How are YOU dealing with COVID-19? *No Politics*
For me and mine...

I was already working from home so that is unchanged. I was also going to the gym every day. Other than that I was travelling to southern Cal often and I recently bought a ski-boat that I planned on using with wife and kids this summer.

Now there is no going to the gym but my youngest has been laid off... so she and I go hiking on the trails around Jackson Co. every day. I feel better after hiking than I ever did after the gym so this is a good thing. 

Going south to stay with the folks was never fun... so now I have an excuse to NOT go. Another silver lining.

I'm pretty sure that I will not get to use the boat unless things turn around quickly. But I can sit in it in the driveway and drink margaritas... and save $$$ on gas... so that is not all bad either.

I can wipe my ass for about another 2 weeks before we run out of TP.

It could be worse... it probably will get worse. Hopefully none of us really experiences how bad it can be.
I work from home now, first time ever, it has its challenges, but not complaining. thankfully our company is busy as ever and losing my job is not a concern, assuming no major supply chain interruptions anyway. I still run several times a week, i actually run more now that im home more. I choose less populous routes and am out early, sunrise.
We avoid stores, use fred meyer delivery to keep the cupboards stocked.
Social distancing and being a homebody is just another day around here, ive never minded staying home. But recognizing we do need outings, especially the kids, we head up in the woods, last weekend even got high enough to play in the snow.
Added disney+ streaming service for a treat for the kids. And besides that, taking it one day at a time, and limit virus coverage, both TV and online, no point in marinating in bad news for hours on end.
We also quarantine the mail and groceries and amazon packages before they come in the house. The house is our safety zone, no public place shoes etc.enter the house. Friend, family or foe, no guests enter the house.
I stop eating from restaurants from start of March.
For lunch I microwave something frozen.
Nobody touches my food after it's cooked.

I wash my hands a lot, sanitize when I get in the car and apply body soap on hands when I get out.
I carry Kleenex all the time, for when my face itches.

I stand further away from people.
stay clear of young people. (little vectors)

I spot shop. If something is available that wasn't last week. I tend to buy one. (unless it's something I already have more then enough)
I still only buy food for 2-3 days perishables. , frozen dinners, meat
I need to increase my shopping take home per visit, Which means I have to plug the storage freezer back in. (I'm reluctant, cause I don't think we'll have a shortage of food)

I have stock of TP to last for months, I always have.
I ran out one time and had to pay $3.50 for what you get at the dollar store from Betty's store, never again, I have TP everywhere. I keep buying twice what I use. It ends up overflowing into empty spaces.

Biggest change is I'm glued to the news. This can change real fast. (it's only been a month since this got real)
I try to seek other news too. Often big stories are used as a smoke screen.

By the way, I'm requesting all RVF user to stay 6 feet from their computer, This is virtual social distancing.
(And for God sake, don't sneeze into the screen)

Also slower internet.
(03-26-2020, 06:40 PM)GCG Wrote: For me and mine...

I was already working from home so that is unchanged. I was also going to the gym every day. Other than that I was travelling to southern Cal often and I recently bought a ski-boat that I planned on using with wife and kids this summer.

Now there is no going to the gym but my youngest has been laid off... so she and I go hiking on the trails around Jackson Co. every day. I feel better after hiking than I ever did after the gym so this is a good thing. 

Going south to stay with the folks was never fun... so now I have an excuse to NOT go. Another silver lining.

I'm pretty sure that I will not get to use the boat unless things turn around quickly. But I can sit in it in the driveway and drink margaritas... and save $$$ on gas... so that is not all bad either.

I can wipe my ass for about another 2 weeks before we run out of TP.

It could be worse... it probably will get worse. Hopefully none of us really experiences how bad it can be.
  Being retired not a lot has really changed here. We have not bought one single thing extra so far and we are not running out of anything.
We already order and pick up groceries at Fred Meyer. We have 30 rolls of TP LOL. That's how it came when we bought it at Costco before the virus.
We still have family come over but the rule is that we sit outside 10 feet apart. I already had two hand sanitizer alcohol things in the door of my car. I bought an extra a while back because the pump on one quit working. I do a lot of buying and selling and people USED to want to shake hands and that always bothered me so as soon as I get in the car I sanitize my hands.. always have.
We are good on TP also, since i saw this coming in january, we added a pack every time we shopped, whatever was on sale, and only a single pack, we are not hoarders. But silently prepped. Silently is not the right word, strategically is more appropriate.
(03-27-2020, 02:17 PM)GPnative Wrote: We are good on TP also, since i saw this coming in january, we added a pack every time we shopped, whatever was on sale, and only a single pack, we are not hoarders. But silently prepped. Silently is not the right word, strategically is more appropriate.

