killing of Ahmaud Arbery
From a quick look at FB today it seems like I am the only one who thinks one of the three men is not guilty of murder.
The guy following him is not IMO.
(11-24-2021, 02:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: From a quick look at FB today it seems like I am the only one who thinks one of the three men is not guilty of murder.

I didn't really follow this.  I know it was all over the news.  But, I didn't follow the case.  If he was there but didn't participate, why was he was there?  I REALLY don't know. I saw the gist of the case.  Even back when Rittenhouse first made history, I figured it wouldn't be found guilty, but in this case, I only know the general story.
(11-30-2021, 09:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 02:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: From a quick look at FB today it seems like I am the only one who thinks one of the three men is not guilty of murder.

I didn't really follow this.  I know it was all over the news.  But, I didn't follow the case.  If he was there but didn't participate, why was he was there?  I REALLY don't know. I saw the gist of the case.  Even back when Rittenhouse first made history, I figured it wouldn't be found guilty, but in this case, I only know the general story.
  Well the law is such that anyone involved in committing a crime like this case which was a murder is also guilty.

For instance if i drive a car for a bank robbery and I stay in the car while my friends rob a bank and kill someone. Then I am also guilty of murder, It's called felony murder or capital murder.

But in this case the guy driving the van had no clue there would be a crime committed especially a murder.So I don't see how he should be culpable and guilty of murder

The prosecutors say all three men conspired to commit murder. The shooting was obviously not planned The two McMichales should never have had guns pointing at anyone and had no clue Arbury would be foolish enough to try and take the shotgun away.
But they set what happened in to motion and they are responsible for what happened.

But the guy following and making the video (William "Roddie" Bryan)  was found guilty of three counts of felony murder, one count of aggravated assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of criminal attempt to commit a felony.

He did drive in front of Arbury in an unsuccessful attempt to stop him so that would account for the one count of false imprisonment  but aggravated assault??  or Murder???
(12-01-2021, 06:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well the law is such that anyone involved in committing a crime like this case which was a murder is also guilty.

For instance if i drive a car for a bank robbery and I stay in the car while my friends rob a bank and kill someone. Then I am also guilty of murder, It's called felony murder or capital murder.

But in this case the guy driving the van had no clue there would be a crime committed especially a murder.So I don't see how he should be culpable and guilty of murder

The prosecutors say all three men conspired to commit murder. The shooting was obviously not planned The two McMichales should never have had guns pointing at anyone and had no clue Arbury would be foolish enough to try and take the shotgun away.
But they set what happened in to motion and they are responsible for what happened.

But the guy following and making the video (William "Roddie" Bryan)  was found guilty of three counts of felony murder, one count of aggravated assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of criminal attempt to commit a felony.

He did drive in front of Arbury in an unsuccessful attempt to stop him so that would account for the one count of false imprisonment  but aggravated assault??  or Murder???

I remember a case where the person who was robbing the bank got shot and killed by the guard. They charged the guy sitting in the getaway car with death of his accomplice.
(12-02-2021, 09:37 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 06:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I remember a case where the person who was robbing the bank got shot and killed by the guard. They charged the guy sitting in the getaway car with death of his accomplice.
Yes exactly. I know of a case where 4 or 5 teens got together and decided to burglarize a mans house. They saw the mans wallet on his kitchen table. So one of them went in and it turns out the man was home and the man shot and killed the teen.
Since all of the teens were in on it the prosecutors charged every one of them with felony murder.

Anyway this Bryan guy was only following and didn't even know a crime was about to be committed.