Movies Movies Movies
APPLEGATE Wrote:Second Hand Lion!! I love that movie.
Fish named Wanda
Cat Ballou. What a classic with Lee Marvin.

Speaking of Lee Marvin....
Dirty Dozen
Paint Your Wagon.

Lets not talk about Clint Eastman. I need to start dinner. He makes me weak in the knees and I may burn myself.

Okay. Let's not talk about Clint. He does not make me weak in the knees. (I used to date a lady who said he made her panties wet).
I like his later stuff. And, I think he is a stand up guy in real life. (If we ever really know).
Tia Wrote:Moving on to another decade or so back....Apocalypse Now, Aliens, Amadeus, Platoon. Mad Max.

Now you are just rambling. Settle down and pick some you want me to see.
Larry Wrote:http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/1899/dude...y-country/

Needless to say, I am a big fan of MooreĆ¢??s, applauded his Oscar speech,
consider myself as far Left as he does, and believe he is one of the
boldest, most original voices in pop culture today.

Is this some kind of sick joke?
WKYonc Wrote:
Larry Wrote:Comedies:

Blazing Saddles
Caveman
Monty Python / The Search For The Holy Grail
Young Frankenstein
My Fellow Americans

Drama:

Ninth Configuration
Red Dawn
The Patriot
Windtalkers
Gran Torino

Some great ones!
But CAVEMAN?
RED DAWN?
Maybe you just left the TV on too long.
I OWN Caveman. Ringo Starr met Barbara Bach on the set of that movie and are still married to this day. FUNNY movie...... (I was very stoned back then.... but I still like it)
WKYonc Wrote:
Larry Wrote:http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/1899/dude...y-country/

Needless to say, I am a big fan of MooreĆ¢??s, applauded his Oscar speech,
consider myself as far Left as he does, and believe he is one of the
boldest, most original voices in pop culture today.

Is this some kind of sick joke?
LOL.... quoting the reviewer.... not my words....
WKYonc Wrote:
APPLEGATE Wrote:Second Hand Lion!! I love that movie.
Fish named Wanda
Cat Ballou. What a classic with Lee Marvin.

Speaking of Lee Marvin....
Dirty Dozen
Paint Your Wagon.

Lets not talk about Clint Eastman. I need to start dinner. He makes me weak in the knees and I may burn myself.

Okay. Let's not talk about Clint. He does not make me weak in the knees. (I used to date a lady who said he made her panties wet).
I like his later stuff. And, I think he is a stand up guy in real life. (If we ever really know).
Larry Wrote:
WKYonc Wrote:
Larry Wrote:Comedies:

Blazing Saddles
Caveman
Monty Python / The Search For The Holy Grail
Young Frankenstein
My Fellow Americans

Drama:

Ninth Configuration
Red Dawn
The Patriot
Windtalkers
Gran Torino

Some great ones!
But CAVEMAN?
RED DAWN?
Maybe you just left the TV on too long.
I OWN Caveman. Ringo Starr met Barbara Bach on the set of that movie and are still married to this day. FUNNY movie...... (I was very stoned back then.... but I still like it)

Okay, it does have it's moments. About two. Really hard to watch Ringo try to act. Ms. Bach very easy to watch however. Matter of fact, I think she deserves and Oscar just for showing up.
WKYonc Wrote:Okay, it does have it's moments. About two. Really hard to watch Ringo try to act. Ms. Bach very easy to watch however. Matter of fact, I think she deserves and Oscar just for showing up.
Ringo try to act????? There were NO WORDS!!!! That is why it was perfect for him.... Laughing

Not to mention, I think it was Dennis Quaid's first movie.
tvguy Wrote:I guess you got something out of it I didn't, nothing wrong with that. To ME it was just dumb and absurd to believe high schoolers with hunting weapons could have ever done what they did. Plus the acting was not really the best. But I admit to liking some movies that are also dumb with not the best acting Big Grin so I'm not trying to give you a hard time... well OK maybe a little Smiling

I never though of the political aspect until now or that the premise of the movie was designed to support the NRA or Reagan's policies but it looks like it did whether is was meant to or not.
I don't much care about the acting or storyline...C. Thomas Howell was in it... Wink Big Grin
WKYonc Wrote:
Tia Wrote:Moving on to another decade or so back....Apocalypse Now, Aliens, Amadeus, Platoon. Mad Max.

