Opinions on Terms of Use and profanity censoring
That's alright. A couple of the pictures posted here would fall under federal hate crime statutes.
Steve_Pickering Wrote:That's alright. A couple of the pictures posted here would fall under federal hate crime statutes.
The ones of you?
The ones of Obama.
Steve_Pickering Wrote:The ones of Obama.
Are you an Obama man?
Steve_Pickering Wrote:That's alright. A couple of the pictures posted here would fall under federal hate crime statutes.

But not if they were pictures of white guys? :roll:
Machinehead Wrote:
Steve_Pickering Wrote:The ones of Obama.
Are you an Obama man?

Not in your wildest dreams.
My opinion. Well, at times it is ok if it is really conveying a powerful thought or emotion. However, using vulgarity or profanity for he sake of punctuation, as in : I took an 'efffing' walk to the store, and the '*****heads there and got nothing more than I expected. ' I'm sure we can all do better than that.

But there is a more evil kind of vulgarity and profanity that's running rampant on these boards. However it seems that both 'sides' cry unequal treatment to the responses and actions taken upon them for said posts.

Here is a good place for Kam to take the time, give it some thought, and come back with a well thought out, well planned map of how he is planning go moderate this up-till-recently- unmoderated board. What will it mean EXACTLY, what will happen next, and what will it mean?
Tia,

It's been on my mind a lot too. I have an idea that I think will work, but just haven't had time to implement it yet. The past two days I've been extremely busy at work. Hoping (fingers and toes crossed) that I can get it done tonight when I finally get out of the office and go home.
kgasso Wrote:The past two days I've been extremely busy at work.

I can understand that one. Sometimes it's real hard to figure out what to steal first! Laughing
STEEL CAGE!
Rogue Valley Forum Cage Fights! Coming soon to a county fairground near you! Big Grin
Bump. Big Grin
Proving once again, that those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.
(04-09-2013, 10:33 AM)Wonky Wrote: Proving once again, that those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.

Don't get philosophical on us wonk; do you want a profanity filter or not? SmilingWink
(04-09-2013, 10:48 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-09-2013, 10:33 AM)Wonky Wrote: Proving once again, that those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.

Don't get philosophical on us wonk; do you want a profanity filter or not? SmilingWink

Fuckin ABig Grin
What IS the history we don't understand? That Steve Pickering was a dick?
First, I dropped blasphemy. And then, profanity. I never imagined how ingrained it was. I'm glad I never put it in print.
Yes, I want a profanity filter. And people that deliberately misspell profanity to slip it by anyway should be punished accordingly for it. Even me.
I just want civil dialogue. I can live with profanity as long as it isn't directed at people.
Sure. A profanity filter? Why not? I don't see how it hurts. Sure people might clever themselves around it, but in my experience not as many do, so, go for it.