Do people get upset easier now days than in the past?
On Marketplace this guy was parting out a 2005 Subaru Impreza. I have a 2007 and I know only 2006 and 2007 Impreza's have a grill like the one pictured.
So this is how it went Rolling Eyes He calls me a smart ass and in the same sentence admits I was right???

[Image: people.jpg]
People refuse to admit when their wrong.
(01-18-2022, 05:34 PM)BeerMe Wrote: People refuse to admit when their wrong.

Let's Go Brandon!

But let me beat the grammar Nazis. It's "they're", not "their".
Yes. Definitely. Courtesy and manners are out the window. I find myself, being overly courteous to people now.
(01-18-2022, 09:09 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yes. Definitely.  Courtesy and manners are out the window.  I find myself, being overly courteous to people now.

I over tip, and commend everyone who showed up to work their shift.
(01-18-2022, 09:09 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yes. Definitely.  Courtesy and manners are out the window.  I find myself, being overly courteous to people now.

Yes Courtesy and manners are out the window. As we can witness right here.........

"Let's Go Brandon!

But let me beat the grammar Nazis. It's "they're", not "their"."

So tell me SD what was the point in using your hillbilly "Let's go Brandon" comment?
I know what you mean.
It's like unless you overdo the sugar and sweet with smile emojis you are going to be bitched at.
(01-19-2022, 11:42 AM)tvguy Wrote:
I know what you mean.
It's like unless you overdo the sugar and sweet with smile emojis you are going to be bitched at.

Yes.  Even in person though, I find myself being elaborately polite. Nothing wrong with that. I have a terrible Resting Bitchy Face that just sets people off at times, so I have to counteract that.  Masks are kind of a blessing.
(01-19-2022, 11:39 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes Courtesy and manners are out the window. As we can witness right here.........

"Let's Go Brandon!

But let me beat the grammar Nazis. It's "they're", not "their"."

So tell me SD what was the point in using your hillbilly "Let's go Brandon" comment?

"Let's go Brandon" is just thinly concealed rudeness.  I saw someone at Food 4 Less, a woman, with "Let's go Brandon" in handwritten signs in red marker, taped all over her torso.  I should have taken a picture, but I think THAT'S rude, so I didn't.
Recently, I was in a FB group and they were talking about the skyrocketing price of meat prices. I said, well, maybe it's a time to learn to eat less meat. Not in an accusing way.. Just as a way to counteract prices. And besides, you might learn some really delicious and healthy alternatives. The admin came in and said I was aggressively demeaning people for eating meat. Well, alright-y then, enjoy your $22.00 a pound steak. Have at it. It was just a suggestion.
(01-19-2022, 10:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: Recently, I was in a FB group and they were talking about the skyrocketing price of meat prices.  I said, well, maybe it's a time to learn to eat less meat.  Not in an accusing way..  Just as a way to counteract prices. And besides, you might learn some really delicious and healthy alternatives.  The admin came in and said I was aggressively demeaning people for eating meat.  Well, alright-y then, enjoy your $22.00 a pound steak.  Have at it. It was just a suggestion.
 It seems like a LOT of meat eaters have this idea that someone wants to take away their meat if anyone dares to suggest an alternative.
Exactly the same with a LOT of people (especially on the right) who get very defensive if any kind of alternate energy is proposed.
They all think someone wants to to take their car or truck away tomorrow and MAKE them drive a Prius.
Pertaining to the guy who got upset and called me a smart ass. I looked at his profile  and he's just a kid. Smiling
No excuse though.
(01-18-2022, 08:54 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 05:34 PM)BeerMe Wrote: People refuse to admit when their wrong.

Let's Go Brandon!

But let me beat the grammar Nazis. It's "they're", not "their".
The "Let's Go, Brandon" trash... which one are you?
[Image: e83d84c04cfc5b7b2983ce8e1a19b61c.jpg][Image: fb179b82322c932156417ba7fde42986.jpg][Image: b5a07636377b567ba3271034eb925892.jpg][Image: 5ed83891ea10ff17fe2c80f3a0cfe432.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(01-19-2022, 10:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: Recently, I was in a FB group and they were talking about the skyrocketing price of meat prices. I said, well, maybe it's a time to learn to eat less meat. Not in an accusing way.. Just as a way to counteract prices. And besides, you might learn some really delicious and healthy alternatives. The admin came in and said I was aggressively demeaning people for eating meat. Well, alright-y then, enjoy your $22.00 a pound steak. Have at it. It was just a suggestion.
An acquaintance of mine on FB was (in one post) bitching about having to pay $100 for a Prime Rib to cook for Christmas... and (in the next post) raving about how excited she was for their 2 week trip to Costa Rica.

I told her she was damn lucky that she could afford to buy that slab of beast... many would never be able to even consider it. Seriously, do they not understand how ridiculous they sound?

1st World Problems of the White Privileged.

Disgusting!

(01-20-2022, 05:07 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 10:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: Recently, I was in a FB group and they were talking about the skyrocketing price of meat prices.  I said, well, maybe it's a time to learn to eat less meat.  Not in an accusing way..  Just as a way to counteract prices. And besides, you might learn some really delicious and healthy alternatives.  The admin came in and said I was aggressively demeaning people for eating meat.  Well, alright-y then, enjoy your $22.00 a pound steak.  Have at it. It was just a suggestion.
An acquaintance of mine on FB was (in one post)  bitching about having to pay $100 for a Prime Rib to cook for Christmas... and (in the next post) raving about how excited she was for their 2 week trip to Costa Rica.

I told her she was damn lucky that she could afford to buy that slab of beast... many would never be able to even consider it. Seriously, do they not understand how ridiculous they sound?

1st World Problems of the White Privileged.

Disgusting! 

It's hilarious when people out themselves for being so entitled and or hypocrites. Face book is world wide. I often wonder what people in other developed countries think when they read posts like the one you mentioned.

Or when the news shows groups of people anywhere in the USA and so many are so over weight.
(01-20-2022, 01:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
 It seems like a LOT of meat eaters have this idea that someone wants to take away their meat if anyone dares to suggest an alternative.
Exactly the same with a LOT of people (especially on the right) who get very defensive if any kind of alternate energy is proposed.
They all think someone wants to to take their car or truck away tomorrow and MAKE them drive a Prius.

You are right. The same reaction to both.