How are YOU dealing with COVID-19? *No Politics*
(04-10-2020, 08:57 AM)GCG Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 05:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 02:18 PM)GCG Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 01:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 06:14 PM)GCG Wrote: That's what we bought from our vet. It might kill them when they bite and latch on but it is not working as a repellent.
 It works good for fleas. I don't take my dogs anywhere this time of year.They crawl all over me and the dogs.

HOW DOES BRAVECTO KILL FLEAS AND TICKS?

After you give your pet BRAVECTO, it quickly reaches tissue fluids just under your dog's or cat's skin. When fleas and ticks feed, they ingest BRAVECTO and die.
We went up to Forest Park today and we brushed 10-15 ticks off of our yellow lab during the course of our hike. Then we found a few more when we got home including one that was latched on. I think it's probably true that the one tick would have died. But our dog is in the house a lot. And I can't stand the idea of those critters crawling into our couch or bedding. Maybe we are better off letting them bite the dog so they die.

Last year there were so many tics so often on ME that I got used to it. I don't even get up I just crush them with my finger nails and go back to sleep.

We NEVER had tics until there was a wet land created next door and a pretty big pond was built. I used to not bother to cut the crass until it was really tall because it was pointless to do it over and over. It just drys up and dies anyway.
But now with my tractor and field mower I can cut the grass really fast. I cut most of it yesterday and hopefully it will reduce the tics around my house.
Maybe YOU should take a Bravecto, too.  Big Grin
Hmmmm I haven't had one latch on to me in years. Apparent I have learned to feel them pretty much. And like everyone knows for every tic you find you also feel several imaginary ones crawling on you Big Grin
(04-10-2020, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:57 AM)GCG Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 05:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 02:18 PM)GCG Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 01:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:  It works good for fleas. I don't take my dogs anywhere this time of year.They crawl all over me and the dogs.

HOW DOES BRAVECTO KILL FLEAS AND TICKS?

After you give your pet BRAVECTO, it quickly reaches tissue fluids just under your dog's or cat's skin. When fleas and ticks feed, they ingest BRAVECTO and die.
We went up to Forest Park today and we brushed 10-15 ticks off of our yellow lab during the course of our hike. Then we found a few more when we got home including one that was latched on. I think it's probably true that the one tick would have died. But our dog is in the house a lot. And I can't stand the idea of those critters crawling into our couch or bedding. Maybe we are better off letting them bite the dog so they die.

Last year there were so many tics so often on ME that I got used to it. I don't even get up I just crush them with my finger nails and go back to sleep.

We NEVER had tics until there was a wet land created next door and a pretty big pond was built. I used to not bother to cut the crass until it was really tall because it was pointless to do it over and over. It just drys up and dies anyway.
But now with my tractor and field mower I can cut the grass really fast. I cut most of it yesterday and hopefully it will reduce the tics around my house.
Maybe YOU should take a Bravecto, too.  Big Grin
Hmmmm I haven't had one latch on to me in years. Apparent I have learned to feel them pretty much. And like everyone knows for every tic you find you also feel several imaginary ones crawling on you Big Grin
I can vouch for that last sentence. Several days ago I woke up with one on my back. I've been swatting and flicking and brushing imaginary ticks ever since. They are like little leeches... or democrats. You can feel them sucking even when they are not attached. That last jab was for Juniper flaunting the rules!  Razz Laughing
After 34 days... we finally decided to pop a bottle of wine. Sat out back and played dice while the dogs played in the yard. The weather was perfect. It was a nice evening.

[Image: 0ce0da6c2d0d5a1cc23e03015c29bc54.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I went to home depot today, it was absurd. They have a curbside pickup now, thats good, thats what i was doing. But the line of people waiting to get in the store was the total opposite of social distancing. I swear as always in the name of safety they go too far and make a worse situation! hiking trails in the great outdoors are closed, yet cattle lines at stores totally fine. It was zoo, i wont be going back til this crap is over.
(04-10-2020, 04:44 PM)Scrapper Wrote: After 34 days... we finally decided to pop a bottle of wine. Sat out back and played dice while the dogs played in the yard. The weather was perfect. It was a nice evening.

