The Checks are coming, (ya right, I believe it when I see it)
(04-13-2020, 12:50 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Our bank acct shows a deposit from the IRS clearing on the 15th. The odd part is that it states "Tax Refund", not "Stimulus". Things that make you go, "Hmmmm....."
Well, that's weird. I've got nothing and I KNOW I'm much poorer than you.
(04-13-2020, 02:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 12:50 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Our bank acct shows a deposit from the IRS clearing on the 15th. The odd part is that it states "Tax Refund", not "Stimulus". Things that make you go, "Hmmmm....."

There is a super sophisticated algorithm on issuing the deposits to determine who is in the front of the line and who is in the back, oh wait, no, its just ineptitude.
(04-13-2020, 04:21 PM)GPnative Wrote:

There is a super sophisticated algorithm on issuing the deposits to determine who is in the front of the line and who is in the back, oh wait, no, its just ineptitude.
I'm not sure I'm ready criticize the government for not being able to properly handle and overwhelming task like none of us has ever seen before.
Anyway we didn't get any deposit yet or notification.

Maybe related to party affiliation.
(04-13-2020, 05:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm not sure I'm ready criticize the government for not being able to properly handle and overwhelming task like none of us has ever seen before.

Its not some bean counter in a green visor punching in account numbers ffs, If they wanted a deposit to happen to all DD accounts in a single day, it could be done, we have the technology.
(04-13-2020, 06:24 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Its not some bean counter in a green visor punching in account numbers ffs, If they wanted a deposit to happen to all DD accounts in a single day, it could be done, we have the technology.
Yes, the technology is there. Unfortunately, The people who can use that technology are not part of the people, in Trump's world of "All the best people", as known to Trump.

If he learns that it can be done, then "Nobody knew that, it could be done, all in one day, nobody knew that"

Want to know when your stimulus check will arrive?
Here’s what you need to know.
Stimulus Checks
For many Americans, stimulus checks will arrive soon. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has said most Americans will receive their stimulus check by April 17. Director of the U.S. National Economic Council Larry Kudlow said checks will start going out this week or next. According to The Washington Post, which has reviewed a timetable from the IRS, stimulus checks could be distributed as follows (of course, these dates are subject to change):
April 9, 2020
Stimulus checks could be sent to some taxpayers as early as Thursday, April 9. If you filed your income taxes in 2018 or 2019 and provided your direct deposit information to the IRS, your stimulus check could be sent today. Estimated arrival time in your bank account could be on or before April 14, 2020.
April 24, 2020
The IRS will begin sending paper stimulus checks. The plan is to send paper stimulus checks to taxpayers with the lowest adjusted gross income first. Therefore, taxpayers who earned less than $10,000 will receive a paper check first.
Today In: Personal Finance

May 1, 2020
This week, the IRS will send paper stimulus checks to taxpayers who earned between $10,001 and $20,000.
PROMOTED

May 8, 2020
This week, the IRS will send paper stimulus checks to taxpayers who earned between $20,001 and $30,000.
May - September 2020
From May through September, the IRS will continue to send paper checks in order from lowest income to highest income based on 2018 or 2019 tax information.
September 4, 2020
The IRS will mail any remaining checks, such as to married couples making $198,000 (the maximum joint income that is eligible to receive a stimulus check).
September 11, 2020
The IRS will send checks to those who didn’t provide contact information to the IRS.
Can You Get Your Stimulus Check Sooner?
You may be able to get your stimulus check sooner (although no guarantees of course):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedma...30c0fa588c
(04-13-2020, 06:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 02:31 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, that's weird. I've got nothing and I KNOW I'm much poorer than you.

Want to know when your stimulus check will arrive?
Here’s what you need to know.
Stimulus Checks
For many Americans, stimulus checks will arrive soon. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has said most Americans will receive their stimulus check by April 17. Director of the U.S. National Economic Council Larry Kudlow said checks will start going out this week or next. According to The Washington Post, which has reviewed a timetable from the IRS, stimulus checks could be distributed as follows (of course, these dates are subject to change):
April 9, 2020
Stimulus checks could be sent to some taxpayers as early as Thursday, April 9. If you filed your income taxes in 2018 or 2019 and provided your direct deposit information to the IRS, your stimulus check could be sent today. Estimated arrival time in your bank account could be on or before April 14, 2020.
April 24, 2020
The IRS will begin sending paper stimulus checks. The plan is to send paper stimulus checks to taxpayers with the lowest adjusted gross income first. Therefore, taxpayers who earned less than $10,000 will receive a paper check first.
Today In: Personal Finance

May 1, 2020
This week, the IRS will send paper stimulus checks to taxpayers who earned between $10,001 and $20,000.
PROMOTED

May 8, 2020
This week, the IRS will send paper stimulus checks to taxpayers who earned between $20,001 and $30,000.
May - September 2020
From May through September, the IRS will continue to send paper checks in order from lowest income to highest income based on 2018 or 2019 tax information.
September 4, 2020
The IRS will mail any remaining checks, such as to married couples making $198,000 (the maximum joint income that is eligible to receive a stimulus check).
September 11, 2020
The IRS will send checks to those who didn’t provide contact information to the IRS.
Can You Get Your Stimulus Check Sooner?
You may be able to get your stimulus check sooner (although no guarantees of course):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedma...30c0fa588c

Obviously paper checks are their own animal, thats why i was talking about DD aka direct deposit, that money could drop in accounts easy on same day. This was in reference to scrapper saying her depo is pending, and juniper saying hers is not showing yet. I havnt checked mine yet, i dont much care when it shows.
I wonder if it might have anything to do with your bank of choice? We bank at a local credit union that is super responsive to everything that happens with our account.  Perhaps some larger banks are busier or just not as quick... or don't show deposits until they actually clear.
(04-13-2020, 08:34 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I wonder if it might have anything to do with your bank of choice? We bank at a local credit union that is super responsive to everything that happens with our account.  Perhaps some larger banks are busier or just not as quick... or don't show deposits until they actually clear.
Yeah, who knows. I'm with Rogue Credit Union.
(04-13-2020, 08:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 08:34 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I wonder if it might have anything to do with your bank of choice? We bank at a local credit union that is super responsive to everything that happens with our account.  Perhaps some larger banks are busier or just not as quick... or don't show deposits until they actually clear.
Yeah, who knows. I'm with Rogue Credit Union.

I should have opened an account with Deutsche bank
A coworker got theirs, no sign of ours yet.
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict I will be the last to receive the Corona money.

But I have a one question for you guys...do I have to spend it all on Corona??

Smiling
(04-14-2020, 04:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb and predict I will be the last to receive the Corona money.

But I have a one question for you guys...do I have to spend it all on Corona??

Smiling

I'm still waiting for mine. it will be a paper check, so I'm last in line.
Ours cleared this morning.
(04-15-2020, 07:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Ours cleared this morning.

So did a fellow family member, I reckon I will check our account in a bit and see if it SHOWS ME THE MONEY

Edit: I checked, we got it.
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment 
If you get direct deposit, you don't get a check with Trumps name on it.
(I'm going to put the word 'ass' in front of his name before I cash it)
(04-15-2020, 01:17 PM)chuck white Wrote: If you get direct deposit, you don't get a check with Trumps name on it.
(I'm going to put the word 'ass' in front of his name before I cash it)

I was favoring "Idiot in Charge" as a title just below his name.