Trip Report: Wine Tasting in the Willamette Valley
(03-09-2014, 11:32 PM)MarkM Wrote: Paradise in our back yard. Don't miss the Applegate Valley just outside of Grants Pass. Wooldridge is not to be missed. Exquisite.

Screeeeeeeech! Return to topic??? What's that?

Well, I've never been wine tasting. Like Scrapper, I'm not much of a wine person. The idea of staying at a resort doesn't appeal to me much. But the country side is lovely. One of these days I might hit the Applegate in the summer for a day thing.
(03-09-2014, 11:36 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 11:32 PM)MarkM Wrote: Paradise in our back yard. Don't miss the Applegate Valley just outside of Grants Pass. Wooldridge is not to be missed. Exquisite.

Well, I've never been wine tasting. Like Scrapper, I'm not much of a wine person. The idea of staying at a resort doesn't appeal to me much. But the country side is lovely. One of these days I might hit the Applegate in the summer for a day thing.

Don't knock it till you try it. The Applegate is what Napa was fifty years ago. Just grand.

The Umpqua Valley is another gem. You can catch a bus tour in Roseburg so you can drink and ride, not drive. Great way to see and taste the valley. Salute!
(03-09-2014, 11:48 PM)MarkM Wrote:

Don't knock it till you try it. The Applegate is what Napa was fifty years ago. Just grand.

The Umpqua Valley is another gem. You can catch a bus tour in Roseburg so you can drink and ride, not drive. Great way to see and taste the valley. Salute!

Well, I'm just saying I'd do a day trip rather than an overnighter sort of thing. I was talking bout an Applegate trip last summer, but then the fires hit. That was the end of doing ANYTHING!!!
My sister and brother in law have their own winery. They come up here and compare differences in same wines.

I've done the Umpqua Valley tour twice... many years ago. I went with a group of a dozen girlfriends. It was more of a 'party' atmosphere though. A ton off fun, but I didn't learn much about wine.
(03-10-2014, 08:05 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

I've done the Umpqua Valley tour twice... many years ago. I went with a group of a dozen girlfriends. It was more of a 'party' atmosphere though. A ton off fun, but I didn't learn much about wine.

Scrapper, meet Spit Bucket.

Big Grin