What's in your garden?
Walla walla[Image: wlla-walla-z.jpg]

And these are cascade
[Image: strawberries-z.jpg]
I like the trough idea.
(06-06-2021, 07:10 PM)GPnative Wrote: I like the trough idea.

Yeah but unless you find one like I did that leaks for 20 bucks they are too expensive IMO.
Picking first ripe figs today!  Oh yeah!   Big Grin
(07-20-2021, 11:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Picking first ripe figs today!  Oh yeah!   Big Grin

Those are so tasty Smiling
Came home from 3 days with my parents to see that my squash (1 Spaghetti, 1 Zucchini & 2 Patty Pan) have totally taken over! [Image: 8fec9b8bda5e300c5e9c8da3267b85a3.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(07-20-2021, 03:16 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Came home from 3 days with my parents to see that my squash (1 Spaghetti, 1 Zucchini & 2 Patty Pan) have totally taken over! [Image: 8fec9b8bda5e300c5e9c8da3267b85a3.jpg]

I really like zucchini fritters. What I can't eat I'm freezing for winter fritters!
(07-20-2021, 03:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 11:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Picking first ripe figs today!  Oh yeah!   Big Grin

Those are so tasty Smiling

Oh yeah! I look forward to them all year!
(07-20-2021, 03:16 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Came home from 3 days with my parents to see that my squash (1 Spaghetti, 1 Zucchini & 2 Patty Pan) have totally taken over! [Image: 8fec9b8bda5e300c5e9c8da3267b85a3.jpg]

That's cool, huge leaves.
Zucchini Bread made with my own homegrown Zucchini!

[Image: 71cfa22d4f2875044badfdbf75b2b145.jpg]

(08-12-2021, 07:53 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Zucchini Bread made with my own homegrown Zucchini!

Looks tasty!

I always have trouble figuring out what to do with all the zucchini, they are prolific little buggers.   Big Grin
(08-12-2021, 11:36 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 07:53 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Zucchini Bread made with my own homegrown Zucchini!

Looks tasty!

I always have trouble figuring out what to do with all the zucchini, they are prolific little buggers.   Big Grin

Honestly, to me, crookneck and zuchinni taste and have pretty much the same texture....I just grow the crookneck and don't get so many.
(08-13-2021, 08:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Looks tasty!

Honestly, to me, crookneck and zuchinni taste and have pretty much the same texture....I just grow the crookneck and don't get so many.

I like that idea!

Looks tasty!

When I have a garden I have always planted at least one zucchini because they are such a pretty plant. And I always plant crooknecks because I love them fried. The zucchini not so much they pretty much get tossed on to the compost pile.
(08-14-2021, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Looks tasty!

When I have a garden I have always planted at least one zucchini because they are such a pretty plant. And I always plant crooknecks because I love them fried. The zucchini not so much they pretty much get tossed on to the compost pile.

We love zucchini... I put it on Salads, in Spaghetti... actually, in any kind of Pasta dish, they're good sauted, steamed, roasted. The other night I added some to my chicken & veggie stir-fry. So tasty!

(08-14-2021, 09:34 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Looks tasty!

We love zucchini... I put it on Salads, in Spaghetti... actually, in any kind of Pasta dish, they're good sauted, steamed, roasted. The other night I added some to my chicken & veggie stir-fry. So tasty!

I gotta say, zuchinni comes in pretty low on my "like" veggies.
This house I'm in has the worst problem with snails. And Earwigs. I've tried all the things. Diatomaceous earth. Traps...bait...salt.  But still, I lose more plants to snails.  So....I'm thinking of a duck. Yeah, I've said it before, but I'm thinking more seriously.  Duck?  No duck?  I'm more worried about the dog and the cat than anything else.  I think the dog can be trained. The cat?  Well...not too sure.
(02-23-2022, 09:33 PM)Juniper Wrote: This house I'm in has the worst problem with snails. And Earwigs. I've tried all the things. Diatomaceous earth. Traps...bait...salt.  But still, I lose more plants to snails.  So....I'm thinking of a duck. Yeah, I've said it before, but I'm thinking more seriously.  Duck?  No duck?  I'm more worried about the dog and the cat than anything else.  I think the dog can be trained. The cat?  Well...not too sure.

Have you really set out SEVERAL containers with vegetable oil. When I do they fill up with earwigs.
Plus when it's a bad year I go out at night they are all over my porch and walls and my sliding glass door and spray them one at a time with ammonia or Awesome orange.

I always had problems with snails in my strawberries until last year when they are growing in a a metal watering trough I don't have them.
Snails will crawl in to anything with beer and drown.
(02-23-2022, 09:33 PM)Juniper Wrote: This house I'm in has the worst problem with snails. And Earwigs. I've tried all the things. Diatomaceous earth. Traps...bait...salt.  But still, I lose more plants to snails.  So....I'm thinking of a duck. Yeah, I've said it before, but I'm thinking more seriously.  Duck?  No duck?  I'm more worried about the dog and the cat than anything else.  I think the dog can be trained. The cat?  Well...not too sure.

Earwigs, oh how I loathe earwigs.

I have had good luck with using diatom. earth but you have to be vigilant, and I'm not, once it's wet it's worthless.
(02-24-2022, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Have you really set out SEVERAL containers with vegetable oil. When I do they fill up with earwigs.
Plus when it's a bad year I go out at night they are all over my porch and walls and my sliding glass door and spray them one at a time with ammonia or Awesome orange.

I always had problems with snails in my strawberries until last year when they are growing in a a metal watering trough I don't have them.
Snails will crawl in to anything with beer and drown.
Obviously not enough.  Right?