Roll Call
(09-28-2021, 02:48 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 04:30 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: I agree with GCG. The simple disagreement on ideologies devolves into name calling or questioning ones mental abilities.
At least Trump didn't drop a hellfire on an innocent family to save face .

What are you and GCG talking about who called anyone a name or questioned ones mental abilities?

Quote:tvguy:  I see more insanity because trumps influence is still here and it brought out the lowest call of crude IGNORANT lowlifes like we have never seen before.

Facts don't matter to these people. They are a cult.

LOL.  And you don't even see it.

You assume he was talking directly about you? Hey, if the shoe fits... lace the bitch up and wear it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(09-29-2021, 11:22 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 02:48 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 04:30 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: I agree with GCG. The simple disagreement on ideologies devolves into name calling or questioning ones mental abilities.

What are you and GCG talking about who called anyone a name or questioned ones mental abilities?

Quote:tvguy:  I see more insanity because trumps influence is still here and it brought out the lowest call of crude IGNORANT lowlifes like we have never seen before.

You assume he was talking directly about you? Hey, if the shoe fits... lace the bitch up and wear it!

Right I was not taking about anyone here.
(09-29-2021, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I knew that or I was pretty sure of it. But it seems like many conservative types are getting incredibly sensitive of late.
(09-29-2021, 04:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: What are you and GCG talking about who called anyone a name or questioned ones mental abilities?

I knew that or I was pretty sure of it. But it seems like many conservative types are getting incredibly sensitive of late.

Snowflakes?

Made from yellow snow!
(09-29-2021, 10:07 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 05:09 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: Don't think its me for a second.

To me it represents the larger intolerance of ANY opposing view(left or right). If this doesn't stop and we don't start listening to the grievances of the other side it is going to end poorly .

The cult of personality has to stop.
Nothing is simply going to just stop. The republican party has been over ran by zealots. It's the far right that Trump has emboldened that has an ugly crude personality. It's where the division comes from in my opinion.
To them if you are not 100% with them then you are the enemy. They are like a cult. They are actually the reason so many un vaccinated people are dying.
They are the anti science crowd. They refuse to get vaccinated and they refuse to listen to science like climate change.
They try and find something wrong with ANY type of alternate green energy.
They claim all the wildfires we we are now experiencing are because environmentalists stopped logging. You can't get through to these people with logic, facts or proven science.

The zealot pendulum swings both ways, there are folks on the tolerant left that legit wish and hope for the death of the unvaxed. Reddit is full of some of the most vial hate ive seen. And you cant get through to them that opposing views do not make you a bad person and deserving of death.
(09-29-2021, 07:12 PM)GPnative Wrote:

To me it represents the larger intolerance of ANY opposing view(left or right). If this doesn't stop and we don't start listening to the grievances of the other side it is going to end poorly .

Nothing is simply going to just stop. The republican party has been over ran by zealots. It's the far right that Trump has emboldened that has an ugly crude personality. It's where the division comes from in my opinion.
To them if you are not 100% with them then you are the enemy. They are like a cult. They are actually the reason so many un vaccinated people are dying.
They are the anti science crowd. They refuse to get vaccinated and they refuse to listen to science like climate change.
They claim all the wildfires we we are now experiencing are because environmentalists stopped logging. You can't get through to these people with logic, facts or proven science.

The zealot pendulum swings both ways, there are folks on the tolerant left that legit wish and hope for the death of the unvaxed. Reddit is full of some of the most vial hate ive seen. And you cant get through to them that opposing views do not make you a bad person and deserving of death.
I find the comments from some members to be rude, off-putting and intentionally demeaning.
(09-30-2021, 03:15 PM)GCG Wrote: I find the comments from some members to be rude, off-putting and intentionally demeaning.

Yeah, I can see that. I try not to do that. But also, the spur on this thread started out as bait.
(09-30-2021, 03:11 PM)GCG Wrote:

I have seen some people say they don't care if the unvaxed die or they deserve too. And I am on FB a LOT.
I would say it's VERY rare to see people say that.
 But I bet you being more of a rightie tend to focus on that 1 percent and stereotyping too many the left as saying that along with using the typical right wing stereotype "tolerant".

Anyway what's your reason for not getting vaxed?
(10-01-2021, 07:07 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I have seen some people say they don't care if the unvaxed die or they deserve too. And I am on FB a LOT.
 But I bet you being more of a rightie tend to focus on that 1 percent and stereotyping too many the left as saying that along with using the typical right wing stereotype "tolerant".

Hmm.  Couple of questions for tvguy.

1) What makes you assume GCG is not vaccinated?
2) What business is it of yours?

Just wondering.
(10-01-2021, 05:44 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 10:07 AM)tvguy Wrote: Nothing is simply going to just stop. The republican party has been over ran by zealots. It's the far right that Trump has emboldened that has an ugly crude personality. It's where the division comes from in my opinion.

Just wondering.

I'll chime in here. First, I didn't think tvguy was posting that to me. I think it was maybe meant for GP Native. For the record though, I did get vaccinated at the first opportunity, (last May or June). However, had it been "mandated" back then I would not have done it. I'm not a fan of being ordered around by anyone and I will almost always hunker down in the face of authority overstepping it's place. At the time I mostly did it because I figured if all the other illicit crap that I've ingested over the years didn't kill me, this vaccine wouldn't either. Looking back, I don't know if it was the smart move. I still have to wear the fuckin masks. And now they are talking about boosters and mandates. I'm not going to get into the politics of it here because I strongly feel that this forum is not conducive to open discourse.
(10-02-2021, 12:25 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 07:12 PM)GPnative Wrote: The zealot pendulum swings both ways, there are folks on the tolerant left that legit wish and hope for the death of the unvaxed. Reddit is full of some of the most vial hate ive seen. And you cant get through to them that opposing views do not make you a bad person and deserving of death.

