What's in your garden?
(06-03-2017, 06:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 05:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: Did you see my post where I said your honeysuckle was honeysuckle and I posted a picture of my honeysuckle?

Or did you pull a Wonky Razz

That would be a Wonky. So many things to do I just thought "cool, I need to get back to this later" and poof, a Wonky. Laughing Thanks for the ID! We almost had it tagged for removal, but now that it gave us some reason to keep it the little oak next to it gets saw.  Big Grin

We have honeysuckle in our yard as well, matter of fact will be planting 2 more today. It smells great and is also a great way to camo an ugly length of cyclone fence.
I have a question. if my pepper plant is less than 1 foot tall and it has a pepper six or seven inches long on it, is it better to pick the pepper so the plant will grow? Now that I look at all of my pepper plants closely the plants with no Peppers are twice as tall as the plants with peppers so maybe I answered my own question. :-)
(06-28-2017, 06:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I have a question. if my pepper plant is less than 1 foot tall and it has a pepper six or seven inches long on it, is it better to pick the pepper so the plant will grow? Now that I look at all of my pepper plants closely the plants with no Peppers are twice as tall as the plants with peppers so maybe I answered my own question. :-)

Ask peter piper, he picks them by the peck and pickles them.
(06-29-2017, 05:56 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 06:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I have a question. if my pepper plant is less than 1 foot tall and it has a pepper six or seven inches long on it, is it better to pick the pepper so the plant will grow? Now that I look at all of my pepper plants closely the plants with no Peppers are twice as tall as the plants with peppers so maybe I answered my own question. :-)

Just how many pepper are there, in a peck of pickled peppers?
(06-29-2017, 07:19 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Plenty.
(06-29-2017, 07:41 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 07:19 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Plenty.

Good AND Plenty!  Embarrassed
It's been quite a few years since we've had our own garden. The squash plants are dominating the space a bit too much so I think next year I'll find places outside the dedicated garden area since I don't think they're too picky as long as it sunny. 

The zucchini was great, the first tomatoes will need a few more days.  Big Grin

Well photobucket says I can no longer post my pics to a 3rd party site like a forum unless I upgrade to a pay version.  Rolling Eyes Bye, bye PB. Hello TinyPic.....   Smiling

[Image: 155h2qb.jpg]

[Image: wluee0.jpg]
Deer. I have deer in my garden. Today they were eating plums.
(07-16-2017, 10:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Deer. I have deer in my garden. Today they were eating plums.

I have wild turkeys. Right here in the middle urban Medford. I don't have a garden (I visit the growers market because I'm a lazy slob) but the damn turkeys can scratch and claw a yard until it looks like a war zone. 

My cat who is "jailed" by a screened in porch wants to get into the yard and "take on a bunch of those overgrown chickens" as she puts it. Yeah. I'd let her out but that would be the end of the cat and Mrs. Wonky would stick a kitchen knife in the soft tissue of my old frame. 

TVguy, I always enjoy (and envy) your garden and look forward to the photos. It's with some sadness that I will no longer be able to tease Cletus about his eggplants (etc). He so enjoyed his garden! 

Cuzz, hope you find a way to defeat the deer. From what I hear it's like trying to keep rain from falling from the sky. Larry has lots of weapons of all calibers and might loan you a rocket launcher to make an example of one or two.
(07-16-2017, 10:26 PM)Valuesize Wrote: It's been quite a few years since we've had our own garden. The squash plants are dominating the space a bit too much so I think next year I'll find places outside the dedicated garden area since I don't think they're too picky as long as it sunny. 

The zucchini was great, the first tomatoes will need a few more days.  Big Grin

Well photobucket says I can no longer post my pics to a 3rd party site like a forum unless I upgrade to a pay version.  Rolling Eyes Bye, bye PB. Hello TinyPic.....   Smiling

[Image: 155h2qb.jpg]

[Image: wluee0.jpg]

Tinypic was fine when I first started using it. But now it's often way to slow. and my free PB account was so glitchy and slow I finally upgraded and paid 30 bucks for a year.
Now it works great. I will be using it for ebay selling so it's well worth 30 bucks for me.
(07-17-2017, 07:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 10:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Deer. I have deer in my garden. Today they were eating plums.

I have wild turkeys. Right here in the middle urban Medford. I don't have a garden (I visit the growers market because I'm a lazy slob) but the damn turkeys can scratch and claw a yard until it looks like a war zone. 

