The news is not news anymore.
Tell me if I'm wrong but in the past when a plane went down did they focus on and interview the mother and fathers of the victims?
 Why do I need to see and hear all that touchy feelly sappy crap? Why do I need to see how sad people are who lost a loved one?
When the news is about floods it's more about the people who lost their home. Sad sad sad but that's not news.. Is it?
The same with mass shootings? Why do I have to see all the survivors crying because they were shot up or because they lost their father daughter son . or they are in rehab .. whatever.

CBS, ABC, NBC news is now a Dr. Phil show.  It's incredible also how they play the exact same footage (reruns) the next day or even days later.
I record the news like almost everything I watch. Sometimes I have to check the date because I feels like I've already seen what they are showed the say before. It feels like that because it's true LOL.

The replay an entire news story because they have one tiny amount of news information. Blink
(10-07-2019, 12:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Tell me if I'm wrong but in the past when a plane went down did they focus on and interview the mother and fathers of the victims?
 Why do I need to see and hear all that touchy feelly sappy crap? Why do I need to see how sad people are who lost a loved one?
When the news is about floods it's more about the people who lost their home. Sad sad sad but that's not news.. Is it?
The same with mass shootings? Why do I have to see all the survivors crying because they were shot up or because they lost their father daughter son . or they are in rehab .. whatever.

CBS, ABC, NBC news is now a Dr. Phil show.  It's incredible also how they play the exact same footage (reruns) the next day or even days later.
I record the news like almost everything I watch. Sometimes I have to check the date because I feels like I've already seen what they are showed the say before. It feels like that because it's true LOL.

The replay an entire news story because they have one tiny amount of news information. Blink

Go all streaming. No commercials. No news. How about when they run an ad at around 2pm saying something like, "Huge Tornado may be Approaching YOUR HOME NOW!, Tune in at 6PM for details"  Mad
(10-07-2019, 12:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Tell me if I'm wrong but in the past when a plane went down did they focus on and interview the mother and fathers of the victims?

PBS  has a really good news program.
(10-07-2019, 07:14 PM)GCG Wrote:

Go all streaming. No commercials. No news. How about when they run an ad at around 2pm saying something like, "Huge Tornado may be Approaching YOUR HOME NOW!, Tune in at 6PM for details"  Mad

Laughing
(10-07-2019, 08:02 PM)Juniper Wrote:

PBS  has a really good news program.
I'll check it out.
Not much to add here, I completely agree. Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping, they also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

Reminds me of I think channel 12, for years any time there was a "news" story on obesity, they reused the same footage of a fat man, without his head in the shot, in khaki's walking on a busy New York'esque street. It was dated footage, like circa 1990s, for all I know they are still using it.

Crap like that is just annoying and lazy.
(10-08-2019, 06:55 AM)GPnative Wrote: Not much to add here, I completely agree. Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping, they also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic  clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

Reminds me of I think channel 12, for years any time there was a "news" story on obesity, they reused the same footage of a fat man, without his head in the shot, in khaki's walking on a busy New York'esque street. It was dated footage, like circa 1990s, for all I know they are still using it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I regularly see vapers exhaling some pretty impressive clouds of vapor. I've wondered just how big are their lungs?? Blink Big Grin
(10-08-2019, 08:37 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 06:55 AM)GPnative Wrote: Not much to add here, I completely agree. Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping, they also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic  clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I regularly see vapers exhaling some pretty impressive clouds of vapor. I've wondered just how big are their lungs?? Blink Big Grin

And I suppose it depends on device being used, from my experience the people I see with those common little vape pens do not emit a cumulonimbus cloud of vape.

Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping,

I haven't head any news people say anything about certain death. And the vaping issue is real news.
I'm totally amazed at the average Joe on Facebook. On every single news article posted there are always a bunch of people who think it's all bullshit and that why are cigarettes not banned?
To me that's apples to oranges because when did smoking cigarettes kill or nearly kill young healthy people ?

And then there are the geniuses who decided this is all a fabricated story FROM the cigarettes companies who don't want to lose customers to vaping. Rolling Eyes

They also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic  clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

Yep , they do That and the fat man LOL
(10-08-2019, 10:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I haven't head any news people say anything about certain death. And the vaping issue is real news.
I'm totally amazed at the average Joe on Facebook. On every single news article posted there are always a bunch of people who think it's all bullshit and that why are cigarettes not banned?
To me that's apples to oranges because when did smoking cigarettes kill or nearly kill young healthy people ?

And then there are the geniuses who decided this is all a fabricated story FROM the cigarettes companies who don't want to lose customers to vaping. Rolling Eyes

They also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic  clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

It is being grossly sensationalized. And if you are buying questionable bootleg THC vape juice, that's on you. Shutting down the reputable flavored industry, like dumb ass Brown in Oregon did, is the dumbest thing she has done to date, it's almost like she thrives on killing business.

