Quotes
Having issues with quotes. Sometimes it doesn't show who the poster is. It just shows the word quotes.
I have trouble with them too, which shouldn't surprise anyone. When I am told there are too many 'quotes' in a reply, I try to cut back on them. The result is that everything is in regular print, not italics, and the word 'Quote' shows up along with the icon for it. Does that make sense? Probably not. Oh well, I feel your pain, Comet. :roll:
TennisMom Wrote:I have trouble with them too, which shouldn't surprise anyone. When I am told there are too many 'quotes' in a reply, I try to cut back on them. The result is that everything is in regular print, not italics, and the word 'Quote' shows up along with the icon for it. Does that make sense? Probably not. Oh well, I feel your pain, Comet. :roll:

This happens to me when I am only quoting one or two posters. Quite annoying since it looks like I am stating something that is actually from another poster and you don't know who.

Does that make any sense? Probably not :x Razz
If you hit "quote" in the message that your are responding to, it will include not only that posters comments, but all the quotes that poster included as well. These are in descending [/quote] brackets in your response. If you just want the last post, you have to delete out all the rest, and in doing so it is easy to end up with a mismatch between the open quote code [/quote] and the close quote code.

All in all, the quote function on this board could use some tweaking. I think that and the layout make the threads unnecessarily complicated and visually confusing to read. I have trouble telling where one post ends and the next starts.
Cometmom Wrote:Having issues with quotes. Sometimes it doesn't show who the poster is. It just shows the word quotes.

That happens on the days you don't exist. Wink
When are we going to have a quotes reply that just quotes the poster you are replying to and not the last three quotes, so that you have to rinkydink around with them to post 'em....?
Tia Wrote:When are we going to have a quotes reply that just quotes the poster you are replying to and not the last three quotes, so that you have to rinkydink around with them to post 'em....?

I'll have to see if there's a plugin for the bulletin board software (or if I can make one) to do this. It's a good idea...
kgasso Wrote:
Tia Wrote:When are we going to have a quotes reply that just quotes the poster you are replying to and not the last three quotes, so that you have to rinkydink around with them to post 'em....?

I'll have to see if there's a plugin for the bulletin board software (or if I can make one) to do this. It's a good idea...

Oh, Pleeeaase? Pleeeaase?
Tia Wrote:
kgasso Wrote:

Oh, Pleeeaase? Pleeeaase?

Pretty pleeeese !!!!!