Movies!
cletus1 Wrote:Oh yeah, well I did see Brokeback Mountain and I was not disgusted. There are only a few scenes with the Characters kissing. God damn it, if two straight men can kiss on stage without puking then the least you can do is see the damn movie! Laughing

But then I am very secure in my own sexuality so I don't make a big deal out of two men kissing unlike some of the manly men posting here. Laughing
I haven't been in a theater in over 5 years and that was to see the Corporation flick. I don't know if you have ever come across aggressive homosexuals who like to put it in your face. I have had my share of witnessing some spectacular repetitious performances I suppose it could be considered as offensive and illegal as hetero aggressiveness . Popular Culture is an orgy where there are a number of interconnected stages . Everyone's sex is on parade and they all have more in common than they do differences. It is all offensive and it affects children negatively. So there you go Cletus these are my two posts to you today. One about health care we disagree on as far as outcome goes , and this issue. Human's like to advertise their lifestyles in order to promote them what ever those styles are. I promote a lifestyle that involves a human's right to privacy. I'm not interested in public displays of affection , less is more. Smiling
cletus1 Wrote:Oh yeah, well I did see Brokeback Mountain and I was not disgusted. There are only a few scenes with the Characters kissing. God damn it, if two straight men can kiss on stage without puking then the least you can do is see the damn movie! Laughing

But then I am very secure in my own sexuality so I don't make a big deal out of two men kissing unlike some of the manly men posting here. Laughing

Is that a good movie review?, you were not disgusted Laughing
tvguy Wrote:

Why would anyone but a gay person want to see a movie about a couple of queer cowboys? It's supposed to be inspiring as well as to break down perceived stereo types of cowboys. Why don't they break down stereotypes of Politicians and Judges ? How about a movie about the Bohemian Grove and fraternal orders including the black ones ?
Jesus Christ Wrote:
tvguy Wrote:

Why would anyone but a gay person want to see a movie about a couple of queer cowboys? It's supposed to be inspiring as well as to break down perceived stereo types of cowboys. Why don't they break down stereotypes of Politicians and Judges ? How about a movie about the Bohemian Grove and fraternal orders including the black ones ?

Sure, make those movies too.
I saw "Brokeback". I didn't puke. The scene I remember most is a great sheep dog working the flock. Amazing! Yea, the kissing was a bit much. Maybe I'm not as secure as Clete is. Come to think about it, Clete is kinda cute if you like pudgy guys who bore you with too much intellectual crap. But I'm hopeless...I wanna share my tent with Tia Darlin'.
tvguy Wrote:
Quote:I don't think of myself as homophobic. Gay men don't bother me but that doesn't mean I want to watch them make out. I'm neither for nor against gay marriage. I just don't care. There are plenty of movies that I have no interest in seeing... and for plenty of different reasons. While its true that the reason that I would not watch Brokeback Mountain is because it is centered around gay men... not wanting to see it hardly defines me as homophobic

That is EXACTLY what I saw just going to say to Tia. Holy crap Tia the concept that some men don't want to watch a movie about Gay cowboys doesn't seem hard to grasp. You sure are making a gay leap connecting the dots to make homophobia.

Quote:TiaInterestingly, I have found so many men who swear they are not homophobic, refuse to see this movie. Hmmmm...It was a very good movie and for many of the same reasons that Lonesome Dove was.
"Hmmmmm" you say as if you are on to something Laughing It aint got nuttin to do with being homophobic and everything to do with gay cowboys sounding like shit poor entertainment Laughing especially in a freaking western.

If it was a movie about midget cowboys I probably wouldn't want to watch that either

Yet you loved Lonesome Dove. Like I said, it had many of the same good characteristics of that movie, and I think you just proved my point.
Tia Wrote:
tvguy Wrote:
Quote:I don't think of myself as homophobic. Gay men don't bother me but that doesn't mean I want to watch them make out. I'm neither for nor against gay marriage. I just don't care. There are plenty of movies that I have no interest in seeing... and for plenty of different reasons. While its true that the reason that I would not watch Brokeback Mountain is because it is centered around gay men... not wanting to see it hardly defines me as homophobic

That is EXACTLY what I saw just going to say to Tia. Holy crap Tia the concept that some men don't want to watch a movie about Gay cowboys doesn't seem hard to grasp. You sure are making a gay leap connecting the dots to make homophobia.

