The news is not news anymore.
(10-08-2019, 05:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 04:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:57 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 06:55 AM)GPnative Wrote: Not much to add here, I completely agree. Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping, they also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic  clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

Reminds me of I think channel 12, for years any time there was a "news" story on obesity, they reused the same footage of a fat man, without his head in the shot, in khaki's walking on a busy New York'esque street. It was dated footage, like circa 1990s, for all I know they are still using it.

Crap like that is just annoying and lazy.

Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping,

I haven't head any news people say anything about certain death. And the vaping issue is real news.
I'm totally amazed at the average Joe on Facebook. On every single news article posted there are always a bunch of people who think it's all bullshit and that why are cigarettes not banned?
To me that's apples to oranges because when did smoking cigarettes kill or nearly kill young healthy people ?

And then there are the geniuses who decided this is all a fabricated story FROM the cigarettes companies who don't want to lose customers to vaping. Rolling Eyes

They also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic  clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

Yep , they do That and the fat man LOL

It is being grossly sensationalized. And if you are buying questionable bootleg THC vape juice, that's on you. Shutting down the reputable flavored industry, like dumb ass Brown in Oregon did, is the dumbest thing she has done to date, it's almost like she thrives on killing business.

Edit to add: Vaping got going in earnest in early 2000's, This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it, is the old baby with the bathwater routine. Just want to add again for good measure, she is an idiot.

States are doing it one by one ahead of the federal mandate that will forbid it.  On one hand, I understand the phiilosophy that to get the bottom of the problem and isolate the issue they have to examine all aspects of it, and till then all aspects must be shut down, but as has been said, this a new problem, an emergent problem.  So shutting down all vaping seems drastic.
 But they're not shutting down all vape ing they're shutting down the use of flavored vape juice

Not arguing with you here. This is a question for the gallery... I hear a lot of talk about flavored vape juice but isn't all vape juice flavored in one way or another?
(10-08-2019, 07:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:32 AM)tvguy Wrote: Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping,

I haven't head any news people say anything about certain death. And the vaping issue is real news.
I'm totally amazed at the average Joe on Facebook. On every single news article posted there are always a bunch of people who think it's all bullshit and that why are cigarettes not banned?
To me that's apples to oranges because when did smoking cigarettes kill or nearly kill young healthy people ?

And then there are the geniuses who decided this is all a fabricated story FROM the cigarettes companies who don't want to lose customers to vaping. Rolling Eyes

They also reuse the same canned footage of obscenely up close shots of vapers exhaling, massive unrealistic  clouds of vapor, over and over and over.

It is being grossly sensationalized. And if you are buying questionable bootleg THC vape juice, that's on you. Shutting down the reputable flavored industry, like dumb ass Brown in Oregon did, is the dumbest thing she has done to date, it's almost like she thrives on killing business.

Edit to add: Vaping got going in earnest in early 2000's, This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it, is the old baby with the bathwater routine. Just want to add again for good measure, she is an idiot.

States are doing it one by one ahead of the federal mandate that will forbid it.  On one hand, I understand the phiilosophy that to get the bottom of the problem and isolate the issue they have to examine all aspects of it, and till then all aspects must be shut down, but as has been said, this a new problem, an emergent problem.  So shutting down all vaping seems drastic.
 But they're not shutting down all vape ing they're shutting down the use of flavored vape juice

Not arguing with you here. This is a question for the gallery... I hear a lot of talk about flavored vape juice but isn't all vape juice flavored in one way or another?

Probably.  You can buy flavorless vape liquid.
(10-08-2019, 06:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 05:53 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 03:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:32 AM)tvguy Wrote: Lately, with the evil, certain death practice of vaping,

This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it

Banning FLAVORED vaping products is not going after the industry as a whole. So you simply decided the issue is bootleg stuff? What exact field of expertise related to health did you study in college?

I think you are letting your hatred of Brown get the better of your judgment.
So if Brown is a dumb ass so are several other governors who banned FLAVORED vape juice

Montana, Michigan, even Trump........ 

Trump Administration Plans to Ban Flavored E-Cigarettes

As vaping-related illnesses spread, President Trump and top health officials met at the White House to discuss ways to keep the products away from teenagers.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said on Wednesday that it would ban the sale of most flavored e-cigarettes, at a time when hundreds of people have been sickened by mysterious lung illnesses and teenage vaping continues to rise.

Sitting in the Oval Office with the government’s top health officials, President Trump acknowledged that there was a vaping problem and said: “We can’t allow people to get sick. And we can’t have our kids be so affected.”

Ffs, you tow the line like no one else. It is absolutely an attack on the industry.

yes, anyone, trump included, banning flavored vape juice, or those who support it, are dumb asses. Not exclusive to Brown. 

