Corona virus
A lot of people like to claim the main stream media is biased. I think so to the left of course.
I remember seeing the Pope on national news for three days in a row they showed him wiping his nose and coughing.
WHY???

And then the last couple of days no matter what news you turned on you would see the same photos of people allegedly gathering in masses with no social distancing.

But look at the photos of people on the so called crowed beaches. The photographer quite a distance away used a long lens.
That means it distorts the photo and is not what you would see with your EYES.
It's the same technique they use to make a grizzly bear look like it's just a few feet behind a person who is running when it's actually a hundred yards behind them.
I think many of the people in a group under an umbrella were family's who live together so of course they are not 6 feet from each other.

And then what REALLY blew my mind was the kept showing some black guy in a limo throwing money and OF COURSE attracting a crowd. Rolling Eyes  IMO it looked obvious to me like the MSM was TRYING to prove that too many people are not practicing social distancing.
I actually believe that is true but IMO they way this was presented was dishonest.
I try not to watch news. I read and listen to news instead.
The constant need for something sensational to show has caused this corrupting of what’s important.
(05-26-2020, 11:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 05:27 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 05:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 04:22 PM)GPnative Wrote: But it is also hard to vote when you are dead, which us where some of those rule flouting jackasses are headed.
I don't think that's how it will be.

It was tongue in cheek
I think being anti pandemic measures will be the new rallying cry.
And IF the second wave is as bad as some experts think. THEN how are anti pandemic crows going to look?
They will claim the numbers are false and that this is all part of the brainwashing, fake crisis being created by the left to control us, the economy, the planet.  The longer this goes on, the more the Right begins to sound just like their fearless leader.
(05-27-2020, 05:25 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I try not to watch news. I read and listen to news instead.
The constant need for something sensational to show has caused this corrupting of what’s important.
Yep exactly. I still watch the news as it apparent from my post. But I record it so I can fast forward through a lot of it.
(05-27-2020, 07:51 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 11:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 05:27 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 05:17 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't think that's how it will be.

It was tongue in cheek
I think being anti pandemic measures will be the new rallying cry.
And IF the second wave is as bad as some experts think. THEN how are anti pandemic crows going to look?
They will claim the numbers are false and that this is all part of the brainwashing, fake crisis being created by the left to control us, the economy, the planet.  The longer this goes on, the more the Right begins to sound just like their fearless leader.
True but at the same time I think a lot  of people are seeing just how stupid that logic really is.

Like right now on KTVL FB news they said the death toll is 100K . Ans sure as hell the right wing loons started saying the same stupid lies.
That no one really knows how many were really killed by Covid. And people are still claiming the flu killed more people.
Anyway when I call them out and ask them to prove it, Or ask when the flu ever killed 100K in less than three months.

There are a lot more people liking my post or agreeing with me than not.. So there is hope for me that intelligent people will win out in the end.
Meanwhile, back in Corona news:

This week, the number of new cases shot up by over 50% in four states — Arizona, Florida, New Mexico and Oregon.

Florida and Arizona, however, have also recorded enormous improvements in testing over the past week.
Florida, for example, saw a 65% increase in cases, but also a 65% increase in the number of tests performed — so that spike in confirmed cases is probably a reflection of more accurate data, rather than an outbreak that got 65% worse.
New Mexico and Oregon both saw increased caseloads that outpace their improvements in testing, suggesting that their outbreaks are in fact getting worse.
(06-11-2020, 03:22 PM)GPnative Wrote: Meanwhile, back in Corona news:

This week, the number of new cases shot up by over 50% in four states — Arizona, Florida, New Mexico and Oregon.

Florida and Arizona, however, have also recorded enormous improvements in testing over the past week.
    Florida, for example, saw a 65% increase in cases, but also a 65% increase in the number of tests performed — so that spike in confirmed cases is probably a reflection of more accurate data, rather than an outbreak that got 65% worse.
    New Mexico and Oregon both saw increased caseloads that outpace their improvements in testing, suggesting that their outbreaks are in fact getting worse.
Apparently what needs to be seen is what will 14 days after all the protests. It could be bad and especially since blacks do not fare as well as whites.
Gov Brown has put a hold on all applications for opening... at least 7 days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(06-11-2020, 08:50 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Gov Brown has put a hold on all applications for opening... at least 7 days.

I hadn't heard that yet, and I think it's a good call.
live press conf with gov.
A bonus for wearing a mask in public...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/28/21344...nist-study

"Face masks are breaking facial recognition algorithms, says new government study"

it just satisfies the subversive in me.   Razz
(07-28-2020, 08:35 AM)Cuzz Wrote: A bonus for wearing a mask in public...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/28/21344...nist-study

"Face masks are breaking facial recognition algorithms, says new government study"

it just satisfies the subversive in me.   Razz
Laughing Laughing
[Image: 333f1776c08e8663f9a7d1df282c37f4.jpg]

Funny how 3 years changed so much.
Seems like only yesterday.
(08-24-2023, 01:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Seems like only yesterday.

Weird, right?  It seemed to go on forever when we were in it, like it would never end.  What a weird, weird time.
My son-in-law and my daughter tested positive last night... and today my grandson. The grandson spent 2 days at school before they even knew anyone was sick. That's kinda how this gets going again.  Twitch
"It's like déjà vu all over again."    (Yogi Berra)
Lovely. Here we go.