What's in your garden?
(12-31-2018, 02:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:07 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:00 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Lettuce... in the living room!   along with a basil and a thyme just sprouting.

My winter time hydroponic experiment... just because.   Big Grin

[pretend there's a picture here
for some reason it won't copy
and paste, too big]
Holy crap!!!  are you seeing what I'm seeing. There's no picture just a ton of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, I cut that out and re-posted. I couldn't get it to work and I don't want to spend more time on it.

Are you trying to copy and paste your own photo? I don't think that's possible. Try that image host I posted

https://postimages.org/

I've done it before but it's been quite awhile ago.

Here, this is better. Thanks for the link.

[Image: Lettuce.jpg]

Pretty neat. Is that just a kit or what? Do you plant seeds " I guess that's a dumb question because where would you get starts LOL
(12-31-2018, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Are you trying to copy and paste your own photo? I don't think that's possible. Try that image host I posted

Pretty neat. Is that just a kit or what? Do you plant seeds " I guess that's a dumb question because where would you get starts LOL

No, it's not a kit. I bought the net pots and rock wool. I already had everything else laying around. I had the lights for starting seeds in the spring so I thought I'd make some more use out of them. The seeds were leftovers from last summer. If this works, and it seems to be, I might branch out and try cherry tomatoes too. Big Grin

More info...

I bought these net pots to fit into wide mouth Mason jars.
[Image: net-pot-2inch-heavy-800.jpg]

And then planted seeds in rock wool blocks like these...
[Image: 25mm-rockwool-cube-the-golden-potter.jpg]

The jars are wrapped with paper to block out light in an attempt to suppress algae growth and filled with a fertilizer solution. The roots are hanging 4-5 inches into the solution now (at about one month). Oddly, the runt in the lower right is the one I thinned to just one plant. The other three are 3-5 seeds sprouted in each block. Competition seems to be causing them to grow faster. I wouldn't have guessed that.
(12-31-2018, 06:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Are you trying to copy and paste your own photo? I don't think that's possible. Try that image host I posted

No, it's not a kit. I bought the net pots and rock wool. I already had everything else laying around. I had the lights for starting seeds in the spring so I thought I'd make some more use out of them. The seeds were leftovers from last summer. If this works, and it seems to be, I might branch out and try cherry tomatoes too. Big Grin

More info...

The jars are wrapped with paper to block out light in an attempt to suppress algae growth and filled with a fertilizer solution. The roots are hanging 4-5 inches into the solution now (at about one month). Oddly, the runt in the lower right is the one I thinned to just one plant. The other three are 3-5 seeds sprouted in each block. Competition seems to be causing them to grow faster. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Pretty cool , I can't wait to see them in a a month or so. Is that florescent light? Do you hang it right down close to the plant like when it's marijuana?
(01-01-2019, 02:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I've done it before but it's been quite awhile ago.

More info...

Pretty cool , I can't wait to see them in a a month or so. Is that florescent light? Do you hang it right down close to the plant like when it's marijuana?

I have LED lights that are shifted toward the blue spectrum hanging about 12" above the plants.
(01-01-2019, 04:51 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 02:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I've done it before but it's been quite awhile ago.

More info...

I have LED lights that are shifted toward the blue spectrum hanging about 12" above the plants.
Got it Smiling
Out in the back half today, otherwise known as the back yard. Planting an apple tree, a pear tree and a persimmon tree. Looking forward to fresh fruit in my future. It was a nice day too.   Smiling
(02-22-2019, 06:02 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Out in the back half today, otherwise known as the back yard. Planting an apple tree, a pear tree and a persimmon tree. Looking forward to fresh fruit in my future. It was a nice day too.   Smiling

Yes it was nice day Smiling
I bought some bare root strawberries called cascade.. Anyone heard of them? I also bought some Walla Walla's.
They were all marked down 60% because they were a little old and sickly looking.
I paid 14 bucks. I have 23 strawberry plants and a shit load of the onions. Good deal I think. Anyway I have them potted so they get healthy before I plant.

[Image: garden-aa.jpg]

[Image: garden-bb.jpg]

[Image: garden-cc.jpg]
(04-06-2019, 03:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: I bought some bare root strawberries called cascade.. Anyone heard of them? I also bought some Walla Walla's.
They were all marked down 60% because they were a little old and sickly looking.
I paid 14 bucks. I have 23 strawberry plants and a shit load of the onions. Good deal I think. Anyway I have them potted so they get healthy before I plant.

