Fort Worth cop shoots through window and kills innocent woma in her own home
Race baiter and POS Leonard Pitts is positive this shooting was racially motivated.
He said in today's MMT column referring to Aaron Dean the police officer who shot Jefferson ....
"we don’t need to see what Fort Worth police officer Aaron Dean saw to know what he saw. He saw something fearsome, a threat to life and limb. All this in the person of Atatiana Jefferson, a 28-year-old black woman, who was actually doing nothing more sinister than playing video games in her bedroom with her 8-year-old nephew."

Nothing more sinister?
What about the fact that Jefferson was pointing a gun at Dean?
I guess Dean didn't see the gun but only a BLACK women?
I think Pitt's must have posted his column BEFORE the facts came out.
But who needs to wait for the facts when he has a chance to accuse a cop of being racist.

I'm not defending the cop. The cop did not follow proper procedure but it looks to me like most people want to crucify him. He being called a murderer and that he executed the woman. And Pitts wants us to believe it was because the woman was black?

People have also said the cops should not have been in fear or had thought there was a burglary because the person who called the police didn't call 911.
REALLY? If I rolled up on a house that had the front door open at 2:30 am I sure as hell would wonder what was going on and be VERY cautious.

I read on article that said.. IF this cop is charged with murder who will ever want to be a cop?
When a doctors makes a mistake do they charge them with murder?
No idea. This is the first I've heard about it.
Personally, I don't think he "made a mistake". I saw the footage from his own cam. He was too fast on that trigger.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tex...e-n1065451
(10-16-2019, 08:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Personally, I don't think he "made a mistake". I saw the footage from his own cam. He was too fast on that trigger.

Yes I agree Scrapper.Too fast in that situation. Had he been in some alley and someone pointed a gun at him that would be different.
Most cops would have posted a cop in the back and them gone to the front door and announced their presence clearly and loudly. And told anyone in the home to come out with their hands raised. Often they lie and say they have a dog.
This is in situation where they think they may have caught a burglar in the act. Which IMO was a possibility they were thinking of.
(10-16-2019, 10:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 08:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Personally, I don't think he "made a mistake". I saw the footage from his own cam. He was too fast on that trigger.

Yes I agree Scrapper.Too fast in that situation. Had he been in some alley and someone pointed a gun at him that would be different.
Most cops would have posted a cop in the back and them gone to the front door and announced their presence clearly and loudly. And told anyone in the home to come out with their hands raised. Often they lie and say they have a dog.
This is in situation where they think they may have caught a burglar in the act. Which IMO was a possibility they were thinking of.

I wonder about police protocols.  There was a local situation recently where 2 cops discharged their tasers and 1 his firearm...it made me wonder; I'm not sure what I wondered specifically, but I kind of wondered about it.
(10-17-2019, 11:37 AM)Juniper Wrote:

I wonder about police protocols.  There was a local situation recently where 2 cops discharged their tasers and 1 his firearm...it made me wonder; I'm not sure what I wondered specifically, but I kind of wondered about it.
I think I read about the same incident. I think the victim was wielding and knife and he turned on the officers.
I don't remember if the tasers were used. Or if they were used and didn't work. But the truth is you simply can't use a taser for self defense because of that fact that they are often ineffective.
So I would think the proper protocol when faced with deadly force is to respond with deadly force.
(10-17-2019, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think I read about the same incident. I think the victim was wielding and knife and he turned on the officers.
I don't remember if the tasers were used. Or if they were used and didn't work. But the truth is you simply can't use a taser for self defense because of that fact that they are often ineffective.
So I would think the proper protocol when faced with deadly force is to respond with deadly force.

I thought the tasers did work.  It just made me wonder why two thought tasers and one thought gun.  It made me wonder a bit.
(10-17-2019, 06:00 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I thought the tasers did work.  It just made me wonder why two thought tasers and one thought gun.  It made me wonder a bit.
I don't know unless the guys with tasers knew they were backed up by a gun.

Data from some of the largest police departments in the nation reveals that officers rate their Tasers as effective as little as 55 percent of the time, or just a little better than a coin flip. When Tasers fail to subdue someone, the results can be life-threatening — for police, and especially for the public.