riots, protests Minneapolis
I just can't believe someone would be so stupid to put that kind of crap on social media... and not think there will be backlash or consequences.
(06-08-2020, 09:31 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I just can't believe someone would be so stupid to put that kind of crap on social media... and not think there will be backlash or consequences.
Yeah no kidding. He basically outed himself as one of the most ignorant, hateful and clueless as to what he says and what it means.
In other words your typical FAR right winger.
(06-08-2020, 10:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 09:31 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I just can't believe someone would be so stupid to put that kind of crap on social media... and not think there will be backlash or consequences.
Yeah no kidding. He basically outed himself as one of the most ignorant, hateful and clueless as to what he says and what it means.

Cause only far right wingers post ignorant, hateful and clueless crap on social media.  Rolling Eyes
(06-08-2020, 04:24 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 02:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 11:13 AM)Scrapper Wrote:  This guy was the F&I Manager at Damerow Ford in Beaverton. He was fired yesterday. His fiance is no longer the Wellness Director at Farmington Square in Salem either.

Disgusting!

[Image: 103432547_10222359731883377_997598047265...e=5F034EA3]

[Image: 102677078_10222359732203385_807791381203...e=5F051DEC]

[Image: 102360728_10222359732603395_368320407125...e=5F051962]

[Image: 103076066_10222359732963404_444762992061...e=5F021A62]

[Image: 101990278_10222359733283412_749710248325...e=5F02DE62]
I'll never understand why any white person thinks it's ok to call a black any kind of racial slur just because some blacks call each other the same.

Yeah I feel the same way when some fat, Taliban bearded, idiot I've never seen in my life calls me "brotha". I ain't your fuckin' brother dude.

(edited to add)   Eyebrows Laughing
Fat, Taliban bearded idiots call you "brotha"?  Who are YOU hanging out with? Big Grin
(06-09-2020, 09:12 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 04:24 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 02:26 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'll never understand why any white person thinks it's ok to call a black any kind of racial slur just because some blacks call each other the same.

Yeah I feel the same way when some fat, Taliban bearded, idiot I've never seen in my life calls me "brotha". I ain't your fuckin' brother dude.

(edited to add)   Eyebrows Laughing
Fat, Taliban bearded idiots call you "brotha"?  Who are YOU hanging out with? Big Grin

I couldn't say. I'd never seen him before.   Big Grin
(06-09-2020, 06:00 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 10:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Cause only far right wingers post ignorant, hateful and clueless crap on social media.  Rolling Eyes
No I didn't actually mean "ignorant, hateful and clueless crap"  .

Number one.... I have ONLY heard far right wingers claim that because blacks call each other N***** that it's OK for whites to do the same.

TWO.... Go back to Africa

THREE...Bitching about what the government has done to our economy because of the Coronavirus

Also although it's not said I GUARANTEE this moron also doesn't think climate change is human caused,, anti science.

If you don't think these beliefs are by far the standard thought of the right or far right you need to get out more.
Someone posted this on FB and was IMMEDIATELY branded as a racist.

POLICE OFFICERS LIVES MATTER. A police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. Blacks made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S., though they are 13% of the population. They kill more of each other than any other race does. They should start with not killing each other, other people, and police officers.

It's all factual except this which is an opinion...

They kill more of each other than any other race does. They should start with not killing each other, other people, and police officers.

I'm a little divided. NOW could be a bad time to post these facts. On the other hand with so many people hating cops maybe this could help change that?
(06-10-2020, 04:55 PM)tvguy Wrote: Someone posted this on FB and was IMMEDIATELY branded as a racist.

POLICE OFFICERS LIVES MATTER. A police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. Blacks made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S., though they are 13% of the population. They kill more of each other than any other race does. They should start with not killing each other, other people, and police officers.

It's all factual except this which is an opinion...

They kill more of each other than any other race does. They should start with not killing each other, other people, and police officers.

I'm a little divided. NOW could be a bad time to post these facts. On the other hand with so many people hating cops maybe this could help change that?
Too soon, as they say.
So, this kind of talk has gotten me accused of 'boomer' mentality, but I'm done with this. I support BLM, but my support does not look like someone else's support. I don't believe I need to seek out the black business owners and patronize their businesses. If they have something I want, I'll go to them...their color doesn't factor in. I don't need to be given BLM themed programs to watch...I think I'm pretty aware and also educated....I don't need to have home town historical racism paraded in front of me as if I didn't know it. I know this was a KKK/sundowner town. I saw plenty of racism in the last two weeks, I know it's there. I see it on social media, I see it in acquaintances....I've seen it for years. But I don't feel some kind of guilt I need to assuage because I didn't demonstrate at a blm demonstration. I don't need to be doing these extracurricular activities to prove anything or to make anyone feel better. I'm really sick of having it crammed down my throat.
(06-10-2020, 10:45 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, this kind of talk has gotten me accused of 'boomer' mentality, but I'm done with this.  I support BLM, but my support does not look like someone else's support.  I don't believe I need to seek out the black business owners and patronize their businesses. If they have something I want, I'll go to them...their color doesn't factor in.  I don't need to be given BLM themed programs to watch...I think I'm pretty aware and also educated....I don't need to have home town historical racism paraded in front of me as if I didn't know it.  I know this was a KKK/sundowner town.  I saw plenty of racism in the last two weeks, I know it's there. I see it on social media, I see it in acquaintances....I've seen it for years.  But I don't feel some kind of guilt I need to assuage because I didn't demonstrate at a blm demonstration.  I don't need to be doing these extracurricular activities to prove anything or to make anyone feel better. I'm really sick of having it crammed down my throat.

I get it.
(06-10-2020, 10:45 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, this kind of talk has gotten me accused of 'boomer' mentality, but I'm done with this.  I support BLM, but my support does not look like someone else's support.  I don't believe I need to seek out the black business owners and patronize their businesses. If they have something I want, I'll go to them...their color doesn't factor in.  I don't need to be given BLM themed programs to watch...I think I'm pretty aware and also educated....I don't need to have home town historical racism paraded in front of me as if I didn't know it.  I know this was a KKK/sundowner town.  I saw plenty of racism in the last two weeks, I know it's there. I see it on social media, I see it in acquaintances....I've seen it for years.  But I don't feel some kind of guilt I need to assuage because I didn't demonstrate at a blm demonstration.  I don't need to be doing these extracurricular activities to prove anything or to make anyone feel better. I'm really sick of having it crammed down my throat.
I don't believe I need to seek out the black business owners and patronize their businesses.

I know what you are talking about and they said people of color. But yes I guess they meant black. I just really wonder if Black business owners here need anyone to seek them out. Not to mention I don't know of any.

It's odd to me that because of the Floyd killing which I have no idea if that was because he was black. That now suddenly racism is more rampant than ever. IMO there is less racism than ever and I also think it's mostly a boomer thing and the more old folks die the better.
(06-11-2020, 01:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
I don't believe I need to seek out the black business owners and patronize their businesses.

I know what you are talking about and they said people of color. But yes I guess they meant black. I just really wonder if Black business owners here need anyone to seek them out. Not to mention I don't know of any.

It's odd to me that because of the Floyd killing which I have no idea if that was because he was black. That now suddenly racism is more rampant than ever. IMO there is less racism than ever and I also think it's mostly a boomer thing and the more old folks die the better.
That one did...but there was another thread and I don't think they said POC, I think they said black.