Ahh...
      BOO!
(02-15-2021, 04:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
      BOO!

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Who knows, with Covid maybe everyone is sporting toe tags Confused Laughing Laughing
I was just curious if anyone was still around.

Also, I got an invitation from the Department of Forestry to pay more on my property taxes and I was wondering if everyone got one or if I'm special somehow. I'm being classified as Class 1 forestland. Which I don't understand because their definition is "forestland suitable for the production of timber". How is that possible on a sub-acre suburban lot?

I know this is their way of harvesting more money for fire fighting because of last year. Still, it's damn hard to find out any information about this like who gets to pay and how it's decided who gets to pay.
(02-15-2021, 07:53 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I was just curious if anyone was still around.

Also, I got an invitation from the Department of Forestry to pay more on my property taxes and I was wondering if everyone got one or if I'm special somehow. I'm being classified as Class 1 forestland. Which I don't understand because their definition is "forestland suitable for the production of timber". How is that possible on a sub-acre suburban lot?

I know this is their way of harvesting more money for fire fighting because of last year. Still, it's damn hard to find out any information about this like who gets to pay and how it's decided who gets to pay.

Class 1, wow Does that come with any benefits?
(02-15-2021, 11:45 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 07:53 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I was just curious if anyone was still around.

Class 1, wow Does that come with any benefits?

Nahh... it's like being employee of the week. You just get a pat on the head and told to get back to work.
Still alive and kicking. Life has changed past year, working from home has totally changed habits, one of which is checking in here and posting less frequently. If i have spare time, or lunch breaks at home i got lots of other stuff i can do instead of internet surfing.
(02-16-2021, 06:59 PM)GPnative Wrote: Still alive and kicking. Life has changed past year, working from home has totally changed habits, one of which is checking in here and posting less frequently. If i have spare time, or lunch breaks at home i got lots of other stuff i can do instead of internet surfing.

Big Grin

I live in the Agate desert. Not much even grows out here as far as trees unless you water it. Some how my property was classified as forest by the Department of Forestry. So I had to get three different neighbors to sign an easement Blink
I think I too classified am Class 1 forestland.

Edit It was about fire damage to my neighbors.. somehow????
(02-16-2021, 11:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I live in the Agate desert. Not much even grows out here as far as trees unless you water it. Some how my property was classified as forest by the Department of Forestry. So I had to get three different neighbors to sign an easement Blink
I think I too classified am Class 1 forestland.

Edit It was about fire damage to my neighbors.. somehow????

Yeah, this is kind'a weird. I got the notice from the Dept. of Forestry but my neighbor said they didn't. I don't know how this is being implemented and I can't find any explanation on their website. They said they were going to have a web presentation and to look on their site for details, but nothing there.
Wonder if Elon Musk is as satisfied about his move to Texas as he previously was.
As I predicted, when Trump was no longer the main source of discussion, things would simmer down...way down...barely a glow. Not enough members to have interesting dialogue. Funny thing...I thought I saw Wonky taking a stroll the other day.
(02-18-2021, 11:54 PM)Juniper Wrote: As I predicted, when Trump was no longer the main source of discussion, things would simmer down...way down...barely a glow.  Not enough members to have interesting dialogue.    Funny thing...I thought I saw Wonky taking a stroll the other day.
Hmm depends on where you look. Now anything about Biden.. I mean ANYTHING brings out the ugly trump fans.
Ans often is  like  see what did I tell you, Dems are ruining the country.

I see Wonky post sometimes. He posts on threads with like 5 million posters.
(02-18-2021, 09:47 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Wonder if Elon Musk is as satisfied about his move to Texas as he previously was.

Electric cars with a unreliable power grid are a great combination.
(02-21-2021, 01:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:47 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Wonder if Elon Musk is as satisfied about his move to Texas as he previously was.

and power rates that can reach what can only be described as "ohhh fuuuuuck"!

Twitch
(02-21-2021, 01:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:

You couldn't get gas either right?
(02-15-2021, 07:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 04:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
      BOO!

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Who knows, with Covid maybe everyone is sporting toe tags Confused Laughing Laughing

Nah....I got my second immunization.  I kind of knew that with Trump out, it would be this way.
Feels odd to see a forecast of 99 F and thinking "Oh good, it'll be cooler!"   Laughing
(07-25-2021, 12:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Feels odd to see a forecast of 99 F and thinking "Oh good, it'll be cooler!"   Laughing
Yep

Tuesday Smiling Smiling Smiling 70% chance of rain
(07-26-2021, 09:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 12:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Feels odd to see a forecast of 99 F and thinking "Oh good, it'll be cooler!"   Laughing
Yep

Hopefully no lightning.
(07-26-2021, 10:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 09:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Yep

Hopefully no lightning.

I guess there was some. But I didn't hear any thunder.