WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
Tia Wrote:Sorry I can't be of help to you Sisk. Would BZ know?

Right now, drinking coffee and waiting for DIL and GS#2 to show up so we can go out and get in trouble. Big Grin

And watching the sky darken. Dry

The Witch Mountain remake/new movie starts at 10:30... Smiling
siskiyou Wrote:Does anybody know a nice hotel to stay at near the Rose Garden in Portland? It needs to be close enough I can manage to walk back to it even if I am fairly intoxicated. Smiling
La Quinta is good and about $130 a night. I have stayed in several hotels in the Rose Quarter. Marriott is great but expensive. Avoid the Ramada at all costs, seriously.
Back from adventures wit DIL. Baby not the happiest this morning. I did find a cool old anthology of journals of local loggers from around here, with journal entries from the 1880's through the 1980's, all around Trail, Shady Cove, Union Creek Prospect, Elk Creek, Butte Falls, Sardine and Anderson and Wagner creek areas, with interesting anecdotes from generations of local loggers, and photographs. Pretty cool. I always love local history, wherever I am.

Oh yeah, and pull string for the lawn mower just broke. :x
Hey, all. I'm sneaking in some forum time here in the guest room before heading back over to the house. My grandson is toddling around and is adorable. Also noisy. Big Grin

So, Miserable Bitch found us, as expected. She's determined to be the ant at the picnic, the turd in the swimming pool and the hemorrhoid from Hell, huh? Gawd, what a life she must have.

We heard on the radio that the US Postal Service plans to eliminate 150,000 jobs around the US to save a hundred million dollars. This may well be the news her supervisor was waiting for. Once an entity makes an announcement like that, they can fire at will. If they're smart, they'll bounce her out on her bony ass.

I won't be posting too much in the next week but DON'T take that to mean I'm not interested in this place. I think it's great here. So keep on truckin' and give me some posts on which to catch up.
cletus1 Wrote:
siskiyou Wrote:Does anybody know a nice hotel to stay at near the Rose Garden in Portland? It needs to be close enough I can manage to walk back to it even if I am fairly intoxicated. Smiling
La Quinta is good and about $130 a night. I have stayed in several hotels in the Rose Quarter. Marriott is great but expensive. Avoid the Ramada at all costs, seriously.

Thanks for the tips, the La Quinta is in my final three. I have never stayed in a Ramada that wasn't a total POS so it was never in consideration. Marriott sounds pretty good I'll have to check the reviews.
siskiyou Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:

Thanks for the tips, the La Quinta is in my final three. I have never stayed in a Ramada that wasn't a total POS so it was never in consideration. Marriott sounds pretty good I'll have to check the reviews.
Marriott is usually very nice in my opinion. I stay at Marriott every weekend that I go school and have been very pleased with the service and amenities.
siskiyou Wrote:
cletus1 Wrote:

You are welcome.
I have stayed at the Travel Lodge and other motels in the Rose Quarter but they are not like the ones on the highways. I used to think, what the hell I'm going to a concert and will be back late, so I am only going to sleep there. Too many other people that apparently attended the concert or game continued their festivities into the night at the motel, plus the accomodations were not good. It can be a bring down to an otherwise pleasant night out. Have fun.
Well ,the Marriott is booked, I bought 2 second row VIP tickets to Dane Cook: Isolated Incident Global Thermo Comedy tour, and house sitters/baby sitters are arranged. Smiling

So now, what is a nice restaurant for dinner and drinks near the Rose Garden?
Wow . . . watching it snow really hard here in Talent right now. It's even sticking in some places. Happy 3rd day of Spring, all! Smiling
siskiyou Wrote:Well ,the Marriott is booked, I bought 2 second row VIP tickets to Dane Cook: Isolated Incident Global Thermo Comedy tour, and house sitters/baby sitters are arranged. Smiling

So now, what is a nice restaurant for dinner and drinks near the Rose Garden?

Equinox
Wondering what set off Clyde.....whoa!
Getting anxious about heading northwest to Spirit Mountain after the check arrives. Got Charter good....to the tune of 28 million! Course we have to share with all the other employees that got screwed by them but that's ok it still feels really good to know karma/God is still looking out for the down trodden!
Tweaking forum templates and watching Planet Earth - episode about caves/caverns and life in them. Very cool.
Good morning, WAYDRN!

I am sitting bleary-eyed at my computer, blazing through my morning ritual of reading several news sources before I go back to finishing a paper that I need to express-mail by 10:00 am. Cliffhanger: will I actually make it? Surprised Razz
Waking up and deciding what to do with the day. The weather seems ok at the moment but I am afraid it will be like yesterday and change on a dime.
Watching the campers pack up and leave, a Monday morning ritual at the park. River is a near perfect steelhead green.
Poon56 Wrote:Watching the campers pack up and leave, a Monday morning ritual at the park. River is a near perfect steelhead green.

ORLY? Did it color back up a little bit from yesterdays rains? I fished a bit Saturday morning but it was already a bit too clear IMO already. This has been a bad year for good steelhead water since it has been so low and clear for so much of the season.

Now I'm feeling the urge to grab my pole and go fishin. Smiling
Deciding whether or not to make reservations at a hotel in Bend. I really want to take the kids to the High Desert Museum tomorrow, but there is a front coming in that might dump snow in our way. Decisions, decisions...
Trying my hand at making baguettes. I SHOULD be doing my taxes, or in the garden or in the shed, but I'm here. I can use babysitting the baguettes as an excuse. :roll:
Planning on doing absolutely nothing constructive this evening!

No, wait a minute, maybe I can't say that . . .

Ah, what the hell! It will feel good to be lazy. I'm just going to hang out here for a while and see if anything exciting happens. I'm glad to see the activity up here. Feels like home now. Smiling
siskiyou Wrote:
Poon56 Wrote:Watching the campers pack up and leave, a Monday morning ritual at the park. River is a near perfect steelhead green.

ORLY? Did it color back up a little bit from yesterdays rains? I fished a bit Saturday morning but it was already a bit too clear IMO already. This has been a bad year for good steelhead water since it has been so low and clear for so much of the season.

Now I'm feeling the urge to grab my pole and go fishin. Smiling

Saw two big beauties caught Saturday out of our 'hole' by drift boats nice size silver and sparkly. None caught this am can't see the bottom as well today. Wish we could go fishin but our carport was vandalized Friday and all 5 of our poles & reels were stolen! Over $500 worth. Made me sick but notified the Sherriff and the pawn shops. Wish us luck we will need it to get any of them back. Hope the thieves get a treble hook in their eyes!