Quote:TiaInterestingly, I have found so many men who swear they are not homophobic, refuse to see this movie. Hmmmm...It was a very good movie and for many of the same reasons that Lonesome Dove was.
"Hmmmmm" you say as if you are on to something Laughing It aint got nuttin to do with being homophobic and everything to do with gay cowboys sounding like shit poor entertainment Laughing especially in a freaking western.

If it was a movie about midget cowboys I probably wouldn't want to watch that either

Yet you loved Lonesome Dove. Like I said, it had many of the same good characteristics of that movie, and I think you just proved my point.

What Point Tia, I never once said that I might not actually like a lot of the movie. I was just defending those who decided not to watch the movie.

Your "point" was that just maybe...Hmmmmm, men who don't want to see gay cowboys are afraid of homosexuals is absurd. You might hear me talk about supporting gay people to have the same rights as everyone else and surmised that I wouldn't mind seeing them kissing.

You would be dead wrong, I think it's repulsive as do most normal males and I have absolutely no desire to see any of it.
I am not 'comfortable' with it either. Didn't make it a bad movie. Anyway, it's just my opinion.
Tia Wrote:I am not 'comfortable' with it either. Didn't make it a bad movie. Anyway, it's just my opinion.
You know I am gonna call bullshit here. Since when does the word "opinion " imply an all out alliance with gut reaction ? This is an example of sweeping it under the rug . I have a valid point here , even two millenia ago Paul referred to natural versus unnatural attractions and sexual intercourse within the Greek construct of the times. If we are to interpret unabashed progressive version then in a few year time we will be seeing man literally copulating with machines and accepting implants as routine. Make no mistake a machine can be made to be implanted with a human and give that person all the chemically /electronically induced ecstasy they can contain. The problem is it is intertwined with killing folks. If a perfect drug that didn't take a toll on the human body could be made , the human race would nuke itself within months. Bi polar induced self destruction. Peopel arent born bi polar , they are slowly pushed towards the condition. The gub is doing it.They knew this back in 1950. Think tanks conducted the thought experiments to completion. THEY KNEW. Just push on societies boundries in an unnatural way left , then right , left, then right. Flipping child's play.

Tom where the hell are you ? Sad
Jesus Christ Wrote:
Tia Wrote:I am not 'comfortable' with it either. Didn't make it a bad movie. Anyway, it's just my opinion.
You know I am gonna call bullshit here. Since when does the word "opinion " imply an all out alliance with gut reaction ? This is an example of sweeping it under the rug . I have a valid point here , even two millenia ago Paul referred to natural versus unnatural attractions and sexual intercourse within the Greek construct of the times. If we are to interpret unabashed progressive version then in a few year time we will be seeing man literally copulating with machines and accepting implants as routine. Make no mistake a machine can be made to be implanted with a human and give that person all the chemically /electronically induced ecstasy they can contain. The problem is it is intertwined with killing folks. If a perfect drug that didn't take a toll on the human body could be made , the human race would nuke itself within months. Bi polar induced self destruction. Peopel arent born bi polar , they are slowly pushed towards the condition. The gub is doing it.They knew this back in 1950. Think tanks conducted the thought experiments to completion. THEY KNEW. Just push on societies boundries in an unnatural way left , then right , left, then right. Flipping child's play.

LOL...you have not seen my bumper sticker, PC.
Tia Wrote:
Jesus Christ Wrote:

LOL...you have not seen my bumper sticker, PC.
What ?????
Deus qualem Paulus creavit de nagatio.
Tia Wrote:Deus qualem Paulus creavit de nagatio.
Bitch Smiling Paul hated the catholic church before it was even born.Care to dispute that ?
Jesus Christ Wrote:
Bitch Smiling Paul hated the catholic church before it was even born.Care to dispute that ?

