Movies!
Just finished Babel. One of the more interesting and well done movies I've seen. I almost lost interest at the beginning, but was REALLY glad I pushed through. 

I've been exposed to Mexican, Arab and Japanese culture so this movie may have touched me more than if I hadn't, but give it a try it's super well done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449467/
Awards: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449467/awards?ref_=tt_awd
(01-13-2018, 11:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Just finished Babel. One of the more interesting and well done movies I've seen. I almost lost interest at the beginning, but was REALLY glad I pushed through. 

I've been exposed to Mexican, Arab and Japanese culture so this movie may have touched me more than if I hadn't, but give it a try it's super well done.

I've been exposed to Mexican, Arab and Japanese culture

Me too. I eat at Taco Bell a lot. Ahab the Arab was the first record I bought. And the last Samurai with Tommy cruise is my favo movie.
(01-13-2018, 11:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Just finished Babel. One of the more interesting and well done movies I've seen. I almost lost interest at the beginning, but was REALLY glad I pushed through. 

Yeah?  I found Babel to be truly depressing. I was all in, till the end.
I wonder who will see this one. I can guess.

https://www.deathofanationmovie.com/
(08-02-2018, 07:42 PM)Juniper Wrote: I wonder who will see this one. I can guess.

Great reviews!!... not

Critic Reviews for Death of a Nation
All Critics (10) | Top Critics (7) | Fresh (0) | Rotten (10)

D'Souza quotes Hitler (played by Pavel Kríz) in one scene as saying, "if you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." It's a concept D'Souza has taken to heart.
August 3, 2018 | Rating: D- | Full Review…
[Image: v1.YzsyNzUwO2c7MTc3NzU7MTIwMDsxNTA7MTUw]
Adam Graham
Detroit News
Top Critic

If ever there was a movie that looked as if it had been slapped together in a couple of weeks as part of a quid pro quo agreement involving a dubious-seeming criminal pardon, Death of a Nation is that film.
August 2, 2018 | Rating: 0/4 | Full Review…
[Image: user.none.tmb.jpg]
Peter Sobczynski
RogerEbert.com
Top Critic

No one expects, of course, that D'Souza would make a thoughtful, balanced or historically accurate documentary. But is it unreasonable to hope that he make one that doesn't bore the pants off us?
July 31, 2018 | Full Review…
Frank Scheck
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic

If nothing else, Death of a Nation makes it clear that the lies are bigger than ever, and we can't afford to pretend they're going to stop any time soon.
July 31, 2018 | Rating: F | Full Review…
[Image: v1.YzsyNjk4O2c7MTc3NzU7MTIwMDsxNTA7MTUw]
David Ehrlich
indieWire
Top Critic

In "Death of a Nation," Dinesh D'Souza is no longer preaching to the choir; he's preaching to the mentally unsound.
[Image: v1.YzsyNzE4O2c7MTc3NzU7MTIwMDsxNTA7MTUw]
Owen Gleiberman
Variety
Top Critic

D'Souza fails, as ever, to make an argument that would resonate outside the QAnon echo chamber.
Vadim Rizov
AV Club
Top Critic

There's a shamelessness at work here that's frightening, and one can't help but wonder if D'Souza believes some of the nonsense he's retailing or if he's just discovered a lucrative revenue stream.
August 3, 2018 | Rating: 67/100 | Full Review…
[Image: v1.YzsxNzM3O2o7MTc3NzU7MTIwMDszODszMQ]
Philip Martin
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Great stuff if you're drinking the Kool-Aid, but to a sane person, it seems like a fantasy.
August 2, 2018 | Rating: 0.5/5 | Full Review…
Josh Kupecki
Austin Chronicle

Often unfocused with too many generalizations, oversimplifications, and a very weak central thesis comparing Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln. It might change the way you look at fascism, but it won't change the way you look at Trump.
August 1, 2018 | Rating: 4.25425345388/10 | Full Review…
[Image: v1.YzsxODE3O2c7MTc3NzU7MTIwMDszODs0Mg]
Avi Offer
NYC Movie Guru

D'Souza fans and Trump apologists will flock to this, misguided moths to a misleading flame. In that way, it's a perfect representation o
(08-03-2018, 12:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 07:42 PM)Juniper Wrote: I wonder who will see this one. I can guess.