Plenty of TP will help prevent  The Midas Touch.
(everything you touch turns golden)
On Facebook people post what store have TP so if i needed some I could have bought it.
I think every day that foes by the supply is catching up with the demand. A guy at Fred Meyer gas station said his ister is out and can't find any TP anywhere.
I didn't say so but I think his sister if full of shit.. Pun intended Razz

With gas being cheap plus I got 91 cents a gallon off I decided to fill both tanks in my truck. While at the FM gas pumps I had to go in to their tiny office( long story as to why) and the only way to open the door was with a handle.
And all the guys were touching it over and over. I asked if they had any hand sanitizer because I don't have any in my truck that I rarely drive.
The answer was NOPE!.   Fucking dumb asses.
(03-27-2020, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: On Facebook people post what store have TP so if i needed some I could have bought it.
I think every day that foes by the supply is catching up with the demand. A guy at Fred Meyer gas station said his ister is out and can't find any TP anywhere.
I didn't say so but I think his sister if full of shit.. Pun intended Razz

With gas being cheap plus I got 91 cents a gallon off I decided to fill both tanks in my truck. While at the FM gas pumps I had to go in to their tiny office( long story as to why) and the only way to open the door was with a handle.
And all the guys were touching it over and over. I asked if they had any hand sanitizer because I don't have any in my truck that I rarely drive.
The answer was NOPE!.   Fucking dumb asses.

You might write CP and circle it on your hand.
Not sure if cootie protection will work for Covid too, but it's worth a shot.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-sh...ical-guide
My garage and yard are now immaculate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(03-30-2020, 10:52 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: My garage and yard are now immaculate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your mother must be happy. Big Grin
[Image: EUy3xtFU4AA5_kE?format=jpg&name=small]
movement map

this is an incredible map showing movement based on cell phones. (yes they are tracking us )

Funny kind of looks like Red states and grey states, they should have used blue
If you're working from home... be leery of mirrors... they're sneaky SOB's!

[Image: b62a23d25cadf2d7b00dde816dbbf915.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(04-05-2020, 07:46 PM)chuck white Wrote: movement map

this is an incredible map showing movement based on cell phones. (yes they are tracking us )

Funny kind of looks like Red states and grey states, they should have used blue
yes they are tracking us

GOOD!!!
Mostly Level 2... but today Level 1!

[Image: 79dd371ceb6c56e930624042867d0d7e.jpg]

(04-06-2020, 03:07 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Mostly Level 2... but today Level 1! [Image: 79dd371ceb6c56e930624042867d0d7e.jpg]

I'm more like Smoky, An old bear, sitting around with my pants on and smoking in the woods
[Image: a01_jd_06nov_smokey-2-900x1165.jpg]
I told my wife I want a T-shirt that says.  . The virus didn't change anything we were already stay home slackers.
(04-06-2020, 03:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: I told my wife I want a T-shirt that says.  . The virus didn't change anything we were already stay home slackers.

I checked on a friend I used to work with a few days ago. He said he's had no trouble, he's been social distancing for years just didn't know that's what it was called. Razz
So, the hubster and I had to make a trip an hour away via I-5 to handle some business for his mother. I had to stop and use a Rest Area restroom... and was very happy that I always carry these in my purse

[Image: d46ccb78a34560cc1457e209113e55ef.jpg]

(04-06-2020, 07:15 PM)Scrapper Wrote: So, the hubster and I had to make a trip an hour away via I-5 to handle some business for his mother. I had to stop and use a Rest Area restroom... and was very happy that I always carry these in my purse

[Image: d46ccb78a34560cc1457e209113e55ef.jpg]

I think better off drinking the hand sanitizer before entering rest area rest room