The Checks are coming, (ya right, I believe it when I see it)
Quote:Americans likely won't begin to see direct payments from the coronavirus stimulus bill until at least April 13 and it could take 20 weeks for all the checks to be mailed, Trump administration officials told lawmakers, according to a House Democratic memo obtained by CNN.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/...index.html

Part of the delay is finding enough sharpies for Trump to use, to sign each check.
(04-02-2020, 12:03 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Americans likely won't begin to see direct payments from the coronavirus stimulus bill until at least April 13 and it could take 20 weeks for all the checks to be mailed, Trump administration officials told lawmakers, according to a House Democratic memo obtained by CNN.

Part of the delay is finding enough sharpies for Trump to use, to sign each check.
Wow those who can't get a direct payment are screwed.
(04-02-2020, 12:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

"Individuals with the lowest income, based on adjusted gross income, will receive their checks first."

That bumps me up the pecking order some. My income last year was the lowest since... ever.
(04-02-2020, 12:45 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

"Individuals with the lowest income, based on adjusted gross income, will receive their checks first."

That bumps me up the pecking order some. My income last year was the lowest since... ever.
I heard (read) it was based on 2018 income
(04-02-2020, 01:10 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Of course.   Sad
(04-02-2020, 02:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 12:03 PM)chuck white Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/...index.html

Of course.   Sad
So are you saying in 2018 you made more than 75 grand? Otherwise what difference does it make?
My mom was wondering about hers cause they do not file returns, so brief research it looks like those on SS that get a yearly statement or some such, will get theirs direct depo'd also. Anyone else here have different understanding?
(04-02-2020, 06:09 PM)GPnative Wrote: My mom was wondering about hers cause they do not file returns, so brief research it looks like those on SS that get a yearly statement or some such, will get theirs direct depo'd also. Anyone else here have different understanding?
That's a mistake, she needs to cash the check and buy Walmart gift cards and send me the numbers on the card. I'll take care of it for her, because I have such a soft heart for older people.
Big Grin
(04-02-2020, 06:09 PM)GPnative Wrote: My mom was wondering about hers cause they do not file returns, so brief research it looks like those on SS that get a yearly statement or some such, will get theirs direct depo'd also. Anyone else here have different understanding?

I heard there would be a website that those on SS could enter their info for direct deposit... otherwise, it would be mailed.
(04-02-2020, 05:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 02:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 12:21 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wow those who can't get a direct payment are screwed.

Of course.   Sad
So are you saying in 2018 you made more than 75 grand? Otherwise what difference does it make?

No. That's not what we were talking about.
(04-02-2020, 07:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

I heard there would be a website that those on SS could enter their info for direct deposit... otherwise, it would be mailed.
I'm on social security and we have already been on direct deposit so according to my wife we don't have to do anything.
I would think most people on SS would be like me. How many people actually get a check in snail mail?
(04-03-2020, 02:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm on social security and we have already been on direct deposit so according to my wife we don't have to do anything.
I would think most people on SS would be like me. How many people actually get a check in snail mail?

at least one.

Sorry... I think I didn't express my thought well. I meant "if" you get checks... you could go online and add your info for direct deposit, otherwise you would wait for a check.

Yup, thats my understanding now also. If you already have DD for SS, youre good to go. Those folks still getting paper checks, pretty silly at this point, plus now its a trip to the bank or ATM for those most vulnerable.
(04-03-2020, 02:38 PM)chuck white Wrote:

at least one.
LOL you??? Come to the 21st century.. Go toward the light.
(04-03-2020, 04:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 02:38 PM)chuck white Wrote:

at least one.
LOL you??? Come to the 21st century.. Go toward the light.
I paper file too.
So The internet rumor is that the $1200 check is a advancement on your 2020's return.
Boy wouldn't that be a screwed move.
[Image: EUzDrqeUEAAMPPf?format=jpg&name=small]
Our bank acct shows a deposit from the IRS clearing on the 15th. The odd part is that it states "Tax Refund", not "Stimulus". Things that make you go, "Hmmmm....."
(04-13-2020, 12:50 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Our bank acct shows a deposit from the IRS clearing on the 15th. The odd part is that it states "Tax Refund", not "Stimulus". Things that make you go, "Hmmmm....."

Hmm, I will have to check our account later and see if it shows anything yet.