Random question thread
Did I mention I hunt? I got an elk this year......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7988169.stm
Wow, Larry, you are being Random. Big Grin
Poon56 Wrote:Thank you all for the nice rat comments....I have a question....how many times can a employer test you for TB?

2 weeks ago I was tested, and yes it was negative. Now for no obvious reason they are asking for us to do it again! I can hardly wait to hear the excuse....good thing I'm gonna be out of town on the days they are giving them out for the second time...neener neener neener Razz

I couldn't find the answer to that question, Poon, but I found this: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is working on, but has yet to issue a regulation to protect workers from occupational exposure to tuberculosis. OSHA has the authority to require employers to implement steps to protect workers from TB under the "General Duty" Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The General Duty requires that "...every employer covered under the Act must furnish to his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees."

Is it possible that there was an undisclosed exposure and your employer is testing again to assure all employees are TB free?
Tia Wrote:Yes, the rats are cute.

But.....why do girls play soft ball instead of baseball. What are the boys in little league playing? And so, bigger 'softer' ball, and difference in pitch....why play one over or instead of another. I only ask because I notice it's girls who play softball, for the most part and I wonder why?

Well, the reason they call the game girls play softball and the game boys play baseball is specifically due to the ball. I'm pretty sure it had to do with sexism, being "easier" on girls.

The little boys in little league play baseball. Regarding the differences between girls fast pitch softball and boys baseball, they're the same except for the ball and pitching style, but they both use the whole strike zone concept. The way girls pitch is harder to deliver a strike and also easier on your arm.

You don't see slow pitch softball leagues except for adults and they're mostly city leagues. In Grants Pass, the mens softball leagues are highly competitive.
RobinBird Wrote:TV, I'm pretty sure that's not the most important thing. Do you just type to read your own words? :shock:

What the fuck is your problem? sheeesh I simply added to the conversation, do you have some more important or lofty reasons for your posts??

If that post wasn't good enough for you then You OBVIOUSLY have some problem with me from something in the past, so either GET OVER IT bring it up and we'll discuss it , put me on ignore or Blow it out your ass and shut the fuck up you snotty BITCH.

PS.. I typed that specifically for YOU to read .
Thank you tia....maybe so but I find it hilarious that when they do the second test I will be outttttttaaaa here. Big Grin
Should I post my next message of unbelief on Easter Sunday?
tvguy Wrote:
RobinBird Wrote:TV, I'm pretty sure that's not the most important thing. Do you just type to read your own words? :shock:

What the fuck is your problem? sheeesh I simply added to the conversation, do you have some more important or lofty reasons for your posts??

If that post wasn't good enough for you then You OBVIOUSLY have some problem with me from something in the past, so either GET OVER IT bring it up and we'll discuss it , put me on ignore or Blow it out your ass and shut the fuck up you snotty BITCH.

My effing problem is your idiocy. You usually sound like a moron and you insult people regularly. You also tend to fly off the handle for no reason, then accuse OTHER posters of having the same problem. You're THAT GUY.
RobinBird Wrote:
tvguy Wrote:

My effing problem is your idiocy. You usually sound like a moron and you insult people regularly. You also tend to fly off the handle for no reason, then accuse OTHER posters of having the same problem. You're THAT GUY.

So point to what I said that was idiotic or insulting that made you reply with YOUR rude comment.

Yes I accuse you of being a bitch and I said why, I spoke about MY experience with paying softball and about if it was really soft.

It's pretty obvious you have a problem with me and to be quite honest I just don't give a shit but at least make your case if you want to accuse me of something, any child can simply call someone a dummy.

Only a hypocrite would insult me out of the blue like this and then say it's because I'm insulting and sound like a moron, I'm pretty sure this is how you are coming off right now.
TV, we have to find somebody around here with whom you don't fight all the time. :roll:
TennisMom Wrote:TV, we have to find somebody around here with whom you don't fight all the time. :roll:
Cletus
oldoregon
Numantine
Larry Wrote:Did I mention I hunt? I got an elk this year......
Yes several times, and yeah we know.
Did I mention that I shook Obama's hand? Laughing Laughing
" but many of those mountain folks appear to lack even a basic education. That in my opinion is the problem."

