Movies!
(11-29-2017, 03:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 07:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Well Juniper, (and others) 
Denzel Washington's new movie "Roman J. Israel Esq" is playing at the Varsity in Ashland. No doubt a little too "artsy" for Tinseltown? 
What are the odds it will come to Medford?

Looks like a lousy movie based on the reviews. Works for me. I've been sick of Denzel for a long time.

I feel that way about Johnny Depp.
(11-29-2017, 07:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 03:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 07:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Well Juniper, (and others) 
Denzel Washington's new movie "Roman J. Israel Esq" is playing at the Varsity in Ashland. No doubt a little too "artsy" for Tinseltown? 
What are the odds it will come to Medford?

Looks like a lousy movie based on the reviews. Works for me. I've been sick of Denzel for a long time.

I feel that way about Johnny Depp.
LOL  I also feel that way about Samuel L Jackson but I didn't want to sound like a racist Razz

The same with Nicolis Cage ( a long time ago) and Matthew McConaughey is getting old.
"And now for something completely different" (with apologies to Monty Python) 

"The Homesman" on Netflix. Tommy Lee Jones and Hillary Swank in a dark, slow moving, tale of the midwest when it was hard, brutal and unforgiving. Not sure why I was so drawn to this, but I was.

"Three Billboards" opening today at Tinseltown. I enjoy story's * about people, interaction and plot so think I'll go out into the cold and see this. We never know what we are going to get with Woody Harrelson but he can bust out with outstanding performances at times. Francis McDormand seems to always do good work. Sam Rockwell backing them up and he has turned in good performances for a long time. (Sam Rockwell: He was the Lead actor in a movie titled "Moon", 2009, and if you stumble upon it I'd recommend it) 

* Story's or Stories? Somebody help me out here: My 6th grade education fails me.  Embarrassed
Wonky and I were the main ones to really use this thread, for the most part....now my movie partner is gone.....

Darkest Hour has some very fine acting in it by all the actors. Kristen Scott Thomas is a very accomplished actress and I'm a big Gary Oldman fan. I thought he really shone in this. And wore all those prosthesis well. There were some points where the film seemed a bit contrived but not the acting.I hope he gets some kind of recognition for this role because it was very well done.
(12-22-2017, 05:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wonky and I were the main ones to really use this thread, for the most part....now my movie partner is gone.....

Darkest Hour has some very fine acting in it by all the actors.  Kristen Scott Thomas is a very accomplished actress and I'm a big Gary Oldman fan. I thought he really shone in this. And wore all those prosthesis well. There were some points where the film seemed a bit contrived but not the acting.I hope he gets some kind of recognition for this role because it was very well done.

The movie has good ratings. I've never heard or see Gary Oldman before. You must have gone to a theater to see this?
I pretty much don't go to theaters. Other than you I don't know who else here does.
(12-23-2017, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 05:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wonky and I were the main ones to really use this thread, for the most part....now my movie partner is gone.....

Darkest Hour has some very fine acting in it by all the actors.  Kristen Scott Thomas is a very accomplished actress and I'm a big Gary Oldman fan. I thought he really shone in this. And wore all those prosthesis well. There were some points where the film seemed a bit contrived but not the acting.I hope he gets some kind of recognition for this role because it was very well done.

The movie has good ratings. I've never heard or see Gary Oldman before. You must have gone to a theater to see this?
I pretty much don't go to theaters. Other than you I don't know who else here does.
We do! We go to an old theatre in our downtown area... they serve food and beer, wine, cider. And they have a gentleman in a suit and gloves holding a silver platter with mints on your way out. It's a fun place.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

We do, but they are always kids movies like Trolls, Sing or Minions. lol
(12-23-2017, 03:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

We do! We go to an old theatre in our downtown area... they serve food and beer, wine, cider. And they have a gentleman in a suit and gloves holding a silver platter with mints on your way out. It's a fun place.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
That sounds like fun. Except instead of drinking beer, wine and cider I would just choose one Razz
(12-23-2017, 04:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I get it, when my grandkids were young I saw Shreck about a million times Razz
(12-23-2017, 04:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

So just the high brow stuff?