[Image: 0ce0da6c2d0d5a1cc23e03015c29bc54.jpg]

I might do the same and drink some beer. It's been two days.
(04-10-2020, 04:59 PM)GPnative Wrote: I went to home depot today, it was absurd. They have a curbside pickup now, thats good, thats what i was doing. But the line of people waiting to get in the store was the total opposite of social distancing. I swear as always in the name of safety they go too far and make a worse situation! hiking trails in the great outdoors are closed, yet cattle lines at stores totally fine. It was zoo, i wont be going back til this crap is over.

Hold on  a minute what do you expect "THEY" to do??  And who exactly ever said "cattle lines at stores are totally fine"???

"They" can't close an essential business. They can close a fucking hiking trail and they do so with good reasons. The whole idea of social distancing can't work when every Tom Dick and Harry stuck at home wants to go hike the same trails.
Also when people leave the home to go hiking how many then have to get gas, to buy things at the store, go to an ATM?

There are SO many people complaining about what our leaders are telling us to do I'm really sick of it. Don't be that guy. You have a legitimate complaint .....TO HOME DEPOT.  They could chalk mark the ground or whatever and make people stay 6 feet apart.
(04-10-2020, 05:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 04:59 PM)GPnative Wrote: I went to home depot today, it was absurd. They have a curbside pickup now, thats good, thats what i was doing. But the line of people waiting to get in the store was the total opposite of social distancing. I swear as always in the name of safety they go too far and make a worse situation! hiking trails in the great outdoors are closed, yet cattle lines at stores totally fine. It was zoo, i wont be going back til this crap is over.

Hold on  a minute what do you expect "THEY" to do??  And who exactly ever said "cattle lines at stores are totally fine"???

"They" can't close an essential business. They can close a fucking hiking trail and they do so with good reasons. The whole idea of social distancing can't work when every Tom Dick and Harry stuck at home wants to go hike the same trails.
Also when people leave the home to go hiking how many then have to get gas, to buy things at the store, go to an ATM?

There are SO many people complaining about what our leaders are telling us to do I'm really sick of it. Don't be that guy. You have a legitimate complaint .....TO HOME DEPOT.  They could chalk mark the ground or whatever and make people stay 6 feet apart.
I had the same experience at Costco way back when this all started. They were trying to do the right thing by limiting the amount of people in the store. But the result was a line of shoppers all crammed together while standing in line. The truth is... no one really knows what to do. The other truth is... the measures that we are taking seem to be actually working. I just hope that no one tries to say "it's over" too soon.
People are funny.

One guy was bitching in a FB group about passing a Dutch Bros with cars lined up ino the street... he didn't understand why so many people thought getting coffee was essential business... come to find out, he was on his way to the liquor store... much more essential than coffee. LOL

Another lady was pissed off that the adult shop was still open. I'm guessing that, in her mind, fun sex isn't essential during a pandemic. Poor thing. Ha!

(04-10-2020, 08:33 PM)Scrapper Wrote: People are funny.

One guy was bitching in a FB group about passing a Dutch Bros with cars lined up ino the street... he didn't understand why so many people thought getting coffee was essential business... come to find out, he was on his way to the liquor store... much more essential than coffee. LOL

Another lady was pissed off that the adult shop was still open. I'm guessing that, in her mind, fun sex isn't essential during a pandemic. Poor thing. Ha!

Yeah, but I can buy liquor and not go back for a month.  I don't see the quarantine as really functional, because everyone is just doing what they are doing only not working. Not broke enough to not buy coffee I guess.  I don't know what people are bitching about. EVERYONE is out doing something when they notice other people doing things.  I took my car to the mechanic today.  THEY were working.  We went for a test drive. He made a point of wearing gloves to drive the car and I wore my mask. ha ha. Other than that, I stick to the quarantine, because I have nowhere to go and no money to spend on it.  I let my 17 year grandson and my son come and visit me. But I don't even go to the dog park anymore.  Funny, the city parks have closed the playgrounds but the dog parks are open. But people are bitching about people using Roxy Ann.
(04-10-2020, 06:12 PM)GCG Wrote:

I had the same experience at Costco way back when this all started. They were trying to do the right thing by limiting the amount of people in the store. But the result was a line of shoppers all crammed together while standing in line. The truth is... no one really knows what to do. The other truth is... the measures that we are taking seem to be actually working. I just hope that no one tries to say "it's over" too soon.
There's this really yummy cheese I want to buy at Costco, but I know it's just not possible while the apocalypse is going on. Sad