LOL. Laughing Well, really Catholicism has nothing to do with it. They just perfected it.
Tia Wrote:
Jesus Christ Wrote:

LOL. Laughing Well, really Catholicism has nothing to do with it. They just perfected it.
Most homo clergy I know hate Paul.Duh
Jesus Christ Wrote:
Tia Wrote:
Jesus Christ Wrote:Bitch Smiling Paul hated the catholic church before it was even born.Care to dispute that ?

Oh. Well, it really isn't about homosexuality. Just Paul.
Tia Wrote:
Jesus Christ Wrote:
Tia Wrote:LOL. Laughing Well, really Catholicism has nothing to do with it. They just perfected it.

Ok Tia I just so happened to start into Romans 1 today. Tell you what put your paragraphs where your mouth is. Just what is it you have against Paul, and please be specific.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9Vhv4akxc&feature=related[/youtube]
Jesus Christ Wrote:
Tia Wrote:
Jesus Christ Wrote:Most homo clergy I know hate Paul.Duh

Ok Tia I just so happened to start into Romans 1 today. Tell you what put your paragraphs where your mouth is. Just what is it you have against Paul, and please be specific.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9Vhv4akxc&feature=related[/youtube]

I've never cared for Paul. I think Paul was a major mover of Christianity, but I think he missed Jesus's boat.
Tia Wrote:
Jesus Christ Wrote:
Tia Wrote:Oh. Well, it really isn't about homosexuality. Just Paul.

I've never cared for Paul. I think Paul was a major mover of Christianity, but I think he missed Jesus's boat.
Ah but Tia that is the whole point. He didn't give up the goods. He only imprisoned the gentiles to Jesus coming back and slapping them in the face if they were imperialists. A bitch like you knows that as good mojo. At least on Jesus part for not letting Paul in on everything. Then again what have you against Corinthians on love eh ? It is his confession . Wink Paul killed first and then made up for it. He was then beheaded supposedly while Rome was burning. You cant possibly compare contemporary fat cats be they poor or rich in comparison to what the times and trials consisted of back then. Those kinds of punishment are yet to come home to the US but they are near. I have refrained form the f word I say it now.Fuck We the People as the current body politic interprets it. I hope they all die and I would happily see Nancy Pelosi die in the the Colosseum torn by wild animals.She was a Roman Noble back int the day of Rome's high life. Let her be burned and dismembered, she is reprobate cum guzzling ass licking pagan trash cunt .Fuck them all be they Republican or Democrat ..Bring on the Ghost dance baby Smiling The souls of the reprobate settlers who broke the sacred trust will be slaughtered.Dept Home Security cat touch me with a ten foot pole and they know it. Cool

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

If I speak in the tongues of men and angels,
but have not love,
I have become sounding brass or a tinkling symbol.

And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.

And if I dole out all my goods, and
if I deliver my body that I may boast
but have not love, nothing I am profited.

Love is long suffering,
love is kind,
it is not jealous,
love does not boast,
it is not inflated.

It is not discourteous,
it is not selfish,
it is not irritable,
it does not enumerate the evil.
It does not rejoice over the wrong, but rejoices in the truth

It covers all things,
it has faith for all things,
it hopes in all things,
it endures in all things.

Love never falls in ruins;
but whether prophecies, they will be abolished; or
tongues, they will cease; or
knowledge, it will be superseded.

For we know in part and we prophecy in part.

But when the perfect comes, the imperfect will be superseded.

When I was an infant,
I spoke as an infant,
I reckoned as an infant;

when I became [an adult],
I abolished the things of the infant.

For now we see through a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know as also I was fully known.

But now remains
faith, hope, love,

these three;

but the greatest of these is love.
He may have slapped the imperialist, but he slapped the fledgling Christians also.
Tia Wrote:He may have slapped the imperialist, but he slapped the fledgling Christians also.
Ok so your saying that his letters do the same thing ? They slap fledglings ? How do you compare Peter's version of the Teaching ? How about John's ? Were they all out to snuff fledglings hopes ?