing over it. No wonder this place is dying.
(08-26-2019, 06:00 PM)GCG Wrote: There is a story about some transgenders getting roughed up at a bar somewhere and it is being investigated as a hate crime. I don't know the details but it got me to thinking about this subject and I'll put forth a very plausible scenario, KEEPING IN MIND THAT I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STORY THAT IS FLOATING AROUND THE WEB. So I'll set the scene, If you remember the scene in Crocodile Dundee where there is a trans-he/she-whatever and Mick is thinking he is about to score. But he gets tipped off and grabs the dudes crotch and opts out of the tryst. So that sort of thing really does happen. If there is a guy that is getting all hot and heavy with what he believes is a women, and then her "dick n balls" make their appearance... I think an ass-kickin is in order. And, in today's society, I wonder if that wouldn't be a hate crime.

No it's not IMO but I bet you would be charged with a hate crime.

Also do you think there's any chance they would have the same scene in a movie today?

I think if they tried to make Blazing Saddles today the movie would be about 20 minutes long Laughing

What about Spicoli in Fast times at Ridgemount High when he was talking about the two champion surfers.

Would they still allow him to say... Those guys are fags Laughing Razz Razz
(08-26-2019, 06:00 PM)GCG Wrote: There is a story about some transgenders getting roughed up at a bar somewhere and it is being investigated as a hate crime. I don't know the details but it got me to thinking about this subject and I'll put forth a very plausible scenario, KEEPING IN MIND THAT I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STORY THAT IS FLOATING AROUND THE WEB. So I'll set the scene, If you remember the scene in Crocodile Dundee where there is a trans-he/she-whatever and Mick is thinking he is about to score. But he gets tipped off and grabs the dudes crotch and opts out of the tryst. So that sort of thing really does happen. If there is a guy that is getting all hot and heavy with what he believes is a women, and then her "dick n balls" make their appearance... I think an ass-kickin is in order. And, in today's society, I wonder if that wouldn't be a hate crime.

This is why premarital sex is important.
(08-26-2019, 09:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Also do you think there's any chance they would have the same scene in a movie today?

I think if they tried to make Blazing Saddles today the movie would be about 20 minutes long Laughing

What about Spicoli in Fast times at Ridgemount High when he was talking about the two champion surfers.

I had similar thoughts.  Yes, it would be a hate crime today.  You'd never see that in a movie now.  Many jokes that were funny in their day aren't appreciated in today's climate.

Remember the film Almost Famous?  The plane is going to go down with the band, ala Lynard Synard.  In a last minute, death bed confession, the manager finally bursts out the secret he's been keeping for so many years...."I'm GAY!"  Very funny at the time.  The entire theater roared.  Now when I see it, it seems awkward and out of place even though I remember how funny it was at the times.
(08-27-2019, 07:41 AM)Juniper Wrote:

I had similar thoughts.  Yes, it would be a hate crime today.  You'd never see that in a movie now.  Many jokes that were funny in their day aren't appreciated in today's climate.

Remember the film Almost Famous?  The plane is going to go down with the band, ala Lynard Synard.  In a last minute, death bed confession, the manager finally bursts out the secret he's been keeping for so many years...."I'm GAY!"  Very funny at the time.  The entire theater roared.  Now when I see it, it seems awkward and out of place even though I remember how funny it was at the times.

Saying something is a hate crime? It may be hateful but it doesn't usually rise to the level of a crime.
(08-26-2019, 06:50 PM)GCG Wrote: There hasn't been a post on this site for 2 days. I was surfing the web and saw an article that raised a eyebrow for me. So I posted a simple hypothetical and you two come off as if I am obsessing over it. No wonder this place is dying.

I’m literally dying, and trying not to. Forgive me if I think shit like your post is a symptom of all that’s wrong and not what’s wonderful about life.
I’m a bit cynical and yet very positive these days because I wake up.
And I have a grandson to dote over.
(08-27-2019, 10:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 06:50 PM)GCG Wrote: There hasn't been a post on this site for 2 days. I was surfing the web and saw an article that raised a eyebrow for me. So I posted a simple hypothetical and you two come off as if I am obsessing over it. No wonder this place is dying.

I’m literally dying, and trying not to. Forgive me if I think shit like your post is a symptom of all that’s wrong and not what’s wonderful about life.

I'm not sure how giving me shit about my post would help you deal with your health issues but if that's the case, then carry on. I also have a grandson, my first grandchild, 6 months old. He lives right down the street and I see him daily. For me, that's about as good as it gets. I hope that your health improves, and I mean that sincerely.

I had similar thoughts.  Yes, it would be a hate crime today.  You'd never see that in a movie now.  Many jokes that were funny in their day aren't appreciated in today's climate.BY SOME People

I saw it recently and it still seemed funny to me.
(08-27-2019, 10:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

I think you are seeing more than what is actually there. I hope your health improves. Smiling
I have eight grand kids one could have had a child 10 years ago LOL
(08-27-2019, 03:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I had similar thoughts.  Yes, it would be a hate crime today.  You'd never see that in a movie now.  Many jokes that were funny in their day aren't appreciated in today's climate.BY SOME People

Still funny to me too. What's NOT funny is that we can no longer poke fun at anyone.
(08-27-2019, 05:23 PM)GCG Wrote:

Still funny to me too. What's NOT funny is that we can no longer poke fun at anyone.

Well, I'm not saying it's not funny still, but it doesnt' have the same resonance, (I don't think) because now being gay isn't really so shocking.  But looking at it in it's time frame it is quite funny. But, if someone watched that now, who maybe didn't live in those times, they may not understand why it was so hilarious.

Well we can with close friends although mine have mostly died or moved away. With me as you may realize there is NO filter as far as comedy concerning gays, blacks, Indians, Mormons, Mexicans, Chinese, rednecks ,hippies.yuppies, Rich, poor , bums, or whatever.
I offend everyone equally Razz
(08-27-2019, 07:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 09:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:  No it's not IMO but I bet you would be charged with a hate crime.

Well we can with close friends although mine have mostly died or moved away. With me as you may realize there is NO filter as far as comedy concerning gays, blacks, Indians, Mormons, Mexicans, Chinese, rednecks ,hippies.yuppies, Rich, poor , bums, or whatever.

As long as you understand that old, bald, white dudes are off limits! Rolling Eyes
(08-27-2019, 09:26 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 07:41 AM)Juniper Wrote: I had similar thoughts.  Yes, it would be a hate crime today.  You'd never see that in a movie now.  Many jokes that were funny in their day aren't appreciated in today's climate.BY SOME People

As long as you understand that old, bald, white dudes are off limits! Rolling Eyes

If he's offending equally, then 61% of his jokes, have to be about white people (melanin challenged).
12.6% black jokes and 17.8% about Latinos
(08-28-2019, 07:13 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:26 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 05:23 PM)GCG Wrote: Still funny to me too. What's NOT funny is that we can no longer poke fun at anyone.

If he's offending equally, then 61% of his jokes, have to be about white people (melanin challenged).
12.6% black jokes and 17.8% about Latinos

So Affirmative Action meets Hate Crime? Sounds about right.
I'd have to say that in general I hate crimes, but there have been exceptions.