My cat who is "jailed" by a screened in porch wants to get into the yard and "take on a bunch of those overgrown chickens" as she puts it. Yeah. I'd let her out but that would be the end of the cat and Mrs. Wonky would stick a kitchen knife in the soft tissue of my old frame. 

TVguy, I always enjoy (and envy) your garden and look forward to the photos. It's with some sadness that I will no longer be able to tease Cletus about his eggplants (etc). He so enjoyed his garden! 

Cuzz, hope you find a way to defeat the deer. From what I hear it's like trying to keep rain from falling from the sky. Larry has lots of weapons of all calibers and might loan you a rocket launcher to make an example of one or two.
You have turkeys? Wow, Those bastards are everywhere.

It's with some sadness that I will no longer be able to tease Cletus about his eggplants (etc). He so enjoyed his garden!
And I will miss teasing him about his perfectly straight rows   Razz   
(07-17-2017, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 07:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You have turkeys? Wow, Those bastards are everywhere.

It's with some sadness that I will no longer be able to tease Cletus about his eggplants (etc). He so enjoyed his garden!
And I will miss teasing him about his perfectly straight rows   Razz   

I'm alone in the house. It's a damn bald faced lie that your comment made me tear up!
Pretty sad winter garden, I think we'll skip it next year. I'm hopeful the onions, beets and carrots that are pretty much the same "start" size as we planted them will thrive come spring. The snow we had recently didn't help.

[Image: 20180302_171428.jpg]

[Image: 20180302_171416.jpg]
(03-03-2018, 12:45 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Pretty sad winter garden, I think we'll skip it next year. I'm hopeful the onions, beets and carrots that are pretty much the same "start" size as we planted them will thrive come spring. The snow we had recently didn't help.

Looks like a lot of wood in the soil. That's usually not a good thing. Interesting that the bugs have been eating on that stuff... in the winter.

I don't know about the other stuff but between now and April is when I always plant Walla Walla onions and they always turn out great.
I don't know what type of onions those are but if they get big like Walla Walla's they are too close together.

These are Walla Walla's in August three years ago...

[Image: 2liaof6.jpg]
(03-03-2018, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 12:45 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Pretty sad winter garden, I think we'll skip it next year. I'm hopeful the onions, beets and carrots that are pretty much the same "start" size as we planted them will thrive come spring. The snow we had recently didn't help.

Looks like a lot of wood in the soil. That's usually not a good thing. Interesting that the bugs have been eating on that stuff... in the winter.

I don't know about the other stuff but between now and April is when I always plant Walla Walla onions and they always turn out great.
I don't know what type of onions those are but if they get big like Walla Walla's they are too close together.

The onions at the bottom of the last photo are green onions that we snip and use continuously throughout the year. Here they are lined next to the temporary turtle wall.

[Image: 20180303_150845.jpg]
Cauliflower. No heads visible yet. 

[Image: 20180303_150820.jpg]

Beets. (And weeds)  Embarrassed

[Image: 20180303_150827.jpg]

Walla walla (near) Red (rear) My wife planted them. It's a "learning" garden.  Smiling

[Image: 20180303_150840.jpg]

Close-up

[Image: 20180303_150935.jpg]
(03-03-2018, 04:38 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Cauliflower. No heads visible yet. 

Walla walla (near) Red (rear) My wife planted them. It's a "learning" garden.  Smiling

Close-up

So, how much has the garden learned so far??
(03-03-2018, 04:40 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 04:38 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Cauliflower. No heads visible yet. 

Close-up

So, how much has the garden learned so far??

$40 or $50 maybe?  Laughing
I recently purchased a Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor... which came with a Pampered Chef recipe for fresh Pico de Gallo. And now I'm hooked on making (and eating!) fresh Pico de Gallo! So, I guess I need a garden with tomatoes, garlic, onions, Jalapeno and/or Serrano peppers, cilantro... and a lime tree!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(03-03-2018, 05:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I recently purchased a Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor... which came with a Pampered Chef recipe for fresh Pico de Gallo. And now I'm hooked on making (and eating!) fresh Pico de Gallo!  So, I guess I need a garden with tomatoes, garlic, onions, Jalapeno and/or Serrano peppers, cilantro... and a lime tree!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Not too slushy?  Usually Pico de Gallo isn't very loose, it's more little pieces.  When the summer comes you can made fresh salsa verde!