Corona virus
(04-22-2020, 04:21 PM)bbqboy Wrote: People who are bad at math.
or drink orange kool-aid
We know we will be hit with 2nd and 3rd waves of Corona virus, but what's the plan? We can't survive in quarantine till it wears itself out. I know that if the quarantine continues for much longer, I will have no resources and I am not the only American in that position.
(04-22-2020, 08:07 PM)Juniper Wrote: We know we will be hit with 2nd and 3rd waves of Corona virus, but what's the plan? We can't survive in quarantine till it wears itself out.  I know that if the quarantine continues for much longer, I will have no resources and I am not the only American in that position.

Cowabunga dude

Corona waves are coming

[Image: 2015-500x675.jpg]
Quote:New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus epidemic in the US, and New York City has been hardest hit given its high population density. However, even in the city, where 21.2 percent tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies (1.77 million people) during this trial, a casualty count of 15,000 deaths points to a fatality rate of 0.8 percent.
https://www.rt.com/usa/486695-ny-antibod...gn=firefox

about 8X the normal flu
(04-22-2020, 08:07 PM)Juniper Wrote: We know we will be hit with 2nd and 3rd waves of Corona virus, but what's the plan? We can't survive in quarantine till it wears itself out.  I know that if the quarantine continues for much longer, I will have no resources and I am not the only American in that position.
I guess the plan is to find a vaccine or an antidote.
(04-23-2020, 01:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
I guess the plan is to find a vaccine or an antidote.

Really, we had Y2K, and the 2012 Mayan roll over. Should still have all the stuff from that.
Here comes the 2nd wave,
Covid-19 cases in Josephine county, jump by 5% in a single day.

Quote:For the first time in 10 days, a new case of COVID-19 has been reported in Josephine County. The Josephine County Public Health Department reported this morning that one additional patient has tested positive for the coronavirus, bring the county's total number of confirmed cases to 20.

http://www.kldr.com/news/news.php
(04-26-2020, 09:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
SNL was pretty damn funny anyway considering no audience and social distancing.
"Poison control centers in a number of states have reported a rise in calls about exposure to household cleaners since President Trump made remarks suggesting that disinfectants should be looked into as a possible treatment for the coronavirus."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/49...xposure-to

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(04-28-2020, 09:34 PM)Scrapper Wrote: "Poison control centers in a number of states have reported a rise in calls about exposure to household cleaners since President Trump made remarks suggesting that disinfectants should be looked into as a possible treatment for the coronavirus."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/49...xposure-to

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ya, I kept prank phone calling them for fun. Guess I got carried away.
Well, in these difficult times, we are all asked to make personal sacrifices. Due to the potato surplus in Belgium, citizens are being asked to eat fries twice a week now.
(04-29-2020, 06:46 AM)Juniper Wrote: Well, in these difficult times, we are all asked to make personal sacrifices. Due to the potato surplus in Belgium, citizens are being asked to eat fries twice a week now.

Why does Belgium have a surplus of potatoes? Are they the new hemp??   Smiling
(04-29-2020, 06:46 AM)Juniper Wrote: Well, in these difficult times, we are all asked to make personal sacrifices. Due to the potato surplus in Belgium, citizens are being asked to eat fries twice a week now.

Maybe they should learn how to make Vodka.
[Image: 94722930_1125267291184342_23084992746875...e=5ED053BA]
(04-29-2020, 07:28 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I don't know WHY...I guess they eat a lot of potatoes over there??
(04-29-2020, 11:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:

(BRUSSELS) — In a country that claims to be the real birthplace of the finger food that Americans have the temerity to call French fries, rescuing the potato industry might easily be a matter of Belgian national pride.
So while a coronavirus lockdown keeps restaurants, bars and many of Belgium’s 5,000 frites stands closed, the trade association for the national potato industry is calling on the population at large to do its part by keeping deep fryers fired up on the home front.
“Traditionally, Belgians eat fries once a week, and it’s always a festive moment,” Romain Cools, the Belgapom secretary general, said in a phone interview on Tuesday. “Now, we are asking them to eat frozen fries twice a week at home.”
The demand for frozen potatoes has nosedived in recent weeks, and the Belgian industry faces a possible loss of 125 million euros ($135.5 million), if hundreds of tons of surplus potatoes don’t move this year, Cools said.
I saw something today about potato farmers ditching their crops to stabilize the price. There's an overabundance of potatoes here in the US.
(04-30-2020, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 11:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:

(BRUSSELS) — In a country that claims to be the real birthplace of the finger food that Americans have the temerity to call French fries, rescuing the potato industry might easily be a matter of Belgian national pride.
So while a coronavirus lockdown keeps restaurants, bars and many of Belgium’s 5,000 frites stands closed, the trade association for the national potato industry is calling on the population at large to do its part by keeping deep fryers fired up on the home front.
“Traditionally, Belgians eat fries once a week, and it’s always a festive moment,” Romain Cools, the Belgapom secretary general, said in a phone interview on Tuesday. “Now, we are asking them to eat frozen fries twice a week at home.”
The demand for frozen potatoes has nosedived in recent weeks, and the Belgian industry faces a possible loss of 125 million euros ($135.5 million), if hundreds of tons of surplus potatoes don’t move this year, Cools said.

I always like to pick up a bag of Brussels potato chips,