Just wondering.

I'll chime in here. First, I didn't think tvguy was posting that to me. I think it was maybe meant for GP Native. For the record though, I did get vaccinated at the first opportunity, (last May or June). However, had it been "mandated" back then I would not have done it. I'm not a fan of being ordered around by anyone and I will almost always hunker down in the face of authority overstepping it's place. At the time I mostly did it because I figured if all the other illicit crap that I've ingested over the years didn't kill me, this vaccine wouldn't either. Looking back, I don't know if it was the smart move. I still have to wear the fuckin masks. And now they are talking about boosters and mandates. I'm not going to get into the politics of it here because I strongly feel that this forum is not conducive to open discourse.

You are right It was GP who made it somewhat clear he was opposed to the vaccine.
And I find it odd that your heath depends on whether or not you are being forced to get the vaccine rather than just doing research and seeing that the vast majority of medical experts recommend the vaccine and also took it themselves.

as far as your comment "Looking back, I don't know if it was the smart move"

Have you seen the data Asante puts out every day from their three hospitals? It shows that 90 percent or more people suffering from covid or dying in the hospitals refused to get the vaccine.
Personally I could care less about mandates because they don't affect me and IMO getting the vaccine is a no brainer.
as far as a booster. I don't see why that's a big deal. Millions of people get the flu shot every year.
And I can't see why the mask is a big deal. I wore mine to go get my laser surgery checkup and I drove several miles when I got out and forgot I was wearing the mask.
If I had to wear one all day long that would suck.
(09-29-2021, 10:07 AM)tvguy Wrote: Nothing is simply going to just stop. The republican party has been over ran by zealots. It's the far right that Trump has emboldened that has an ugly crude personality. It's where the division comes from in my opinion.

Just wondering.
Why do you care who I ask what? What business is it of yours?   We are anonymous on this forum. If someone does not want to answer a question they don't have to.

FB is not Reddit, so you compare apples to oranges here. I said Reddit and it is not rare there. I just said the pendulum goes both ways. I just hate one sided arguments with an implied high road when there are shitty people in both camps doing and saying shitty things. The left capitalized on the tolerant moniker, that is not a righty derived term. Truth is the most zealot of the lot are some of the least tolerant people in the country. They are only tolerant of people who agree with them.
(10-02-2021, 06:36 PM)GPnative Wrote:

FB is not Reddit, so you compare apples to oranges here. I said Reddit and it is not rare there. I just said the pendulum goes both ways. I just hate one sided arguments with an implied high road when there are shitty people in both camps doing and saying shitty things. The left capitalized on the tolerant moniker, that is not a righty derived term. Truth is the most zealot of the lot are some of the least tolerant people in the country. They are only tolerant of people who agree with them.
I don't do Reddit but from what I see it's no different than
FB

The left capitalized on the tolerant moniker, that is not a righty derived term.

That's funny because I am the left and of course I know a lot of people on the left. But the only time I ever hear the word tolerant its a right winger using the term tolerant left in a sarcastic manner
 As far as zealots yes there are those on the left and the right.
(10-03-2021, 02:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 07:12 PM)GPnative Wrote: The zealot pendulum swings both ways, there are folks on the tolerant left that legit wish and hope for the death of the unvaxed. Reddit is full of some of the most vial hate ive seen. And you cant get through to them that opposing views do not make you a bad person and deserving of death.

FB

The left capitalized on the tolerant moniker, that is not a righty derived term.

That's funny because I am the left and of course I know a lot of people on the left. But the only time I ever hear the word tolerant its a right winger using the term tolerant left in a sarcastic manner

Well of course the self important enlightened ones would never speak of it in their own circles, why would they.
(10-03-2021, 05:03 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 02:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 07:07 AM)tvguy Wrote: I have seen some people say they don't care if the unvaxed die or they deserve too. And I am on FB a LOT.

FB

Well of course the self important enlightened ones would never speak of it in their own circles, why would they.
  I'm not so sure what it even means that the left is tolerant. Like I said that always come from the right mocking the left.
But what are we supposed to be tolerant of or about? I just don't get it or why it's an insult.

Right now the self important people I see on social media are the ones who are anti science and think they know more than medical experts about the vaccine. And it's based on gossip.
I believe the natural immunity from having covid is as valid as the shot. Multiple studies worldwide have said so, and Italy has agreed, giving antibody tests the same weight as vaccination cards.

That IS science.
(10-04-2021, 07:10 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I believe the natural immunity from having covid is as valid as the shot.  Multiple studies worldwide have said so, and Italy has agreed, giving antibody tests the same weight as vaccination cards.

That IS science.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't factor in some immunity.
(10-04-2021, 09:30 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:10 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I believe the natural immunity from having covid is as valid as the shot.  Multiple studies worldwide have said so, and Italy has agreed, giving antibody tests the same weight as vaccination cards.

That IS science.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't factor in some immunity.

I was convinced at Italy.

Wink