Corona virus
(04-18-2020, 01:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: These brave folks defied the stay at home order by protesting.....in their cars! Big Grin   So, they want the shut down lifted and the quarantine ended, but stay in their cars to say so.  Big Grin 

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Protes...qf7YGl7Rcs
Maybe they just don't want to get fined?
(04-18-2020, 02:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 01:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: These brave folks defied the stay at home order by protesting.....in their cars! Big Grin   So, they want the shut down lifted and the quarantine ended, but stay in their cars to say so.  Big Grin 

Yeah, that could be it...maybe?  I wonder about the quarantine/stay home order. How long are people going to be willing to adhere to it. Because people can't....whether it's in their best interest or not, people can't survive for months without going back to work.  The economy just can't come to a standstill and people still survive.  So, I'm watching this with interest.  I've seen good attitudes from people who comment on social media...not too much complaining or saying they are suffering unduly...yet.  But how much longer can it carry on without issue?  What will people live on?  Those stimulus checks won't make a house payment.   I didn't receive one, so I am stimulus free and on my own for the moment.  But people can't just carry on without jobs.  I'm curious what the western pac plan is?
(04-18-2020, 03:58 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Yeah, that could be it...maybe?  I wonder about the quarantine/stay home order. How long are people going to be willing to adhere to it. Because people can't....whether it's in their best interest or not, people can't survive for months without going back to work.  The economy just can't come to a standstill and people still survive.  So, I'm watching this with interest.  I've seen good attitudes from people who comment on social media...not too much complaining or saying they are suffering unduly...yet.  But how much longer can it carry on without issue?  What will people live on?  Those stimulus checks won't make a house payment.   I didn't receive one, so I am stimulus free and on my own for the moment.  But people can't just carry on without jobs.  I'm curious what the western pac plan is?

Looks to me like people are already moving on, stores are packed, growers market was packed, zero effort at social distancing, roads are packed. I had to run out to the applegate valley today, you'd never know a stay at home order is in place, amount of traffic, hidden valley market, not a parking spot available, fields home improvement, packed. Murphy store, line if cars getting gas, At this point i say open it the fuck up, no one is listening anyway, so its putting more people in those places that are open and with the limited hours that most stores have scaled back on, more people cramming in their shopping in less time. With the amount of shoppers out, what difference does it make if they are shopping for food or pants? If they can go to dept stores like Ross, than less people in the grocery store for those of us trying to be smart.
(04-18-2020, 04:16 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Looks to me like people are already moving on, stores are packed, growers market was packed, zero effort at social distancing, roads are packed. I had to run out to the applegate valley today, you'd never know a stay at home order is in place, amount of traffic, hidden valley market, not a parking spot available, fields home improvement, packed. Murphy store, line if cars getting gas, At this point i say open it the fuck up, no one is listening anyway, so its putting more people in those places that are open and with the limited hours that most stores have scaled back on, more people cramming in their shopping in less time. With the amount of shoppers out, what difference does it make if they are shopping for food or pants? If they can go to dept stores like Ross, than less people in the grocery store for those of us trying to be smart.
Agreed. It makes no difference if they ARE shopping for food or pants, they are all congregating none the less. I don't think people are going to put up with Stay at home much longer. That's just my feeling.

People are not moving on if they can't work at their job. Sad

more people cramming in their shopping in less time.

How can that be true or why would it be? A lot of people don't enter the stores at all now.

At this point i say open it the fuck up, no one is listening anyway,

No one seriously? I sure and the hell am. I don't take any chances whatsoever. Not because of me. I could survive and I'm 68. But  there's no way my wife would. I'm OK with opening a lot of things up I don't know about everything.
You don't do FB if you did you would see that tons of people take this very seriously and don't at all act if everything was normal.