Sure, easy for you to say. But I didn't get past the 6th grade because my brother was still there (for the fourth year) and school policy was that you could not leap over your brother unless you could read.
[quote="Larry"]Did I mention I hunt? I got an elk this year......

Only 612 times by actual count. And the rumor is that the elk died of old age in front of you.

And the word on the street is that you fish with dynamite.

But, you must be a sportsman 'cause you have a camouflaged wallet.
Wonker..baseaball isa here!!!!
Tia Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:Does Golden Seal or Echinacea actually work? Weeeeellllll?

I don't know...I can't conclusively say yay or nay to that. I don't think it hurts. I seems to to help when taken in conjuction and with the right timing.

Next question: Do B vitamins really give you more energy?

I dunno for sure about the herbal remedies except to say that the zinc/echinacea lozenges I used for when I started to get a cold worked a lot better than just the zinc itself.
tvguy Wrote:Wonker..baseaball isa here!!!!

Yea, TVG, but for me that is good news, bad news.

Good news that the season has started.

Bad news because I'm a Giant's fan and they could very well lose 90 games this year. They just lost 3 of 3 in San Diego, to a team not expected to set the league on fire.

Life is hard.

Hope you have been okay. Last I heard you were planning on selling the TV, getting a battery radio, moving to Wolf Creek and living off the land.

Hold it...that was Larry. Rumor has it he was going to grab a forum gal by the hair and take her with him so he'd have someone to cook and clean. And that's strange, 'cause all he cooks now is Elk stew, and he sure as hell does not clean up real good.

Kidding. Larry is like a son to me. The one serving time.
Tia Wrote:
Poon56 Wrote:Thank you all for the nice rat comments....I have a question....how many times can a employer test you for TB?

2 weeks ago I was tested, and yes it was negative. Now for no obvious reason they are asking for us to do it again! I can hardly wait to hear the excuse....good thing I'm gonna be out of town on the days they are giving them out for the second time...neener neener neener Razz

I couldn't find the answer to that question, Poon, but I found this: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is working on, but has yet to issue a regulation to protect workers from occupational exposure to tuberculosis. OSHA has the authority to require employers to implement steps to protect workers from TB under the "General Duty" Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The General Duty requires that "...every employer covered under the Act must furnish to his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees."

Is it possible that there was an undisclosed exposure and your employer is testing again to assure all employees are TB free?
Actually, they will usually test twice these days- usually there is a bit longer between tests but I've always had the under skin single needle test it may be a shorter time with the scratch or topical tests, but-- its like HIV testing- they will do two just to rule out you being exposed right before testing and having the initial test miss it due to incubation time. Either that or they may have info on a possible exposure, but usually they'll tell if thats the case.

Its little league season!! Yay! Now thats real baseball, kids out there just having fun and learning the game (and the lower leagues are co-ed).
reelo Wrote:
Tia Wrote:
Poon56 Wrote:<Snip the other stuff>
Its little league season!! Yay! Now thats real baseball, kids out there just having fun and learning the game (and the lower leagues are co-ed).

Hey Ree,
I need your help! Yea, Little League is starting, but they denied my petition and I'm as mad as as a hornet!
I wanted them to allow guys over 70 to play. I mean, we often run to 3rd after hitting the ball, can't throw very well, our shirt tails are always out, our baseball caps too big, we cry when hit by the ball and never remember what inning it is.
So, please help with my petition. Send a note to:

Luther D.B. Snotslinger
RR #1, Box 1
Bad Breath, AK 666
tvguy Wrote:

Come on TVG,
Really man...I mean, I'm crude, rude, and socially unacceptable but damn! How about we keep things just a bit more civil? Or not...I'm not here to advise you, only suggesting that a little less locker room chat might be in order.