Corona virus
Quote:Lane County officials announced Tuesday night that a woman in the county who died Saturday is now believed to have died from COVID-19.

The case marks the second Oregon fatality suspected to have been caused by the virus. Lane County officials said the woman, 60, was brought into PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend in Springfield on Saturday as she was having a heart attack. After she died the same day,
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2...s-say.html
White House announce a new covid-19 testing plan.
Anyone can submit a sample, by mailing their best sample, (we only want the best samples).
to:
Donald Trump
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

Be sure to include a card that says
"TEST THIS"
(03-17-2020, 11:30 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Lane County officials announced Tuesday night that a woman in the county who died Saturday is now believed to have died from COVID-19.

The case marks the second Oregon fatality suspected to have been caused by the virus. Lane County officials said the woman, 60, was brought into PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend in Springfield on Saturday as she was having a heart attack. After she died the same day,
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2...s-say.html

County officials called the positive test "concerning" 

No shit Sherlock
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/artic...ronavirus/

C. S. Lewis on the Coronavirus
March 12, 2020 | Matt Smethurst

It’s now clear that COVID-19 is a deadly serious global pandemic, and all necessary precautions should be taken. Still, C. S. Lewis’s words—written 72 years ago—ring with some relevance for us. Just replace “atomic bomb” with “coronavirus.”

In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we to live in an atomic age?” I am tempted to reply: “Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.”

In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.

— “On Living in an Atomic Age” (1948) in Present Concerns: Journalistic Essays
Coronavirus Pandemic, day 16.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are super sanitized and my butt is super clean. Down to 1599 rounds of ammo (dropped 1 round down the heat vent while doing daily inventory). Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction but I have my dog...for now.. (I'm soaking her food in BBQ sauce in an attempt to marinate her from the inside in case I have to eat her). I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Neighbors have attempted to leap from windows to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are just badly bruised). Blew through most Netflix series so may have to rewatch some again..Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, communicate with me to help preserve my sanity..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Image: b5d4c2fba5ef5b7f9425c619049d11ac.jpg]

[Image: b2dfbd4853157790b600bb67b4408440.jpg]

Hello??? Somebody say something??..

Sorry I thought I heard a noise. Nevermind.

Wink
(03-18-2020, 09:52 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: [Image: b5d4c2fba5ef5b7f9425c619049d11ac.jpg]

Why not give as much time for covid as you have for H1N1.
talk to me in 7 months.
(03-17-2020, 03:03 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: I hope to hell that's not supposed to minimize covid19. There are a LOT of people comparing the common flu  death rate THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED to Covid19 that HAS NOT YET HAPPENED. Rolling Eyes

And this logic comes mostly from the right wingers
.  I tried to explains that with a little math. One person said the flu killed 80.000 people in the USA in one year. So I did a little math.
I tried to explain that's out of 320 million Americans. And in Italy with 60 million people if the death rate stays the SAME their death rate would be 120,000 in a year.

The response is that Italy has more elderly and Italians are dirty and their health care system is bad.
Yes there is some truth to that but I don't buy the logic that we are just going to all be fine because we are so damn superior.
Also Italians live longer than Americans.

I think you used to be against blanket statements.  Oh well, times change.

I have interrupted every single person who has tried to use the flu numbers to compare to this, for exactly the reason you mention.  That comparison can only come when it's over, and the final numbers are in.  Until that happens, it is a stupid argument to make.

I hope we can also agree that we hope they are right.  I hope this was an over reaction to a minor virus.  I hope the death numbers are low, and can't even be compared to the flu.  I hope for the least loss of life possible.

I see some here hope it targets their perceived political enemies, and kills them, and that is a sick view of life.
I said.....And this logic comes mostly from the right wingers.

That is not a blanket statement. Maybe you don't do FB but if you did and you went to right wing dominated FB groups I guarantee you will see more "it's just the flu" comments.  

I hope this was an over reaction to a minor virus.

How can you possibly think it is in any way a minor virus when you look at Italy?