Now you are just rambling. Settle down and pick some you want me to see.

hmmmm...I didn't think that was the criteria....have you watched Ravenous yet? Laughing How about Boondock Saints? Fight Club? Snatch? 12 Monkeys?

Red Dawn??? Did someone actually mention Red Dawn???
Gran Torino.
Slum Dog Millionaire
American Beauty
Les Miserables
The Color Purple
Schindler's List
The Life of David Gayle
Tia Wrote:Gran Torino.
Slum Dog Millionaire
American Beauty
Les Miserables
The Color Purple
Schindler's List
The Life of David Gayle
is that your "Happy Day" list?
bbqboy Wrote:
Tia Wrote:Gran Torino.
Slum Dog Millionaire
American Beauty
Les Miserables
The Color Purple
Schindler's List
The Life of David Gayle
is that your "Happy Day" list?
With the exception of David Gayle they all have 'happy endings'.....sorta. Laughing Yes, I tend to lean towards dark topics. OK, Happy Movie list: Full Monty, Shaun of the Dead, As good as it gets, The Producers, OfficeSpace, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Hudsucker Proxy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. There. Razz
For my top five, I picked movies that I can watch again and again and they don't get old. For instance, True Lies is not a classic movie but I love that movie. The mix of comedy, action and love story just makes it for me. I am not a Tom Arnold or Arnold S. lover but they really pulled it off in this movie.

The other ones I mentioned, like Red Dawn, are movies that spoke to me in some way at the time but aren't so good when watched now. When I saw Red Dawn, I was about 19 or 20, living in Germany on a military base with missiles pointed at us from across the border. The communist (and terrorist) threats at the time were very real. To me this was more of a coming of age movie (and it didn't hurt that Patrick Swayze was in it)....

Larry mentioned The Stand in some post and I almost put it on my list. I didn't because the book was so good and although the movie (miniseries) was good and I do watch it often, I hate Molly Ringwold in it. A cardboard cutout could have acted better than her in this movie.
But....but.....Red Dawn???? Surprised JK.
Snowlover Wrote:For my top five, I picked movies that I can watch again and again and they don't get old. For instance, True Lies is not a classic movie but I love that movie. The mix of comedy, action and love story just makes it for me. I am not a Tom Arnold or Arnold S. lover but they really pulled it off in this movie.

The other ones I mentioned, like Red Dawn, are movies that spoke to me in some way at the time but aren't so good when watched now. When I saw Red Dawn, I was about 19 or 20, living in Germany on a military base with missiles pointed at us from across the border. The communist (and terrorist) threats at the time were very real. To me this was more of a coming of age movie (and it didn't hurt that Patrick Swayze was in it)....

Larry mentioned The Stand in some post and I almost put it on my list. I didn't because the book was so good and although the movie (miniseries) was good and I do watch it often, I hate Molly Ringwold in it. A cardboard cutout could have acted better than her in this movie.
I didn't put The Stand on the list because it was the BOOK that I loved. The movie, not so much.
Tia Wrote:But....but.....Red Dawn???? Surprised JK.

Did you not read.....Patrick Swayze......that alone would have sold the movie!! Laughing
Snowlover Wrote:
Tia Wrote:But....but.....Red Dawn???? Surprised JK.

Did you not read.....Patrick Swayze......that alone would have sold the movie!! Laughing

Oh, I know the movie. Swayze probably drew my attention in the first place, but....... Laughing It had my oldest son standing on his head for months on end. Laughing
I could look at him all day!!!!

[Image: 65534_a-young-patrick-swayze-in-1990.jpg]

Patrick and a horse...does it get any better....

[Image: 434px-Patrick_swayze_7-756202.jpg]

Even suffering from cancer, he still looks good:

[Image: patrick-swayze.jpg]
Eh. I hope he gets well. But eh.