Trump Hatred
My mom is going on 80. She is as conservative as they come... to the point of it being embarrassing, actually. Make no mistake, I am conservative as well but she makes me look like Karl Marx. She has a Trump bumper sticker on her car. I've suggested that she remove it but she refuses. The other day she was driving across town in Torrance, Cal. when a guy behind her lays on his horn... not just a honk but a full on, non-stop HONNNNNNNNNNNNNK! Mom was petrified. She was sure she had cut him off and maybe almost caused a wreck. So the guy pulls around her on her right... honking all the while. So she rolls down the passenger window to see what his problem is. FUUUCCCCKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU YOUUUU RACIST!!!!!! he bellows.

Now Mom is many things. But racist is not one of them. I submit to you that there are many reasons why Trump won in 2016, (I did not vote), but bullshit like this is one reason why... and it is also why I might just pull the lever in 2020.
(09-26-2019, 06:07 PM)GCG Wrote: My mom is going on 80. She is as conservative as they come... to the point of it being embarrassing, actually. Make no mistake, I am conservative as well but she makes me look like Karl Marx. She has a Trump bumper sticker on her car. I've suggested that she remove it but she refuses. The other day she was driving across town in Torrance, Cal. when a guy behind her lays on his horn... not just a honk but a full on, non-stop HONNNNNNNNNNNNNK! Mom was petrified. She was sure she had cut him off and maybe almost caused a wreck. So the guy pulls around her on her right... honking all the while. So she rolls down the passenger window to see what his problem is. FUUUCCCCKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU YOUUUU RACIST!!!!!! he bellows.

Now Mom is many things. But racist is not one of them. I submit to you that there are many reasons why Trump won in 2016, (I did not vote), but bullshit like this is one reason why... and it is also why I might just pull the lever in 2020.

So because there's an ass hole in California it decides for you who to vote for? Huh.

I don't condone what happened to your mother. I wouldn't condone that sort of thing to happen to anybody. Your mom is free to support who she wishes just like any one else.

If I misunderstand your point, well, sorry.
I think we've just come to a weird kind of twilight zone in history.  Its kind of like the way real racists would be overtly and openly racist to anyone of color. In fact, there were laws supporting it.  Politicians supporting it.  I'm not saying it's the same, but there's kind of this weird filterless mentality to the world. I admit, when I see a Trump or MAGA sticker or sign it annoys me.  Much more than any other President in past times that I didn't like.  Trump is different. He is very polarizing.  Not an excuse.  But its really brought the world to a much uglier place.  I thought the division was rife back with Bush.  Its nothing like it is now.
(09-26-2019, 07:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:07 PM)GCG Wrote: My mom is going on 80. She is as conservative as they come... to the point of it being embarrassing, actually. Make no mistake, I am conservative as well but she makes me look like Karl Marx. She has a Trump bumper sticker on her car. I've suggested that she remove it but she refuses. The other day she was driving across town in Torrance, Cal. when a guy behind her lays on his horn... not just a honk but a full on, non-stop HONNNNNNNNNNNNNK! Mom was petrified. She was sure she had cut him off and maybe almost caused a wreck. So the guy pulls around her on her right... honking all the while. So she rolls down the passenger window to see what his problem is. FUUUCCCCKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU YOUUUU RACIST!!!!!! he bellows.

So because there's an ass hole in California it decides for you who to vote for? Huh.

I don't condone what happened to your mother. I wouldn't condone that sort of thing to happen to anybody. Your mom is free to support who she wishes just like any one else.

Yes. You missed my point.
(09-26-2019, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think we've just come to a weird kind of twilight zone in history.  Its kind of like the way real racists would be overtly and openly racist to anyone of color. In fact, there were laws supporting it.  Politicians supporting it.  I'm not saying it's the same, but there's kind of this weird filterless mentality to the world. I admit, when I see a Trump or MAGA sticker or sign it annoys me.  Much more than any other President in past times that I didn't like.  Trump is different. He is very polarizing.  Not an excuse.  But its really brought the world to a much uglier place.  I thought the division was rife back with Bush.  Its nothing like it is now.

I feel the division is getting worse and worse. Bad with Bush. Worse with Obama. Worse yet with Trump.

As to bumper stickers.... I'm not a fan regardless of politics. My beliefs are my own and yours are your own. I can't understand why people waste their time advertising their political position and I've said as much to Mom. For the record, she was not a fan of Trump before 2016. You could almost say that she now supports him, at least partially, out of spite. Spite for assholes like the guy that honked at her... for being labeled "deplorable"...
Also not a fan of bumper stickers. In this day and age I think you are taking a serious risk advertising your views on your car. Yes, of course you have a right to do so, but there is a growing contingent of people who think they are morally obligated to attack that which they disagree with. Using a Trump sticker as an example, there are people that will key your car, or otherwise damage it, accost you, etc. if this is a risk you are willing to take then by all means but folks at least need to recognize the risk. For that reason I would also not put political signs up at my house.
I would advise you to tell your mom to remove the sticker, it's not smart to invite problems from the unhinged social media fed assholes.
(09-26-2019, 08:43 PM)GCG Wrote:

OK, then what is your point.
We’re fighting for the soul of our country. Your mom is advertising that she supports the destruction of our country. She’s the enemy.
That’s her fault, not mine.
What’s funny is my mother got much more liberal as she got older as she watched politicos and businessmen destroy her life that she worked 50 years for. Sold out by her bosses, her pension destroyed because they sold the whole company to Japanese interests.
Now, retirement means a life of poverty compared to what we were promised.
(09-27-2019, 08:08 AM)bbqboy Wrote: We’re fighting for the soul of our country. Your mom is advertising that she supports the destruction of our country. She’s the enemy.
That’s her fault, not mine.
What’s funny is my mother got much more liberal as she got older as she watched politicos and businessmen destroy her life that she worked 50 years for. Sold out by her bosses, her pension destroyed because they sold the whole company to Japanese interests.
Now, retirement means a life of poverty compared to what we were promised.
Truth. The sad truth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I say bullshit as far as that is a reason trump won in 2016. BTW that asshole should have his face beat in for saying that to anyone especially an old lady.

