The Travel Topic
(02-21-2017, 08:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK Wonky I'll repost this because I assume you didn't respond because you don't use the feature ( green arrow) and you only see what's at the bottom of a thread.
[/url]

Wonky3 Wrote:

(02-19-2017, 11:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 09:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 08:26 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 05:56 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Wrote:In Phoenix now, Costa Rica in the morning. Burp! Airport bars are really cool.  [Image: icon_rvf_biggrin.gif]

Hey Cletus. Could you tell me a good place to fly to, Tropical.  I don't know the different in St John St Croiz or a st Bernard.

What would about five or seven says cost me. I mean the flight and the hotels. Also what does it cost to eat per day?
I definitely want to snorkel or maybe fish on a boat.
Is there somewhere nice that isn't TOO touristy?

I have plenty of money but I want a good deal. [Image: icon_rvf_biggrin.gif]

You should check those all inclusive vacations for your first such trip. You could probably get your monies worth in beer and food.  [Image: icon_rvf_biggrin.gif]  Pop into one of those travel agencies and have them give you some ideas.

But getting advice from people in those travel agencies is exactly what I was trying to avoid.
Cletus has been to a few of theses places and has no reason to to bullshit me.

You should check those all inclusive vacations for your first such trip.

Yeah I guess so.

It's really difficult to understand why you might want to fight the "masses of asses" required for international travel. 

Right here in The Valley of the Rogue we have Agate Lake, the almost perfect vacation spot. There is almost no (okay a little) glass on the shore from broken beer bottles, you can make a few bucks picking up beer cans to recycle, and as long as you take a couple of guns and plenty of ammo, you should be safe from my hillbilly cousins who "live" there weeks at a time. If you get the required shots, you can swim in the water. Most folks who camp there take dogs, so be careful walking barefoot unless you have a shop towel to clean your feet. 

I think you can get travel information for Agate Lake at the Dollar Store in White City.

I know you are trying to be funny but you have made similar claims about Agate lake in the past so I doubt you have even been there in the last 20 years.
There is no camping. No glass on the ground. There are no longer drinking parties or anyone shooting guns because they have a camp host. The park is Closed at dusk with a locked gate. I don't remember seeing any dog crap.
And the water is clean. Other than being muddy for a while in early spring. And then it clears up. It's also tested and people often swim there and bring their kids. Because 4X4 vehicles can no longer access the areas around the lake the water is cleaner and the fish do better as well..  It has not been like you described for at least 20 years.

It's a MUCH better lake for fishing then it was in the past because of all these improvements that were done.

It's really difficult to understand why you might want to fight the "masses of asses" required for international travel.

Because that's what a person has to do if he/she wants to enjoy the tropics and all it has to offer. [Image: icon_rvf_smile.gif]

[url=http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=1010]

Forgive my feeble attempt at satire.  Wink
I haven't been to Agate Lake since the Nixon administration, so take that into account. 
And, my jibes at Agate lake are just a way of making a point about "local" as opposed to distant travel. 

Of course one must deal with the "masses of asses" if one wants to travel. Again, just a light hearted comment about the reality of it, and if I wanted to travel it wouldn't stop me. 

So enjoy Agate Lake, travel to your hearts content, but check on Chucks weather reports first.  Laughing
(02-22-2017, 10:45 AM) pid=\388992' Wrote:[/url]

[quote pid='388973' dateline='1487734393']

WonkyForgive my feeble attempt at satire.  Wink
I haven't been to Agate Lake since the Nixon administration, so take that into account. 
And, my jibes at Agate lake are just a way of making a point about "local" as opposed to distant travel. 

Of course one must deal with the "masses of asses" if one wants to travel. Again, just a light hearted comment about the reality of it, and if I wanted to travel it wouldn't stop me. 

[/quote]
I know it was satire and I assumed you had not been to agate lake in a long time. I just thought you might want to know what it's like now. It's actually a nice clean little lake, now.Smiling
(02-22-2017, 03:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 10:45 AM)pid=\388992 Wrote:[/url]

I know it was satire and I assumed you had not been to agate lake in a long time. I just thought you might want to know what it's like now. It's actually a nice clean little lake, now.Smiling
[/quote]

Good to know. This spring I may just buy the license and do some Crappie fishing. I have a friend who knows how to turn them into a tasty dish...if you catch enough of them.
[Image: slide_home_f7.jpg]

http://www.malawitourism.com/
(02-22-2017, 05:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 03:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 10:45 AM)pid=\388992 Wrote:[/url]

Good to know. This spring I may just buy the license and do some Crappie fishing. I have a friend who knows how to turn them into a tasty dish...if you catch enough of them.
[/quote]

Many years ago when that lake was like the wild west you could catch a crappie every cast. The trouble was that they were almost always small.

Ever since they cleaned up the lake, slowed down the amount of mud washing in to it the fishing has been a LOT better.
I've seen crappie boiling on the surface and you can often catch tons of 11 inchers. I thought that was kind of a big deal and then the camp host showed me a photo of some 18's. Blink
The kind they catch in those giant reservoirs down south.

Crappie are one of the first fish to start biting in the spring so when the lake clears up they should be biting.
I'll let you know when I go You can meet me there and fish in luxury from my boat. Big Grin
(02-22-2017, 10:01 PM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: slide_home_f7.jpg]

I would love to go to Africa. The wife, not so much Sad
I am still recovering from the worst illness I have ever experienced in my life. I spent 8 days in 2 different Costa Rican hospitals and 19 days at OHSU in Portland. I am now in a physical rehab nursing facility. I will post more later.
(03-24-2017, 08:57 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I am still recovering from the worst illness I have ever experienced in my life. I spent 8 days in 2 different Costa Rican hospitals and 19 days at OHSU in Portland. I am now in a physical rehab nursing facility. I will post more later.

OH SHIT! 

PM me if I can help in ANY way.
Holy crapola, Clete!  Twitch  
Keeping you in my thoughts... sending good vibes!
(03-24-2017, 08:57 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I am still recovering from the worst illness I have ever experienced in my life. I spent 8 days in 2 different Costa Rican hospitals and 19 days at OHSU in Portland. I am now in a physical rehab nursing facility. I will post more later.

Damn, 27 days in hospital hast'a suck. Hope you're getting better.
(02-23-2017, 04:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 10:01 PM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: slide_home_f7.jpg]

I would love to go to Africa. The wife, not so much Sad

Nah, that's probably Winston.   Razz

Surprised
Well that's a helluva way to spend a vacation.

Sounds like you are on getting over it. I hope. Bummer, sorry. get well soon.

Holy shiite  Twitch

Sending good vibes your way and hoping the nursing facility is close to home.
I see on the other thread you are feeling better. That's fantastic, so could you post the pics of the sexy nurses in Costa  Rica now?
Every time I look at my countdown on my phone I think of Cletus. I'll have to toast him on the beach.

[Image: c298355ce6e344766a0e97198139dba7.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(10-03-2017, 09:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Every time I look at my countdown on my phone I think of Cletus.  I'll have to toast him on the beach.

[Image: c298355ce6e344766a0e97198139dba7.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Driving or taking a plane?