(03-18-2020, 12:02 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Hello??? Somebody say something??..

Sorry I thought I heard a noise. Nevermind.

Wink
He is just proving my point that the most ignorance is from the right. Wink
(03-18-2020, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: I hope to hell that's not supposed to minimize covid19. There are a LOT of people comparing the common flu  death rate THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED to Covid19 that HAS NOT YET HAPPENED. Rolling Eyes

.  I tried to explains that with a little math. One person said the flu killed 80.000 people in the USA in one year. So I did a little math.
I tried to explain that's out of 320 million Americans. And in Italy with 60 million people if the death rate stays the SAME their death rate would be 120,000 in a year.

The response is that Italy has more elderly and Italians are dirty and their health care system is bad.
Yes there is some truth to that but I don't buy the logic that we are just going to all be fine because we are so damn superior.

I have interrupted every single person who has tried to use the flu numbers to compare to this, for exactly the reason you mention.  That comparison can only come when it's over, and the final numbers are in.  Until that happens, it is a stupid argument to make.

I hope we can also agree that we hope they are right.  I hope this was an over reaction to a minor virus.  I hope the death numbers are low, and can't even be compared to the flu.  I hope for the least loss of life possible.

I see some here hope it targets their perceived political enemies, and kills them, and that is a sick view of life.

That is not a blanket statement. Maybe you don't do FB but if you did and you went to right wing dominated FB groups I guarantee you will see more "it's just the flu" comments.  

How can you possibly think it is in any way a minor virus when you look at Italy?

You're right.  My hoping for us to look back at all the closures and restrictions here in the US to be an over reaction must be just because I'm some radical right wing reactionary. The fact that that part of my statement is connected to the hoping for a minimal loss of life as well should also be questioned.

I stand corrected.
No one has any hope for you.
(03-18-2020, 01:23 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You're right.  My hoping for us to look back at all the closures and restrictions here in the US to be an over reaction must be just because I'm some radical right wing reactionary. The fact that that part of my statement is connected to the hoping for a minimal loss of life as well should also be questioned.

I stand corrected.
It's like to you took the very words I quoted from you and rearranged them to fit YOUR needs.

You said......I hope this was an over reaction to a minor virus.

End of story, Those were indeed your words. This is absolutely not a minor virus in any way shape or form.
As far as an over reaction to this virus. If the virus subsides with a minimum loss of life How will we ever know it was?
How will we ever know our REACTIONS were not why there was a minimum loss of life?

We are definitely taking the proper steps IMO.
(03-18-2020, 09:47 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: Coronavirus Pandemic, day 16.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are super sanitized and my butt is super clean. Down to 1599 rounds of ammo (dropped 1 round down the heat vent while doing daily inventory). Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction but I have my dog...for now.. (I'm soaking her food in BBQ sauce in an attempt to marinate her from the inside in case I have to eat her). I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Neighbors have attempted to leap from windows to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are just badly bruised). Blew through most Netflix series so may have to rewatch some again..Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, communicate with me to help preserve my sanity..

Call it what it is...
#TrumpPlague

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(03-18-2020, 09:54 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: [Image: b2dfbd4853157790b600bb67b4408440.jpg]

Trump Plague

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The reason we don't want to name plagues after where they first surface, is so people won't hide any plagues that show up.

It's in all our best interest. Remember, we are all in it together.
OK, this is a bit annoying. So, I went to Winco last night to buy some food for the evening. I like the wild rice, but that was all gone. OK so people got a little greedy with the wild rice.
No problem I have a ton of plain old white rice at home.
Then I went over to buy some chicken legs. The whole section where the chick is was empty. Really guys, did you have to take all the fucking chicken. How big of a freezer do you have?

I just hope we have a 5 day power outage and all their food goes bad.
Quote:A group of coronavirus patients have died within hours after showing no symptoms, according to reports.
Life Care Center of Kirkland in Washington, US, has recorded 15 deaths.
But it has been reported that residents went from having "no symptoms to death in just a matter of a few hours".
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-...s-21674137