Corona virus
[Image: NGoBjLF.jpg]
some free advice...

..if you wanted to do something particularly vile but didn't want to make the evening news, today was your best chance as long as it didn't have anything to do with COVID 19.
(03-16-2020, 06:14 PM)Cuzz Wrote: some free advice...

..if you wanted to do something particularly vile but didn't want to make the evening news, today was your best chance as long as it didn't have anything to do with COVID 19.

Quote:Pardon me.   Ninja

-----Michael Flynn.----
So the reason this is taking Trump a long time to get a handle on this is, he's still working out deals to profit off of this. Mostly economic stimulus , probably trying to work an angle with the testing labs.

Nah, I give him to much credit, more likely he's incompetent.
(03-14-2020, 05:58 PM)GCG Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 05:37 PM)chuck white Wrote: Maybe people will learn to use one square at a time.

Remember, Every Square is precious.

[Image: MA_1009_AFGHAN.jpg?itok=LL-z-DGA]
Quote:The Josephine County Sheriff's Office has announced that its substations in Cave Junction and Merlin will be closed for six weeks starting on Tuesday. Sheriff Dave Daniel said the two substations will shut down tomorrow and stay closed until May 4th in preparation for the potential of a COVID-19 outbreak in Josephine County.
http://www.kldr.com/news/news.php

What did they mean by 'potential'?

We need to shut down Oregon's north border now.
Close the bridges.
(03-16-2020, 10:08 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:The Josephine County Sheriff's Office has announced that its substations in Cave Junction and Merlin will be closed for six weeks starting on Tuesday. Sheriff Dave Daniel said the two substations will shut down tomorrow and stay closed until May 4th in preparation for the potential of a COVID-19 outbreak in Josephine County.
http://www.kldr.com/news/news.php

What did they mean by 'potential'?

We need to shut down Oregon's north border now.
Close the bridges.

Amen to that
I found some discounted Toilet Paper, Only used once.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history...deadliest/
[Image: History-of-Pandemics-Deadliest-2.jpg]
(03-17-2020, 10:34 AM)tornado Wrote: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history...deadliest/
[Image: History-of-Pandemics-Deadliest-2.jpg]
I hope to hell that's not supposed to minimize covid19. There are a LOT of people comparing the common flu  death rate THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED to Covid19 that HAS NOT YET HAPPENED. Rolling Eyes

And this logic comes mostly from the right wingers.  I tried to explains that with a little math. One person said the flu killed 80.000 people in the USA in one year. So I did a little math.
I tried to explain that's out of 320 million Americans. And in Italy with 60 million people if the death rate stays the SAME their death rate would be 120,000 in a year.

The response is that Italy has more elderly and Italians are dirty and their health care system is bad.
Yes there is some truth to that but I don't buy the logic that we are just going to all be fine because we are so damn superior.
Also Italians live longer than Americans.
The good thing is that tRump supporters are the most likely to die; a self fulfilling Fox News fantasy.
(03-17-2020, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: I hope to hell that's not supposed to minimize covid19. There are a LOT of people comparing the common flu  death rate THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED to Covid19 that HAS NOT YET HAPPENED. Rolling Eyes

And this logic comes mostly from the right wingers
.  I tried to explains that with a little math. One person said the flu killed 80.000 people in the USA in one year. So I did a little math.
I tried to explain that's out of 320 million Americans. And in Italy with 60 million people if the death rate stays the SAME their death rate would be 120,000 in a year.

The response is that Italy has more elderly and Italians are dirty and their health care system is bad.
Yes there is some truth to that but I don't buy the logic that we are just going to all be fine because we are so damn superior.
Also Italians live longer than Americans.

I think you used to be against blanket statements.  Oh well, times change.

I have interrupted every single person who has tried to use the flu numbers to compare to this, for exactly the reason you mention.  That comparison can only come when it's over, and the final numbers are in.  Until that happens, it is a stupid argument to make.

I hope we can also agree that we hope they are right.  I hope this was an over reaction to a minor virus.  I hope the death numbers are low, and can't even be compared to the flu.  I hope for the least loss of life possible.

I see some here hope it targets their perceived political enemies, and kills them, and that is a sick view of life.
I have been saying the same to a lot of folks, comparing annual flu numbers to a 2 month data set does not an argument make, lets compare one year from today.
(03-17-2020, 03:51 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have been saying the same to a lot of folks, comparing annual flu numbers to a 2 month data set does not an argument make, lets compare one year from today.
nothing like 20-20 hindsight
Schools closed until end of april now. I predict they dont go back until fall.
(03-17-2020, 05:20 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 03:51 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have been saying the same to a lot of folks, comparing annual flu numbers to a 2 month data set does not an argument make, lets compare one year from today.
nothing like 20-20 hindsight
For sure and for certain. If Trump had gone to great lengths to shut this down, and then the virus died off very quickly, would his political opponents be giving him kudos? No fkin chance! They would be excoriating him for over-reacting and hurting the economy. And the same would be true if it was Obama. And anyone that wants to make this political is simple-minded. I don't care what side your on. Monday morning quarterbacking is for bitches and fools.
What is interesting is that the recovered verse death ratio, we are about to break even. There was a few hours when I actually saw recovered higher then death, but then the death numbers jumped.

now at 112 Death and 106 Recovered. this was the same ratio with half the numbers a few days ago..

And 6,488 cases
(03-17-2020, 05:53 PM)GPnative Wrote: Schools closed until end of april now. I predict they dont go back until fall.
I feel for the seniors that are supposed to be graduating in June.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(03-17-2020, 08:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 05:53 PM)GPnative Wrote: Schools closed until end of april now. I predict they dont go back until fall.
I feel for the seniors that are supposed to be graduating in June.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I feel for the seniors too, I heard they were in the high risk group.