I went to buy beer the other day. An "essential of course" I go to a small carry out store. There were three people inside so I waited until they were gone. I made sure I had the exact amount of money. Then as soon as I came out
I opened the door washed my hands with alcohol stuff and then I used the alcohol damp napkin to clean the door handle and the handle on the beer packages Laughing Laughing
(04-18-2020, 05:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

How can that be true or why would it be? A lot of people don't enter the stores at all now.

No one seriously? I sure and the hell am. I don't take any chances whatsoever. Not because of me. I could survive and I'm 68. But  there's no way my wife would. I'm OK with opening a lot of things up I don't know about everything.
You don't do FB if you did you would see that tons of people take this very seriously and don't at all act if everything was normal.

I went to buy beer the other day. An "essential of course" I go to a small carry out store. There were three people inside so I waited until they were gone. I made sure I had the exact amount of money. Then as soon as I came out
I opened the door washed my hands with alcohol stuff and then I used the alcohol damp napkin to clean the door handle and the handle on the beer packages Laughing Laughing

Was the beer Corona extra? , I hear they are having a sale on that.
Haven't you heard?? We need to forgetaboutit! Liberate! There's nothing to worry about. Trump says so. He also made sure, when telling Michigan, et al to liberate, to also remember their second amendment rights. What is scarier? Trump or the people who support and listen to him. Florida's out. Florida currently has 24,066 confirmed coronavirus cases and 726 deaths ... and counting. Well, we can be the great experiment I guess. The entire world can watch. We won't be the first. I think Sweden has taken the stance of not locking down.
(04-18-2020, 05:46 PM)Juniper Wrote: Haven't you heard?? We need to forgetaboutit!  Liberate! There's nothing to worry about.  Trump says so.  He also made sure, when telling Michigan, et al to liberate, to also remember their second amendment rights.  What is scarier? Trump or the people who support and listen to him.  Florida's out.  Florida currently has 24,066 confirmed coronavirus cases and 726 deaths ... and counting. Well, we can be the great experiment I guess.  The entire world can watch. We won't be the first. I think Sweden has taken the stance of not locking down.

"Florida's out". What does that mean?

Well it became obvious the far right wing uneducated idiots were the first to start talking about freedom and liberty and the constitution.
And trump plays to his base.

and Sweden?...... Sweden’s controversial decision to refuse coronavirus lockdown measures is taking its toll — with the number of deaths up to 17 times higher than its Nordic neighbors, according to reports.
Fatalities in the Scandinavian nation topped 1,300 on Thursday — far worse than Denmark, Norway and Finland, which all implemented containment measures, according to the latest figures from Johns Hopkins University.
By comparison, Denmark has reported 321 COVID-19 deaths, Norway has reported 150 deaths and Finland has reported just 75, the data shows.
As the pathogen spread, Denmark and Norway reacted quickly to close borders and shut schools, while Finland closed most schools and contained its main urban region.
Sweden, on the other hand, called for citizens to hold themselves accountable for social distancing instead of ordering lockdowns, Agence Frances-Press reported.
(04-18-2020, 06:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 05:46 PM)Juniper Wrote: Haven't you heard?? We need to forgetaboutit!  Liberate! There's nothing to worry about.  Trump says so.  He also made sure, when telling Michigan, et al to liberate, to also remember their second amendment rights.  What is scarier? Trump or the people who support and listen to him.  Florida's out.  Florida currently has 24,066 confirmed coronavirus cases and 726 deaths ... and counting. Well, we can be the great experiment I guess.  The entire world can watch. We won't be the first. I think Sweden has taken the stance of not locking down.

Well it became obvious the far right wing uneducated idiots were the first to start talking about freedom and liberty and the constitution.

and Sweden?...... Sweden’s controversial decision to refuse coronavirus lockdown measures is taking its toll — with the number of deaths up to 17 times higher than its Nordic neighbors, according to reports.
Fatalities in the Scandinavian nation topped 1,300 on Thursday — far worse than Denmark, Norway and Finland, which all implemented containment measures, according to the latest figures from Johns Hopkins University.
By comparison, Denmark has reported 321 COVID-19 deaths, Norway has reported 150 deaths and Finland has reported just 75, the data shows.
As the pathogen spread, Denmark and Norway reacted quickly to close borders and shut schools, while Finland closed most schools and contained its main urban region.
Sweden, on the other hand, called for citizens to hold themselves accountable for social distancing instead of ordering lockdowns, Agence Frances-Press reported.