And if that means you will vote fro Trump you are not as smart as I thought you were.
My God I hope you are Joking . There are just as many or more assholes like that who voted for Trump.

I don't put political bumpers stickers on anything. All it takes is one idiot like that to slit your tires or worse.

Just take the sticker off her car and don't say anything.
BTW GCG there are valid reasons to vote for trump. The only ones I can think of is to keep a gun hating open border pussy from being elected. Big Grin Laughing Laughing Laughing
(09-26-2019, 08:51 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think we've just come to a weird kind of twilight zone in history.  Its kind of like the way real racists would be overtly and openly racist to anyone of color. In fact, there were laws supporting it.  Politicians supporting it.  I'm not saying it's the same, but there's kind of this weird filterless mentality to the world. I admit, when I see a Trump or MAGA sticker or sign it annoys me.  Much more than any other President in past times that I didn't like.  Trump is different. He is very polarizing.  Not an excuse.  But its really brought the world to a much uglier place.  I thought the division was rife back with Bush.  Its nothing like it is now.

I feel the division is getting worse and worse. Bad with Bush. Worse with Obama. Worse yet with Trump.

As to bumper stickers.... I'm not a fan regardless of politics. My beliefs are my own and yours are your own. I can't understand why people waste their time advertising their political position and I've said as much to Mom. For the record, she was not a fan of Trump before 2016. You could almost say that she now supports him, at least partially, out of spite. Spite for assholes like the guy that honked at her... for being labeled "deplorable"...

Point taken!  I agree. I don't put political bumper stickers on my car.  I don't like religious ones either, I did, at one point have a FSM sticker on my car however.  That's a bit like your mom having one for spite..  But no, not politics.
(09-27-2019, 12:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I say bullshit as far as that is a reason trump won in 2016. BTW that asshole should have his face beat in for saying that to anyone especially an old lady.

And if that means you will vote fro Trump you are not as smart as I thought you were.
My God I hope you are Joking . There are just as many or more assholes like that who voted for Trump.

I don't put political bumpers stickers on anything. All it takes is one idiot like that to slit your tires or worse.

I don't know if I took the comment about actually voting to mean he would vote for Trump.  Did you GCG?
(09-27-2019, 12:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I don't know if I took the comment about actually voting to mean he would vote for Trump.  Did you GCG?

That's the way it looked to me.
(09-27-2019, 12:55 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I took it a bit more open ended.  Like he might vote for Trump, OR he might vote for anyone not on the left.
(09-27-2019, 12:57 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I took it a bit more open ended.  Like he might vote for Trump, OR he might vote for anyone not on the left.

there are many reasons why Trump won in 2016 it is also why I might just pull the lever in 2020

I don't know how anyone can take it any other way.
(09-27-2019, 02:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: I say bullshit as far as that is a reason trump won in 2016. BTW that asshole should have his face beat in for saying that to anyone especially an old lady.

there are many reasons why Trump won in 2016 it is also why I might just pull the lever in 2020

Maybe I'm TOO open minded.
(09-27-2019, 03:10 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 02:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:46 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know if I took the comment about actually voting to mean he would vote for Trump.  Did you GCG?

Maybe I'm TOO open minded.

I would agree with you but seriously, who else will there be in 2020? trump owns the Republican Party just now.
(09-27-2019, 08:00 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

My point was NOT this this single incident will cause me to overcome my disdain Trump and vote for him in 2020. But rather that it was this type of contempt and derision, (from many on the left), for anyone that would've rather seen Trump in the office than Hillary, is exactly what pushed just enough voters to the booth in 2016. Without the "spite vote" she would have prevailed. And if it continues, I'll consider voting for Trump... depending on who is running against him.

To be clear, it was not about a single asshole in California... are you really saying that you thought it was?
(09-27-2019, 03:47 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 08:00 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

My point was NOT this this single incident will cause me to overcome my disdain Trump and vote for him in 2020. But rather that it was this type of contempt and derision, (from many on the left), for anyone that would've rather seen Trump in the office than Hillary, is exactly what pushed just enough voters to the booth in 2016. Without the "spite vote" she would have prevailed. And if it continues, I'll consider voting for Trump... depending on who is running against him.

To be clear, it was not about a single asshole in California... are you really saying that you thought it was?

No, I got that. But since you used the single example to make your point I used the same to question your reaction.

I'm quite aware that some voters voted for him the first go 'round for that very reason and it strikes me as short sighted and irresponsible to the welfare of this country. Sure there are some left wing jerks but there isn't a shortage of conservative ass holes either. For an example just look at the comment section of FOX News online on just about any story. It's a very predictable cesspool.