Corona virus
(02-12-2020, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 10:30 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 08:26 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 07:50 AM)GPnative Wrote: Sure glad the WHO is doing such fantastic work on this outbreak, I mean, they named it, it took some of their greatest minds to come up with a generic, non offensive, country and animal neutral name. Good work WHO, by all means a vacation is due after all that hard work to protect the citizens of Earth.

?????

Having a rough day?

Nope, just pointing out the absurd waste of time and $$ the WHO is.
Why do you have that negative opinion of the WHO? I've noticed it's common for right wingers? AM radio shows?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner, folks!
(02-12-2020, 07:50 AM)GPnative Wrote: Sure glad the WHO is doing such fantastic work on this outbreak, I mean, they named it, it took some of their greatest minds to come up with a generic, non offensive, country and animal neutral name. Good work WHO, by all means a vacation is due after all that hard work to protect the citizens of Earth.

?????

Having a rough day?

Why do you have that negative opinion of the WHO? I've noticed it's common for right wingers? AM radio shows?
Probably just a sour kangaroo ,
[Image: AJ4YKVNXAYVVXHR7ZSJQF75VFU.jpg]

?????

Having a rough day?

I have a negative opinion of most money gobbling bureaucracies. The WHO specifically is putting dollars ahead of health and is kissing Chinas ass. Their response to this outbreak is shameful. I dont expect you government toadies to comprehend that.
(02-12-2020, 10:29 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 09:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Nothing’s funnier than anti government types getting pissed off because of government funded services not saving their lives.

You are such a colossal idiot.

tell me what I said that was wrong?
You hate government until it comes to saving your own rear end. 

I served, I get free healthcare from VA.
Why don’t you shit bullets on all of us. At least you’d be happy. As much as is possible for a total dick.

Because you didn't share a link to what WHO did today, with their bizarre explanation, most people here don't even know why you said what you said.  I do, and you are right to point out the absurdity.

Therefore I will abstain from sharing a link that would explain it to them as well.
(02-12-2020, 07:24 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 09:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Nothing’s funnier than anti government types getting pissed off because of government funded services not saving their lives.

Why don’t you shit bullets on all of us. At least you’d be happy. As much as is possible for a total dick.
WHO is United Nation organization, not really a 'government funded service".
(02-12-2020, 07:52 PM)chuck white Wrote:

WHO is United Nation organization, not really a 'government funded service".

Hey, dont get all crazy sharing facts with the old hate mongering fool.

Happy shit bullets  Laughing  cuckoo cuckoo
a miserable old doddering fool calling me a dick is a badge of honor, thank you.
(02-12-2020, 07:26 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Because you didn't share a link to what WHO did today, with their bizarre explanation, most people here don't even know why you said what you said.  I do, and you are right to point out the absurdity.

Therefore I will abstain from sharing a link that would explain it to them as well.

I thought i did include a link, i think it was to the wall street journal. Posting from a tablet tonight so i must of goofed it up, oh well, i dont care enough to try again. It is funny that even mainstream sources are giving the WHO flak over how they are handling this outbreak, and yet of course, not here at RVF, nope, its just those damn right wingers starting shit again.
Quote:Total confirmed cases: More than 60,300

Total deaths: At least 1,369
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/13/coronavi...dates.html
(02-13-2020, 07:06 AM)chuck white Wrote:

It's ok, The virus cannot survive once it crosses onto American soil. Nothing to worry about here.
(02-13-2020, 07:55 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 07:06 AM)chuck white Wrote:

It's ok, The virus cannot survive once it crosses onto American soil. Nothing to worry about here.
Can't over the wall.
(02-12-2020, 07:23 PM)GPnative Wrote:

?????

Having a rough day?

I have a negative opinion of most money gobbling bureaucracies. The WHO specifically is putting dollars ahead of health and is kissing Chinas ass. Their response to this outbreak is shameful. I dont expect you government toadies to comprehend that.
No I can't comprehend what you haven't explained.
(02-13-2020, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 08:26 AM)Cuzz Wrote: ?????

Having a rough day?

Or, you can look up the press release the WHO put out, of which GP is commenting on, for yourself.
(02-13-2020, 02:33 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 10:30 AM)GPnative Wrote: Nope, just pointing out the absurd waste of time and $$ the WHO is.

Or, you can look up the press release the WHO put out, of which GP is commenting on, for yourself.

WHO has put out several press releases in the last few days. It might help if you just fessed up to whatever your all worked up about instead of making everyone guess.
(02-13-2020, 04:24 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why do you have that negative opinion of the WHO? I've noticed it's common for right wingers? AM radio shows?

WHO has put out several press releases in the last few days. It might help if you just fessed up to whatever your all worked up about instead of making everyone guess.
Right?!?! Sheesh.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(02-12-2020, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why do you have that negative opinion of the WHO? I've noticed it's common for right wingers? AM radio shows?

Smiling  Always looking for the free handout....
(02-14-2020, 06:31 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 07:23 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have a negative opinion of most money gobbling bureaucracies. The WHO specifically is putting dollars ahead of health and is kissing Chinas ass. Their response to this outbreak is shameful. I dont expect you government toadies to comprehend that.

Smiling  Always looking for the free handout....

Trying to show some interest in your concerns. In your case I'll admit I'm just going through the motions because you seem to view everything through bright red conservative lenses. But in GP I have a little more respect.
I’m still baffled at what they’re pissed about.

For all of you to lazy to type words into your search bar....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/world...china.html

Quote:The director general of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, noted that the new name makes no reference to any of the people, places or animals associated with the coronavirus. The goal was to avoid stigma.

Under international guidelines, the W.H.O. “had to find a name that did not refer to a geographical location, an animal, an individual or group of people, and which is also pronounceable and related to the disease,”

I think GP was commenting on the absurdity of the PC language in the article.

Clear enough?