Neutral
Quote:Tia what do you have to offer to this discussion
?

That I've never tried Coke Zero.
I heard ya the first time Tia. Laughing
cletus1 Wrote:I heard ya the first time Tia. Laughing
Stupid forum! Dry
Tia Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:Does Golden Seal or Echinacea actually work? Weeeeellllll?

I don't know...I can't conclusively say yay or nay to that. I don't think it hurts. I seems to to help when taken in conjuction and with the right timing.

Next question: Do B vitamins really give you more energy?

I think B gives me more energy, which I'm really lacking today. Think I'll go take one now.
Tribble Wrote:
Tia Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:Does Golden Seal or Echinacea actually work? Weeeeellllll?

I don't know...I can't conclusively say yay or nay to that. I don't think it hurts. I seems to to help when taken in conjuction and with the right timing.

Next question: Do B vitamins really give you more energy?

I think B gives me more energy, which I'm really lacking today. Think I'll go take one now.
I took 2 'B"'s this morning. Still feel sluggish and would love to curl up on the sofa in our conference room and go to sleep. Razz
What is the difference between softball and baseball?
Tia Wrote:What is the difference between softball and baseball?
The most obvious is the ball. Softball is really big and softer than a hard baseball. Duh. Razz In softball the pitchers throw the ball underhand and in baseball it's thrown overhand.

These are the obvious differences. If no one has answered by tomorrow, I will ask my son. He is a baseball expert.
Wink
Echinacea tea works wonders on my rats! It helps build immune systems and keeps the dreaded myco at bay! As for human who knows!

[Image: rattesfdv.jpg]
Cometmom Wrote:
The most obvious is the ball. Softball is really big and softer than a hard baseball. Duh. Razz In softball the pitchers throw the ball underhand and in baseball it's thrown overhand.

These are the obvious differences. If no one has answered by tomorrow, I will ask my son. He is a baseball expert.
Wink

Well, it might seem obvious, but I am so non sporty, that I really know nothing. The only thing I knew was the ball was softer and a bit bigger. But......why? What is the reason for 'softball' instead of baseball. Can girls play in baseball insteads of softball?? Why do girls join softball teams instead of baseball teams. Are boys on softball teams? Just asking.
You could say there are two kinds of softball- girls softball, which is the fast pitch version they play in little league, high school and college, where the girls pitch with a windup. The ball is a bit larger then a men's hard ball which they use in the major league's and it's a little softer.

Then there's slow pitch softball which is mostly common in city leagues. It's for everyone, male and female and uses the largest of the three sizes of ball. There are some different rules than there are with "fast pitch".

Baseball is what guys play in high school, college and the major leagues. They have a tiny, hard ball and pitch overhand like you see on tv.
Cometmom Wrote:

Wink

Actually a soft ball is by no means soft Laughing trust me I pitched in a league for 12 years and when you are only 45 feet from so many batters you will get hit Surprised .

And yes they pitch underhand but I bet you didn't know that pro softball pitchers can throw a softball faster then Major league pitchers, well this is something I've heard but I think the most important part is that a softball pitcher is 20 feet closer to the batter.

Quote:Fernandez, perhaps the greatest softball pitcher ever, faced major league all-star David Justice after the 1996 Olympics and struck him out on three pitches. Since Jennie Finch took over as a co-host of This Week in Baseball, she has consistently struck out current major leaguers who've dared to take the "Jennie Challenge." Eddie Feignerâ??the star of the famous barnstorming team The King and His Courtâ??was supposedly once clocked at 104 mph, and in a two-inning exhibition in 1967, he struck out Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Brooks Robinson, Willie Mays, Harmon Killebrew, and Roberto Clemente. As Feigner recently observed, "In fast-pitch softball, you have to swing four or five inches above the ball or four or five inches below the ball. If you swing at the ball, you'll strike out every time."
TV, I'm pretty sure that's not the most important thing. Do you just type to read your own words? :shock:
Poon56 Wrote:Echinacea tea works wonders on my rats! It helps build immune systems and keeps the dreaded myco at bay! As for human who knows!

I'm not crazy about rats Neutral but that is a very cute picture. They look almost harmless.
Unsure
RobinBird Wrote:TV, I'm pretty sure that's not the most important thing. Do you just type to read your own words? :shock:
I don't know about TV, but I just type to read my own words. I'm smart as hell and occasionally hilarious. TV's pretty good and your not bad yourself. Can we do a group hug now? Laughing
Cometmom Wrote:
Poon56 Wrote:Echinacea tea works wonders on my rats! It helps build immune systems and keeps the dreaded myco at bay! As for human who knows!

I'm not crazy about rats Neutral but that is a very cute picture. They look mostly harmless.
Unsure
Fixed that for ya....

Very cute babies you got there Poon! Smiling
Yes, the rats are cute.

But.....why do girls play soft ball instead of baseball. What are the boys in little league playing? And so, bigger 'softer' ball, and difference in pitch....why play one over or instead of another. I only ask because I notice it's girls who play softball, for the most part and I wonder why?
Thank you all for the nice rat comments....I have a question....how many times can a employer test you for TB?

2 weeks ago I was tested, and yes it was negative. Now for no obvious reason they are asking for us to do it again! I can hardly wait to hear the excuse....good thing I'm gonna be out of town on the days they are giving them out for the second time...neener neener neener Razz