Mean while
I watch ABC, PBS and the BBC. I go back and forth, I'm always amazed that ABC picks a story to sensationalize and it's on the news day after day.
It's not like they have any new pertinent info. It's more like they create a mini series. So the latest is the Hispanic female soldier that went missing Vanessa Guillen . Apparently she had said she was being sexually harassed. So it was national news day after day and then they found her body. And then they found the person who they think killed her who committed suicide.
ALL of this over ONE person who was murdered by some psycho. And the Floyd protests because people actually saw him killed by careless stupid police.

MEAN WHILE .......

Media need to shine light on inner-city violence
Lena Nunez was watching television at her grandmother’s apartment Saturday, June 27, when a stray bullet tore through the window and into her head. A few hours later, the 10-year-old girl was pronounced dead at the hospital.
It happened in the Logan Square neighborhood, not one of the worst or best neighborhoods in Chicago.
The week before on Father’s Day, 3-year-old Mekhi James got his first barbershop haircut. He was excited to get home and show his mother, but someone shot at his stepfather’s car. “It hurts, it hurts,” Mekhi cried out. He was pronounced dead a few hours later. It happened in Austin, the most crime-ridden neighborhood in the city.
This is life for many in Chicago.
On Father’s Day weekend, 104 people were shot in Chicago, 15 of them died, including Mekhi and 13-year-old Amaria Jones, who was hit by a stray bullet in her living room.
Last weekend, there were 63 shootings in the city. Sixteen people were killed, including seven children, one of them Lena, another was 20-month-old Sincere Gaston, who was in a car seat when a bullet aimed for someone else took his life.
This is nothing new for Chicago. In 1992, I was a TV reporter who started a live report by saying, “A little boy should feel safe in his bedroom.” It was the story of a 7-year-old Black boy who was killed by a stray bullet as he slept in his bed.
If you don’t know the names of Lena Nunez, Mekhi James, Amaria Jones or Sincere Gaston, it’s because the national media hasn’t told their stories. The Chicago TV stations have done extensive coverage. Since the networks own most of those stations, they really have no excuse for looking the other way.
Lena, Mekhi, Amaria and Sincere are just four of victims caught in the crossfire of an epidemic of violent crime that has gripped minority communities of our country’s major cities for decades. Philadelphia recently reported that 70 children have been killed by gun violence since the beginning of the year. Sixty- eight of them were Black.
When George Floyd was killed by a police officer in Minneapolis, it sparked an outrage that reverberates to this day with demands for changes in police tactics, policy and budgets. The media have covered every angle of the story for weeks.
After 17 students, teachers and faculty were killed in the 2018 shooting at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, there was extensive media coverage for weeks, with calls for changes in gun policy and school safety, that included prime time town hall meetings and national rallies.
In the past 10 years, more children have been killed by the violence that has haunted our major cities than all of the school shootings or police shootings put together.
Why isn’t there the same national effort driven by the media for changes to prevent the deaths of children, teenagers and adults in our cities?
It is a false narrative that families in crime-ridden neighborhoods aren’t doing enough. They march. They rally. They hold vigils. They just aren’t covered beyond city limits.
At a rally in Chicago last month after another weekend when five Black children were killed, a march was held with Black children in strollers holding signs that read, “My life matters.”
It is often said that violent crime in minority neighborhoods is a complicated problem that doesn’t have one solution. But Jahmal Cole, who organized the Chicago rally against violence, came up with one.
Cole told the crowd, “If you want to reduce violence, you just have to show up.” He went on to say that those who don’t ask, “How Can I help?” are part of the problem.
The national media need to show up. Larry Mendte is an award-winning veteran of TV news, talk radio and print journalism. Larry’s TV career started in Eureka, California. His video commentaries can be seen at MailTribune.com. Email him at lmendte@rosebudmedia.
[Image: ajax-request.php?val=Image_1.jpg&action=...ailtribune]

THIS is what people a should be protesting about. This is what should be on the national news EVERY DAY.   It seems to clearly be a much bigger problem than brutal or untrained cops. And I didn't say racist cops for a reason. Because of all the cops that kill blacks unjustifiably it's almost never known if the same cop would have killed a white person also.
  Why do I give a damn about Vanessa Guillen? What does her story being on the news every evening accomplish? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
I've been talking about the massive disproportionate amount of crime by blacks on this forum forever.
The rate at which blacks are killing each other is incredible and even children being killed is overlooked. Unless it's white kids in a school being killed by a madman.
I think anyone in politics who is not black and tries to even speak about this issue would commit political suicide.

Not one single comment ?  I guess I won't waste my tome here anymore.
(07-10-2020, 03:53 PM)tvguy Wrote: Not one single comment ?  I guess I won't waste my tome here anymore.
I haven't even read it. It's lengthy... thought I would wait until a time where I'd have sufficient time to read it and reply... then totally forgot about it. Ooopsie!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Summer, not spending as much time online, dont give up yet, winter is coming.
I'm a'gin it.
I haven't been on till now, but your BLAST is freaking me out and I couldn't read it.
Now I found out that people are actually protesting about Vanessa Guillen. I guess they think she's dead because no one looked in to her complaint of sexual harassment I think she was murdered because she simply ran in to a mental case but I'm not sure.

My entire point is the way the MSM focuses on certain cases. Like the actress from Glee who drowned. I wonder how long that will be on the national news Rolling Eyes ?
Hell we have people drowning around here every day lately. [url=https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/07/01/one-military-suspect-deceased-one-civilian-in-custody-in-case-of-missing-fort-hood-soldier-vanessa-guillen/][/url]
(07-11-2020, 05:53 PM)tvguy Wrote: Now I found out that people are actually protesting about Vanessa Guillen. I guess they think she's dead because no one looked in to her complaint of sexual harassment I think she was murdered because she simply ran in to a mental case but I'm not sure.

My entire point is the way the MSM focuses on certain cases. Like the actress from Glee who drowned. I wonder how long that will be on the national news Rolling Eyes ?
Hell we have people drowning around here every day lately. [url=https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/07/01/one-military-suspect-deceased-one-civilian-in-custody-in-case-of-missing-fort-hood-soldier-vanessa-guillen/][/url]
I agree they cherry pick what stories are 'important'.  I don't even know about Vanessa Guillen.
(07-11-2020, 06:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 05:53 PM)tvguy Wrote: Now I found out that people are actually protesting about Vanessa Guillen. I guess they think she's dead because no one looked in to her complaint of sexual harassment I think she was murdered because she simply ran in to a mental case but I'm not sure.

I agree they cherry pick what stories are 'important'.  I don't even know about Vanessa Guillen.
You don't know who she is... or you don't know what happened to her?

(07-11-2020, 07:09 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 06:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:

You don't know who she is... or you don't know what happened to her?

Either, thought TV explains it in his post.  I haven't really watched the news in a couple of weeks.  I have some newsletters that I read and it kind of gives me bullet points for many things happening Nationally, but I haven't seen this come up.