Edit to add: Vaping got going in earnest in early 2000's, This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it, is the old baby with the bathwater routine. Just want to add again for good measure, she is an idiot.
(10-08-2019, 10:57 AM)GPnative Wrote:

It is being grossly sensationalized. And if you are buying questionable bootleg THC vape juice, that's on you. Shutting down the reputable flavored industry, like dumb ass Brown in Oregon did, is the dumbest thing she has done to date, it's almost like she thrives on killing business.

Edit to add: Vaping got going in earnest in early 2000's, This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it, is the old baby with the bathwater routine. Just want to add again for good measure, she is an idiot.

This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it

Banning FLAVORED vaping products is not going after the industry as a whole. So you simply decided the issue is bootleg stuff? What exact field of expertise related to health did you study in college?

I think you are letting your hatred of Brown get the better of your judgment.
So if Brown is a dumb ass so are several other governors who banned FLAVORED vape juice

Montana, Michigan, even Trump........ 

Trump Administration Plans to Ban Flavored E-Cigarettes

As vaping-related illnesses spread, President Trump and top health officials met at the White House to discuss ways to keep the products away from teenagers.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said on Wednesday that it would ban the sale of most flavored e-cigarettes, at a time when hundreds of people have been sickened by mysterious lung illnesses and teenage vaping continues to rise.

Sitting in the Oval Office with the government’s top health officials, President Trump acknowledged that there was a vaping problem and said: “We can’t allow people to get sick. And we can’t have our kids be so affected.”

Sounds like someone who vapes and isn't going to have anyone tell them they can't... even if it kills them!  Blink Rolling Eyes

Those are those super sizedbattery ones. There are small devices like pens that emit less vapor than cigarette smoke.

States are doing it one by one ahead of the federal mandate that will forbid it.  On one hand, I understand the phiilosophy that to get the bottom of the problem and isolate the issue they have to examine all aspects of it, and till then all aspects must be shut down, but as has been said, this a new problem, an emergent problem.  So shutting down all vaping seems drastic.
(10-08-2019, 04:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Those are those super sizedbattery ones. There are small devices like pens that emit less vapor than cigarette smoke.

I didn't know. I'm not real up on vaping. I quit smoking after almost 45 years and several tries, so I'm not anxious to get familiar with anything related to smoking again. If you know what I mean.
(10-08-2019, 04:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:

States are doing it one by one ahead of the federal mandate that will forbid it.  On one hand, I understand the phiilosophy that to get the bottom of the problem and isolate the issue they have to examine all aspects of it, and till then all aspects must be shut down, but as has been said, this a new problem, an emergent problem.  So shutting down all vaping seems drastic.
 But they're not shutting down all vape ing they're shutting down the use of flavored vape juice
(10-08-2019, 05:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 04:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:

But they're not shutting down all vape ing they're shutting down the use of flavored vape juice
I'm not sure about Oregon.  There was a notice saying Brown wanted to emliminate all vaping products, even the hardware.
(10-08-2019, 03:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Sounds like someone who vapes and isn't going to have anyone tell them they can't... even if it kills them!  Blink Rolling Eyes

The resident assumer jumps in,, sorry, wrong again, as always.
(10-08-2019, 03:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it

Banning FLAVORED vaping products is not going after the industry as a whole. So you simply decided the issue is bootleg stuff? What exact field of expertise related to health did you study in college?

So if Brown is a dumb ass so are several other governors who banned FLAVORED vape juice

As vaping-related illnesses spread, President Trump and top health officials met at the White House to discuss ways to keep the products away from teenagers.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said on Wednesday that it would ban the sale of most flavored e-cigarettes, at a time when hundreds of people have been sickened by mysterious lung illnesses and teenage vaping continues to rise.

Sitting in the Oval Office with the government’s top health officials, President Trump acknowledged that there was a vaping problem and said: “We can’t allow people to get sick. And we can’t have our kids be so affected.”

Ffs, you tow the line like no one else. It is absolutely an attack on the industry.

yes, anyone, trump included, banning flavored vape juice, or those who support it, are dumb asses. Not exclusive to Brown. 

Its well reported thc related vape is suspect, even the CDC says info suggests THC is playing a role in the outbreak and furtherfucking more, teenagers vaping is a different topic altogether, but your handlers fed you the bait and you took it, as always. So now it has to be banned for the children, even though its already illegal for them to purchase. Thc related vape deaths, but flavored ecigs get the ban for the children. Totally absurd, but you are on board, not surprised.
(10-08-2019, 05:53 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 03:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ffs, you tow the line like no one else. It is absolutely an attack on the industry.

yes, anyone, trump included, banning flavored vape juice, or those who support it, are dumb asses. Not exclusive to Brown. 

Its well reported thc related vape is suspect, even the CDC says info suggests THC is playing a role in the outbreak and furtherfucking more, teenagers vaping is a different topic altogether, but your handlers fed you the bait and you took it, as always. So now it has to be banned for the children, even though its already illegal for them to purchase. Thc related vape deaths, but flavored ecigs get the ban for the children. Totally absurd, but you are on board, not surprised.

And yet kids get hold of alcohol and many die from alcohol poisoning or side effects or those affected by it.