I love going to the movies. I just don't think the local theater plays much good.  Now...You've never heard of Gary Oldman? Surprised   WTH??  He's one of my favorite actors.  But he's not a a superstar, just a very good actor who's been in like a bazillion films.
(12-23-2017, 07:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I love going to the movies. I just don't think the local theater plays much good.  Now...You've never heard of Gary Oldman? Surprised   WTH??  He's one of my favorite actors.  But he's not a a superstar, just a very good actor who's been in like a bazillion films.
 it's just this photo they used on Rotten tomatoes. As soon as I googled images of him and saw a different pic I knew exactly who he was.
I always liked him too. I just never knew his name

[Image: 2nqtc75.jpg]
(12-23-2017, 07:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:

it's just this photo they used on Rotten tomatoes. As soon as I googled images of him and saw a different pic I knew exactly who he was.

I just watched him playing Sid Vicious the other day.  He's really a small guy.  Odd to have him playing Churchill who was such a lumbering man.
(12-23-2017, 08:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I just watched him playing Sid Vicious the other day.  He's really a small guy.  Odd to have him playing Churchill who was such a lumbering man.
 I think of Churchill as a chubby man not a big guy.. edit I looked it up he was only 5'6" LOL Gary Oldman is 3 in taller LOL
(12-23-2017, 08:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: The movie has good ratings. I've never heard or see Gary Oldman before. You must have gone to a theater to see this?

I think of Churchill as a chubby man not a big guy.. edit I looked it up he was only 5'6" LOL Gary Oldman is 3 in taller LOL
I thought I'd seen public pictures of him in groups and he seemed taller. Could be my imagine. Anyway, Oldman wore it well.
(12-23-2017, 08:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 07:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: I love going to the movies. I just don't think the local theater plays much good.  Now...You've never heard of Gary Oldman? Surprised   WTH??  He's one of my favorite actors.  But he's not a a superstar, just a very good actor who's been in like a bazillion films.

I thought I'd seen public pictures of him in groups and he seemed taller. Could be my imagine. Anyway, Oldman wore it well.

I heard one of the guys on Bob and Tom say "I'm  putting on weight for a movie".............

"I'm going to watch" Laughing Laughing Laughing
(12-23-2017, 08:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 07:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:  it's just this photo they used on Rotten tomatoes. As soon as I googled images of him and saw a different pic I knew exactly who he was.

I heard one of the guys on Bob and Tom say "I'm  putting on weight for a movie".............

Still listening to those two?  Anyway, for Oldman it was prothesis not weight gain.
(12-24-2017, 10:13 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 08:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: I just watched him playing Sid Vicious the other day.  He's really a small guy.  Odd to have him playing Churchill who was such a lumbering man.

Still listening to those two?  Anyway, for Oldman it was prothesis not weight gain.
OK OK. I just thought it was funny as hell and BTW "makeup" is easier to spell.

No I don't listen to them anymore. That was on a commercial on 95.7. And I rarely listen to that station because they play the same worn out songs over and over.
(12-24-2017, 02:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 10:13 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 08:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:  I think of Churchill as a chubby man not a big guy.. edit I looked it up he was only 5'6" LOL Gary Oldman is 3 in taller LOL

OK OK. I just thought it was funny as hell and BTW "makeup" is easier to spell.

No I don't listen to them anymore. That was on a commercial on 95.7. And I rarely listen to that station because they play the same worn out songs over and over.
Yeah they do.  I'm all NPR now. Occasionally I'll listen to 106.5 or something that plays some classics, sometimes and some other artists also.
I hadn't listened since Bob retired because it seemed he was who I most identified with.
I listened a couple of weeks ago. Because Tom's little girl had brain surgery which was successful.
Bob came in for 1 day! I haven't listened since.