Leaders?
I'm feeling officially over the covid virus.  It clogs my feed on FB, it's all I see,  it's depressing and mostly just fear-mongering and not really helpful or informative.  I scroll down and it's all just covid, covid, covid, I'm getting a bit nutty.  Except for the Beatle people.  I know lots. They are happily cruising along and just enjoying their nerdy, geeky euphoria.  They seem to be the only thing non corvid I see at all.  They are very happy this week because a new Beatles photograph has been newly discovered and is taking the internet by storm. Beatles people get VERY excited when something NEW surfaces.   That's it.  Stay home. Watch covid tv. covid FB. Covid news....sigh.... Occasionally, this guy I know puts up videos of his dogs playing.... So, yeah, my friends in England are all giddy and send me their latest find of the boys in 1959 in the upper living room of the Casbah...and they are losing their minds!  Well, at least it's not Covid. My friend sent it to me on my phone full of excitement.  Big Grin I feel. my. life. has. gotten. that. small.
(04-10-2020, 11:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Yeah, but I can buy liquor and not go back for a month.  I don't see the quarantine as really functional, because everyone is just doing what they are doing only not working. Not broke enough to not buy coffee I guess.  I don't know what people are bitching about. EVERYONE is out doing something when they notice other people doing things.  I took my car to the mechanic today.  THEY were working.  We went for a test drive. He made a point of wearing gloves to drive the car and I wore my mask. ha ha. Other than that, I stick to the quarantine, because I have nowhere to go and no money to spend on it.  I let my 17 year grandson and my son come and visit me. But I don't even go to the dog park anymore.  Funny, the city parks have closed the playgrounds but the dog parks are open. But people are bitching about people using Roxy Ann.
My hubby is still working 6 days a week. He stops every now and then to get the employees coffees.
When we go for a grocery pickup (I preorder, never go in)... I stop for a coffee.

BTW, until yesterday we didn't have masks. The masks my friend back east made for us should arrive today... but another friend made masks for us and they arrived yesterday.

[Image: ec6900260d1a3ada8c937a37b71d3af3.jpg]

[Image: d5e938dc71af22a750039cd607f947b5.jpg]

I don't see the quarantine as really functional

Really? When I go out I don't see as many people. People are not eating inside ANYWHERE, that law alone is very functional IMO.
Not to mention all of the movie theaters. sports, events where people used to congregate.

I let my 17 year grandson and my son come and visit me.
You sound like my wife. She would do the same if I let her. Actually I don't control her but she knows I don't want her in close contact to ANYONE but me Smiling You are actually risking your life.
(04-10-2020, 11:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:

There's this really yummy cheese I want to buy at Costco, but I know it's just not possible while the apocalypse is going on. Sad
Why can't your 17 year grandson or your son pick it up for you?

"they" should be self explanatory, Leaders, Governors, public officials, so called experts, public health officers, you name it. THEY are creating the environment that results in stores making stupid social distancing choices. If the "THEY" morons that close outdoor areas applied the same logic to distance people, then people should be turned around out of a stores parking lot until there is room in the store.
(04-11-2020, 07:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:

"they" should be self explanatory, Leaders, Governors, public officials, so called experts, public health officers, you name it. THEY are creating the environment that results in stores making stupid social distancing choices. If the "THEY" morons that close outdoor areas applied the same logic to distance people, then people should be turned around out of a stores parking lot until there is room in the store.

I expect they would just line up out in the street.
(04-11-2020, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Why can't your 17 year grandson or your son pick it up for you?
Well, he would have to wait in the same ridiculous lines that I hear are stretching to the back of the store....all for a bit of cheese. Ridiculous. My point is, that all this panic buying is keeping people from just a quick stop and go.
Also....should I be exposing him to the dangers of the virus?
(04-11-2020, 03:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't see the quarantine as really functional

Really? When I go out I don't see as many people. People are not eating inside ANYWHERE, that law alone is very functional IMO.
Not to mention all of the movie theaters. sports, events where people used to congregate.

I let my 17 year grandson and my son come and visit me.
You sound like my wife. She would do the same if I let her. Actually I don't control her but she knows I don't want her in close contact to ANYONE but me Smiling You are actually risking your life.
But you said you have family visit but maintain 10 feet distance?