I would say we are going to be the large scale Sweden then. Florida is hitting the beaches, it's going outdoors and socially mixing.  Their 'measures' won't make much difference because they disregard any there are.  That's fine.  But can we quarantine Florida then?

I opened the door washed my hands with alcohol stuff and then I used the alcohol damp napkin to clean the door handle and the handle on the beer packages
Laughing Laughing

That's actually just being smart! We take those extra steps for those we care about.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1251883228505542662

A special kind of blonde.
She should be a Trump 2020 ad all by herself!
So that's what trump meant about the heat in April making the virus disappear. I stand corrected.
Scary news, I talked with someone who works public health in Portland area. A tracker, locates people exposed to known positives. She can not offer them any testing. If they don't have good insurance, chance are they won't get tested. If they have insurance, they have to see a doctor first. Despite what Trump claims, there is no money from the Feds for testing.

Portland is far under counted.
(04-18-2020, 06:12 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I would say we are going to be the large scale Sweden then. Florida is hitting the beaches, it's going outdoors and socially mixing.  Their 'measures' won't make much difference because they disregard any there are.  That's fine.  But can we quarantine Florida then?

Florida is hitting the beaches
What I saw on the news yesterday was Jacksonville Florida was opening the beaches not "Florida". The vast majority of beaches in Florida are still closed.
(04-19-2020, 07:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 02:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe they just don't want to get fined?

I opened the door washed my hands with alcohol stuff and then I used the alcohol damp napkin to clean the door handle and the handle on the beer packages
Laughing Laughing

That's actually just being smart! We take those extra steps for those we care about.
Awe shucks Big Grin
(04-19-2020, 03:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 07:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 03:58 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yeah, that could be it...maybe?  I wonder about the quarantine/stay home order. How long are people going to be willing to adhere to it. Because people can't....whether it's in their best interest or not, people can't survive for months without going back to work.  The economy just can't come to a standstill and people still survive.  So, I'm watching this with interest.  I've seen good attitudes from people who comment on social media...not too much complaining or saying they are suffering unduly...yet.  But how much longer can it carry on without issue?  What will people live on?  Those stimulus checks won't make a house payment.   I didn't receive one, so I am stimulus free and on my own for the moment.  But people can't just carry on without jobs.  I'm curious what the western pac plan is?

Laughing Laughing

Awe shucks Big Grin

Did you get aluminum cans?, we all know that virus lives on glass bottles.
Not my words, but accurate none the less:

In the last 17 days, the Wuhan coronavirus has killed more Americans (35,087) than the regular flu kills in an entire year (34,157 for the last year). It obliterates any last shred of the argument — still heard across the independent media — that the coronavirus is “no worse than the flu.”

edit, to add another quote:

Today the virus killed 2,804 Americans, and it’s been killing more than 2,000 Americans per day for most of the days across the last two weeks. In comparison, the regular flu kills about 94 Americans per day on average
(04-22-2020, 02:03 PM)GPnative Wrote: Not my words, but accurate none the less:

In the last 17 days, the Wuhan coronavirus has killed more Americans (35,087) than the regular flu kills in an entire year (34,157 for the last year). It obliterates any last shred of the argument — still heard across the independent media — that the coronavirus is “no worse than the flu.”

edit, to add another quote:

Today the virus killed 2,804 Americans, and it’s been killing more than 2,000 Americans per day for most of the days across the last two weeks. In comparison, the regular flu kills about 94 Americans per day on average
 It's hard to understand that people STILL say the flu is more deadly.
People who are bad at math.