Great reviews!!... not

D'Souza quotes Hitler (played by Pavel Kríz) in one scene as saying, "if you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." It's a concept D'Souza has taken to heart.
Adam Graham
Detroit News
Top Critic

If ever there was a movie that looked as if it had been slapped together in a couple of weeks as part of a quid pro quo agreement involving a dubious-seeming criminal pardon, Death of a Nation is that film.
Peter Sobczynski
RogerEbert.com
Top Critic

No one expects, of course, that D'Souza would make a thoughtful, balanced or historically accurate documentary. But is it unreasonable to hope that he make one that doesn't bore the pants off us?
Frank Scheck
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic

If nothing else, Death of a Nation makes it clear that the lies are bigger than ever, and we can't afford to pretend they're going to stop any time soon.
David Ehrlich
indieWire
Top Critic

In "Death of a Nation," Dinesh D'Souza is no longer preaching to the choir; he's preaching to the mentally unsound.
Owen Gleiberman
Variety
Top Critic

D'Souza fails, as ever, to make an argument that would resonate outside the QAnon echo chamber.
Vadim Rizov
AV Club
Top Critic

There's a shamelessness at work here that's frightening, and one can't help but wonder if D'Souza believes some of the nonsense he's retailing or if he's just discovered a lucrative revenue stream.
Philip Martin

Great stuff if you're drinking the Kool-Aid, but to a sane person, it seems like a fantasy.
Josh Kupecki
Austin Chronicle

Often unfocused with too many generalizations, oversimplifications, and a very weak central thesis comparing Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln. It might change the way you look at fascism, but it won't change the way you look at Trump.
Avi Offer
NYC Movie Guru

D'Souza fans and Trump apologists will flock to this, misguided moths to a misleading flame. In that way, it's a perfect representation o

Well, I'm fairly certain at least a couple of members here will see it or approve of it without seeing it.
(08-03-2018, 02:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Great reviews!!... not

Adam Graham
Detroit News
Top Critic

Peter Sobczynski
RogerEbert.com
Top Critic

Frank Scheck
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic

David Ehrlich
indieWire
Top Critic

Owen Gleiberman
Variety
Top Critic

Vadim Rizov
AV Club
Top Critic

Philip Martin

Josh Kupecki
Austin Chronicle

Avi Offer
NYC Movie Guru

Well, I'm fairly certain at least a couple of members here will see it or approve of it without seeing it.

Of course. The audience approval rating was 71% who likes it. Well of course because ONLY trump fans would go see the movie.
(08-03-2018, 02:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Great reviews!!... not

Adam Graham
Detroit News
Top Critic

Peter Sobczynski
RogerEbert.com
Top Critic

Frank Scheck
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic

David Ehrlich
indieWire
Top Critic

Owen Gleiberman
Variety
Top Critic

Vadim Rizov
AV Club
Top Critic

Philip Martin

Josh Kupecki
Austin Chronicle

Avi Offer
NYC Movie Guru

Of course. The audience approval rating was 71% who likes it. Well of course because ONLY trump fans would go see the movie.