Its well reported thc related vape is suspect, even the CDC says info suggests THC is playing a role in the outbreak and furtherfucking more, teenagers vaping is a different topic altogether, but your handlers fed you the bait and you took it, as always. So now it has to be banned for the children, even though its already illegal for them to purchase. Thc related vape deaths, but flavored ecigs get the ban for the children. Totally absurd, but you are on board, not surprised.

And yet kids get hold of alcohol and many die from alcohol poisoning or side effects or those affected by it.
But that is a known affect. It is a result from an alcohol overdose. It has zero to do with deaths that so far no one can say for sure what the real cause is.
Except for GPnative. He knows more than the governments top heath officials.
(10-08-2019, 07:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:57 AM)GPnative Wrote: It is being grossly sensationalized. And if you are buying questionable bootleg THC vape juice, that's on you. Shutting down the reputable flavored industry, like dumb ass Brown in Oregon did, is the dumbest thing she has done to date, it's almost like she thrives on killing business.

Probably.  You can buy flavorless vape liquid.
 I think when vaping first started it was simply the same as a cigarette , just nicotine. But Jull started the flavored e-cig craze that went virile especially among kids. Like GP says the lung infection is new but so is the rise in popularity of the flavored e-cigs .
I don't know for sure if the issue is the flavoring or if it's all because of bootleg e-cigs and neither does the Center of disease control and prevention. But GP knows Razz

I know it's just crazy of me but when something I want to know is above my pay grade I look to the experts to see what they think. You know like most people without an agenda do to understand global warming.

• The specific chemical exposure(s) causing lung injuries associated with e-cigarette use, or vaping, remains unknown at this time.
  • No single product or substance has been linked to all lung injury cases.
    • The outbreak is occurring in the context of a dynamic marketplace for e-cigarette, or vaping, products, which may have a mix of ingredients, complex packaging and supply chains, and include potentially illicit substances.
    • Users may not know what is in their e-cigarette or e-liquid solutions. Many of the products and substances can be modified by suppliers or users. They can be obtained from stores, online retailers, from informal sources (e.g. friends, family members), or “off the street.”
  • More information is needed to know whether one or more e-cigarette or vaping products, substances, or brands is responsible for the outbreak.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_inform...sease.html

What we know
  • As of October 1, 2019, 1,080* lung injury cases associated with using e-cigarette, or vaping, products have been reported to CDC from 48 states and 1 U.S. territory.
  • Eighteen deaths have been confirmed in 15 states.
  • All patients have reported a history of using e-cigarette, or vaping, products.
  • Most patients report a history of using THC-containing products. The latest national and regional findings suggest products containing THC play a role in the outbreak.
  • Approximately 70% of patients are male.
  • Approximately 80% of patients are under 35 years old.
    • 16% of patients are under 18 years old
    • 21% of patients are 18 to 20 years old
(10-09-2019, 10:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:57 AM)GPnative Wrote: It is being grossly sensationalized. And if you are buying questionable bootleg THC vape juice, that's on you. Shutting down the reputable flavored industry, like dumb ass Brown in Oregon did, is the dumbest thing she has done to date, it's almost like she thrives on killing business.

This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it

Banning FLAVORED vaping products is not going after the industry as a whole. So you simply decided the issue is bootleg stuff? What exact field of expertise related to health did you study in college?

So if Brown is a dumb ass so are several other governors who banned FLAVORED vape juice

As vaping-related illnesses spread, President Trump and top health officials met at the White House to discuss ways to keep the products away from teenagers.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said on Wednesday that it would ban the sale of most flavored e-cigarettes, at a time when hundreds of people have been sickened by mysterious lung illnesses and teenage vaping continues to rise.

Sitting in the Oval Office with the government’s top health officials, President Trump acknowledged that there was a vaping problem and said: “We can’t allow people to get sick. And we can’t have our kids be so affected.”

Ffs, you tow the line like no one else. It is absolutely an attack on the industry.

yes, anyone, trump included, banning flavored vape juice, or those who support it, are dumb asses. Not exclusive to Brown. 

Its well reported thc related vape is suspect, even the CDC says info suggests THC is playing a role in the outbreak and furtherfucking more, teenagers vaping is a different topic altogether, but your handlers fed you the bait and you took it, as always. So now it has to be banned for the children, even though its already illegal for them to purchase. Thc related vape deaths, but flavored ecigs get the ban for the children. Totally absurd, but you are on board, not surprised.

And yet kids get hold of alcohol and many die from alcohol poisoning or side effects or those affected by it.
But that is a known affect. It is a result from an alcohol overdose. It has zero to do with deaths that so far no one can say for sure what the real cause is.

Damn straight I do
(10-09-2019, 12:17 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 03:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:   This lung infection is new, so going after the industry as a whole instead of the small bootleg THC piece of it

Damn straight I do
Big Grin

Well I did say that in a previous post.
https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2019...DC1rCwCoJY

Still fighting it....I know lots of States are banning vaping.