Where's all the smoke
Last year there were tons of people who were positive southern Oregon will never be the same and that every summer the smoke will choke us out.
Well they were wrong Laughing

The only thing stopping me from going out is the heat. I stay up late and then sleep in. By the time I get up it's too hot to do anything but water my plants. No not MJ bushes trees bamboo.
No MJ this year I still have a ton from last year.
You posted too soon
I didn't grow any hemp plants this year either, still had some from last year, and based on all the abandoned hemp farms I was not alone! There must of been a lot of people that lost their shirts on that bubble. The only hemp farms I even noticed this year were a couple off of I5 near Sunny Valley. I'm sure there's more but compared to the year when everywhere you turned was a hemp farm, it collapsed.

Wonder how the folks out in Sam's Valley that took out all their wonderful blueberry and raspberry u-pick plants to convert to hemp that now sits empty and barren this year feel about that decision....
(08-30-2022, 12:47 PM)GPnative Wrote: You posted too soon

That's a fact. It's terrible right now I can't see two miles.
(08-30-2022, 12:58 PM)GPnative Wrote: I didn't grow any hemp plants this year either, still had some from last year, and based on all the abandoned hemp farms I was not alone! There must of been a lot of people that lost their shirts on that bubble. The only hemp farms I even noticed this year were a couple off of I5 near Sunny Valley. I'm sure there's more but compared to the year when everywhere you turned was a hemp farm, it collapsed.

Wonder how the folks out in Sam's Valley that took out all their wonderful blueberry and raspberry u-pick plants to convert to hemp that now sits empty and barren this year feel about that decision....

They are probably kicking themselves in the ass.

"There must of been a lot of people that lost their shirts on that bubble"
For sure I think I read it was more than half. and that some committed suicide.
(09-02-2022, 05:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 12:58 PM)GPnative Wrote: I didn't grow any hemp plants this year either, still had some from last year, and based on all the abandoned hemp farms I was not alone! There must of been a lot of people that lost their shirts on that bubble. The only hemp farms I even noticed this year were a couple off of I5 near Sunny Valley. I'm sure there's more but compared to the year when everywhere you turned was a hemp farm, it collapsed.

They are probably kicking themselves in the ass.

"There must of been a lot of people that lost their shirts on that bubble"
For sure I think I read it was more than half. and that some committed suicide.

Article in yesterdays payer says acreage of hemp planted in the state is down 95% And only 1 in 7 farmers who planted hemp in 2019 are still growing it today. In 2019, 64,000 acres were licensed to be planted, this year 3,250.
The Lookout on YouTube is a good resource for fire info. Interesting stuff.
(09-16-2022, 08:27 PM)Juniper Wrote: The Lookout on YouTube is a good resource for fire info. Interesting stuff.

How do I find it?
(09-17-2022, 06:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 08:27 PM)Juniper Wrote: The Lookout on YouTube is a good resource for fire info. Interesting stuff.

How do I find it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl0Jt1y-PacIt's on YouTube https://the-lookout.org/
Right about this time of year I start looking forward to some cool wet weather, hot stew for dinner and the pitter patter of rain on the roof.
(09-28-2022, 10:22 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Right about this time of year I start looking forward to some cool wet weather, hot stew for dinner and the pitter patter of rain on the roof.
Yes!

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
(09-28-2022, 10:22 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Right about this time of year I start looking forward to some cool wet weather, hot stew for dinner and the pitter patter of rain on the roof.

It seems odd to have to post a reply to just say I like your comment Laughing

I would add to that I am looking forward to the first crackling fire in the woodstove of the season. Of course, I am not quite ready yet I need to clean the chimney this weekend, but after that, bring on fall!
(10-04-2022, 07:50 AM)GPnative Wrote:

I would add to that I am looking forward to the first crackling fire in the woodstove of the season. Of course, I am not quite ready yet I need to clean the chimney this weekend, but after that, bring on fall!

I still have my pellet stove but I found out that almost all of the time with normal winter I can heat my house with a stupid little 1500 watt electric heater.
And for pretty much the same cost as buying pellets. I found out because I ran out of pellets for a few days and just used the little heater instead.