Well, that audience. I'll wait for Rotten Tomatoes.
(08-03-2018, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Great reviews!!... not

Adam Graham
Detroit News
Top Critic

Peter Sobczynski
RogerEbert.com
Top Critic

Frank Scheck
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic

David Ehrlich
indieWire
Top Critic

Owen Gleiberman
Variety
Top Critic

Vadim Rizov
AV Club
Top Critic

Philip Martin

Josh Kupecki
Austin Chronicle

Avi Offer
NYC Movie Guru

Oh sorry I forgot to tell you those reviews were from Rotten Tomatoes Rotten Tomatoes rating was Zero LOL
(08-03-2018, 09:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 12:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: Great reviews!!... not

Adam Graham
Detroit News
Top Critic

Peter Sobczynski
RogerEbert.com
Top Critic

Frank Scheck
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic

David Ehrlich
indieWire
Top Critic

Owen Gleiberman
Variety
Top Critic

Vadim Rizov
AV Club
Top Critic

Philip Martin

Josh Kupecki
Austin Chronicle

Avi Offer
NYC Movie Guru

Oh sorry I forgot to tell you those reviews were from Rotten Tomatoes Rotten Tomatoes rating was Zero LOL
because it hasn't been rated yet.
(08-04-2018, 09:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 02:17 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, I'm fairly certain at least a couple of members here will see it or approve of it without seeing it.

OH OK, but why not?
(08-04-2018, 09:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 02:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: Of course. The audience approval rating was 71% who likes it. Well of course because ONLY trump fans would go see the movie.

OH OK, but why not?
It hasn't been reviewed.  Why not?  Maybe no one think it's worth reviewing?  Films often put out films in advance for critics to view and critique. Sometimes not.  Probably because it's such a low ball clinker just cobbled together by the wingnuts...but, hey, that's a good enough reason to show it in Medford!!!
(08-04-2018, 09:58 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 09:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, that audience. I'll wait for Rotten Tomatoes.

OH OK, but why not?
It hasn't been reviewed.  Why not?  Maybe no one think it's worth reviewing?My thought exactly   Films often put out films in advance for critics to view and critique. Sometimes not.  Probably because it's such a low ball clinker just cobbled together by the wingnuts...but, hey, that's a good enough reason to show it in Medford!!!
 Sometimes they make a movies knowing full well enough people will watch it to make a profit.
Especially when they don't spend much money to make it.
Jaws five comes to mind. Rocky 5 or whatever it was.
I may die and go to heaven. I LOVE continuous running shots.  I get so excited when I see them. The choreography and synchronized action and detail that goes into them. I loved  Children of Men because it has two really great ones, and The Revenanat has lots.  So did Birdman, but I just couldn't get into that. The Longest Day has one.  Now there's one coming out where the entire film is one...so I'm in heaven!

(10-01-2019, 08:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: I may die and go to heaven. I LOVE continuous running shots.  I get so excited when I see them. The choreography and synchronized action and detail that goes into them. I loved  Children of Men because it has two really great ones, and The Revenanat has lots.  So did Birdman, but I just couldn't get into that. The Longest Day has one.  Now there's one coming out where the entire film is one...so I'm in heaven!

I'm happy for you?   Confused Smiling
(10-01-2019, 09:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 08:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: I may die and go to heaven. I LOVE continuous running shots.  I get so excited when I see them. The choreography and synchronized action and detail that goes into them. I loved  Children of Men because it has two really great ones, and The Revenanat has lots.  So did Birdman, but I just couldn't get into that. The Longest Day has one.  Now there's one coming out where the entire film is one...so I'm in heaven!

I'm happy for you?   Confused Smiling

Big Grin Thank you! Thank you very much!! Big Grin

So if they run out of film 5 minutes before the end of the movie do they have to start all over again?
(10-02-2019, 10:38 AM)tvguy Wrote:

So if they run out of film 5 minutes before the end of the movie do they have to start all over again?

I'm kind'a wondering if they never sleep, or maybe it's just one day?

There is no film.
(10-02-2019, 12:17 PM)GPnative Wrote:

There is no film.
Do you mean, the link doesn't work for you?  I'm sorry if so.  It does for me.  Sometimes when I post a link it shows, then later it doesn't, but on my end it does.  You can watch it here on youtube if you like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq4t3f6LmDA  I don't really expect anyone to care...but there's not much posted here anyway, so I figure, WTH?