Ok... my thoughts. Why does it look like your lawn mower starter cord is pulled? Where did you get that ladder? What are you wearing? Do you like movies about gladiators?
(04-11-2019, 06:00 PM)GCG Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 03:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: I bought some bare root strawberries called cascade.. Anyone heard of them? I also bought some Walla Walla's.

Ok... my thoughts. Why does it look like your lawn mower starter cord is pulled? Where did you get that ladder? What are you wearing? Do you like movies about gladiators?
Laughing Laughing
Right, I guess no one has heard of Cascade strawberries Blink

The ladder was damaged and came from my work, like ALL my ladders. It's how I reach my bird feeder.
Where have you been? They haven't made a lawn mower where you could pull the rope while standing right next to the mower since Eisenhower was president.
 I was wearing culottes. And my favorite scene was when Tony Curtis said.. I love you Spartacus.
(04-11-2019, 06:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

The ladder was damaged and came from my work, like ALL my ladders. It's how I reach my bird feeder.
Where have you been? They haven't made a lawn mower where you could pull the rope while standing right next to the mower since Eisenhower was president.
 I was wearing culottes. And my favorite scene was when Tony Curtis said.. I love you Spartacus.

Laughing Laughing  truth!
(04-11-2019, 06:36 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

I had a different movie in mind:

(04-12-2019, 05:32 AM)GCG Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 06:36 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

I had a different movie in mind:

Of course I knew what movie you were talking about Smiling
forum Experts, i am going to grow a hemp plant. Yes,hemp, not marijuana. I picked up a small female start, i was told i would need a 40 gallon container at least. However, i am not looking to grow some award winning maximized plant, this is just for fun. If i keep it in say a 10 gal container, will that keep the plant smaller without negatively impacting the plant health? I really dont want a huge plant visible to neighbors, id like to keep it on the smaller side.
(05-19-2019, 06:18 PM)GPnative Wrote: forum Experts, i am going to grow a hemp plant. Yes,hemp, not marijuana. I picked up a small female start, i was told i would need a 40 gallon container at least. However, i am not looking to grow some award winning maximized plant, this is just for fun. If i keep it in say a 10 gal container, will that keep the plant smaller without negatively impacting the plant health? I really dont want a huge plant visible to neighbors, id like to keep it on the smaller side.

I think what you were told was correct. You can keep it from being too tall like this...

Why do you think your neighbors care if you grow hemp? Because they will think it's pot?

[Image: IMG_20120903_150256.jpg]

[Image: straight-lst.jpg]
(05-19-2019, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 06:18 PM)GPnative Wrote: forum Experts, i am going to grow a hemp plant. Yes,hemp, not marijuana. I picked up a small female start, i was told i would need a 40 gallon container at least. However, i am not looking to grow some award winning maximized plant, this is just for fun. If i keep it in say a 10 gal container, will that keep the plant smaller without negatively impacting the plant health? I really dont want a huge plant visible to neighbors, id like to keep it on the smaller side.

I think what you were told was correct. You can keep it from being too tall like this...

Why do you think your neighbors care if you grow hemp? Because they will think it's pot?

Yes, and too be honest, i am not sure i am allowed to grow it outdoors in city limits, i know marijuana is not allowed under city ordinance, assume it includes hemp since one of the big gripes was odor. I dont want to invite any bs city issues so just keeping it on the down low. I could call and ask, but would rather just play dumb. 
Was hoping to keep it around 4 feet tall.
And, im so close to being outside city limits, i could throw a rock to the other side of the line so we dont feel like we are even in the city, but, of course, we are.
(05-19-2019, 06:50 PM)GPnative Wrote: And, im so close to being outside city limits, i could throw a rock to the other side of the line so we dont feel like we are even in the city, but, of course, we are.

I looked at the ordinance for GP. It just bans Marijuana not hemp. The same is true for Medfords ban.
(05-19-2019, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Why ?
I think you get more, if you let it grow like a Christmas tree.
(05-19-2019, 08:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 06:50 PM)GPnative Wrote: And, im so close to being outside city limits, i could throw a rock to the other side of the line so we dont feel like we are even in the city, but, of course, we are.

I looked at the ordinance for GP. It just bans Marijuana not hemp. The same is true for Medfords ban.

Cool, thanks!