Corona virus
(03-14-2020, 12:35 PM)chuck white Wrote: I think Trump has it.

If he does, and its very possible, i cant wait to see how they fake he doesnt.
I went to bi mart today, just needed oil change stuff for my car, it was black friday level busy, and the masses stocking up is real. If you waited until this weekend to stock your pantry,, you done fucked up.
(03-14-2020, 01:42 PM)GPnative Wrote: I went to bi mart today, just needed oil change stuff for my car, it was black friday level busy, and the masses stocking up is real. If you waited until this weekend to stock your pantry,, you done fucked up.
 And yet all those who did stock up are "idiots panicking" Blink  I have not stocked up on anything except dog food and TP which is about a months supply. That's the same amount we always buy.

Bi mart is not a place to "stock your pantry" is it?  I would just like someone on the local news to go to all the local stores and show exactly what is in short supply or totally missing.
(03-07-2020, 02:20 PM)chuck white Wrote: It's been discovered that the virus can live on currency.
Don't panic, just carefully remove all the bills from your wallet and put them in a plastic baggie.
Then Wash your hands!

Take the baggie with dangerously infected bills, send them to me and I will see that they are properly disposed of.
DO not throw them away, they are a bio hazard, only I am equipt to deal with them.

Geek

I can't say this enough.
(03-14-2020, 01:42 PM)GPnative Wrote: I went to bi mart today, just needed oil change stuff for my car, it was black friday level busy, and the masses stocking up is real. If you waited until this weekend to stock your pantry,, you done fucked up.

What does one buy for a pandemic?

Did they have any  oxygen bottles?

Shelves must have look like a normal day in a Russian grocery stores.

Any word if people are buying up the money at the banks?
Alcohol and herb.
(03-14-2020, 03:12 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Food rows, pasta, etc almost all gone, beverage row had taken a serious hit, people with full carts of stuff, from pudding to pasta.
(03-14-2020, 03:18 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Food rows, pasta, etc almost all gone, beverage row had taken a serious hit, people with full carts of stuff, from pudding to pasta.

Not to worry, I still have all that food I bought for Y2K. Laughing
(03-14-2020, 02:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
 And yet all those who did stock up are "idiots panicking" Blink  I have not stocked up on anything except dog food and TP which is about a months supply. That's the same amount we always buy.

Bi mart is not a place to "stock your pantry" is it?  I would just like someone on the local news to go to all the local stores and show exactly what is in short supply or totally missing.

See post above, they have foods, cleaners, etc. Is it costco, no, but they have a variety of goods that people need, toiletries and such. I shop at bimart all the time, this was not a normal day there.
To be clear, im not saying it was a run on the store, but the dynamic was there.
(03-14-2020, 03:21 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I probably have a batch of MREs somewhere in the garage from that. Maybe i should sell them now as vintage prep!  Big Grin
I can always catch some bats and eat those.
I'm in GP right now. Helping my parents. My day consisted of hitting every store I could think of in search of Antibacterial hand soap, antibacterial wipes, antibacterial spray, tissues and toilet paper. I went to the Walmarts, Freddie's, Safeway, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Big Lots, Grocery Outlet, Home Depot, AM/PM Mini Mart, 7-11... the only thing I found was the last 3 bottles of antibacterial hand soap at Walgreens and a 3 pk of Puffs tissues at Rite Aid. On the way back to my parent's house I stopped at the little corner market down the road... they had 2 4-pks of really tiny rolls of TP. SHEESH! I bought them though. $8.10! RIP OFF! But, whatcha gonna do?!?! My parents gotta wipe!

This is how small the rolls are... a regular size roll of TP is sitting on top.

[Image: 21588595855505e6dc45dbe097312da8.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(03-14-2020, 03:28 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 03:21 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I probably have a batch of MREs somewhere in the garage from that. Maybe i should sell them now as vintage prep!  Big Grin
I have 11 LOL. I had a case but one drunk night I decided to check one out. MRE's are sure as hell a lot better than the crap they used to have.
(03-14-2020, 03:10 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 02:20 PM)chuck white Wrote: It's been discovered that the virus can live on currency.
Don't panic, just carefully remove all the bills from your wallet and put them in a plastic baggie.
Then Wash your hands!

Take the baggie with dangerously infected bills, send them to me and I will see that they are properly disposed of.
DO not throw them away, they are a bio hazard, only I am equipt to deal with them.

Geek

I can't say this enough.

Not to worry. I just spent all mine. Now they're someone else's problem.
(03-14-2020, 04:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I'm in GP right now. Helping my parents. My day consisted of hitting every store I could think of in search of Antibacterial hand soap, antibacterial wipes, antibacterial spray, tissues and toilet paper. I went to the Walmarts, Freddie's, Safeway, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Big Lots, Grocery Outlet, Home Depot, AM/PM Mini Mart, 7-11... the only thing I found was the last 3 bottles of antibacterial hand soap at Walgreens and a 3 pk of Puffs tissues at Rite Aid. On the way back to my parent's house I stopped at the little corner market down the road... they had 2 4-pks of really tiny rolls of TP. SHEESH! I bought them though. $8.10! RIP OFF! But, whatcha gonna do?!?! My parents gotta wipe!

To be honest, im surprised you managed to find what you did. You could try dollar general in merlin, rogue river, etc, they may not have got the full force of the hordes......yet.
Maybe people will learn to use one square at a time.
(03-14-2020, 05:37 PM)chuck white Wrote: Maybe people will learn to use one square at a time.
Well that encouraged me, not to shake hands.
(03-14-2020, 04:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I'm in GP right now. Helping my parents. My day consisted of hitting every store I could think of in search of Antibacterial hand soap, antibacterial wipes, antibacterial spray, tissues and toilet paper. I went to the Walmarts, Freddie's, Safeway, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Big Lots, Grocery Outlet, Home Depot, AM/PM Mini Mart, 7-11... the only thing I found was the last 3 bottles of antibacterial hand soap at Walgreens and a 3 pk of Puffs tissues at Rite Aid. On the way back to my parent's house I stopped at the little corner market down the road... they had 2 4-pks of really tiny rolls of TP. SHEESH! I bought them though. $8.10! RIP OFF! But, whatcha gonna do?!?! My parents gotta wipe!

[Image: 176378364809694p__2?%24140%24&wid=140&hei=140]
Aim to Wash! Platinum Series Bidet Attachment with Toilet Night Light in White

$96.99

Never buy toilet paper again.