WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
Tia Wrote:Went up to check out McKee bridge because I heard a rumour it was closed. It is. WTF? Being restored but no real info on when it will be open again. I hear it will reopen as a pay site when it does. I'm disapointed because there aren't a lot of places with river access to go to and I was planning on taking DIL and GS out when it gets hot. Great. Now what? Cantrall Buckley is ok but it gets SO crowded.

When you visit Cantrall Buckly, take Sisk with you. That will clear out about 2/3 of the folks in short order. Then have him sing. Now, you will be almost alone.
Thinking about my pay check and hoping that my hours match theirs.....I think hubby has something up his sleeve for tonight....could be trouble...BIG TROUBLE!

[Image: Usposter.jpg]
Poon56 Wrote:Thinking about my pay check and hoping that my hours match theirs.....I think hubby has something up his sleeve for tonight....could be trouble...BIG TROUBLE!

[Image: Usposter.jpg]
Helicopter flight to 7 feathers, maybe? Big Grin
Tia Wrote:Went up to check out McKee bridge because I heard a rumour it was closed. It is. WTF? Being restored but no real info on when it will be open again. I hear it will reopen as a pay site when it does. I'm disapointed because there aren't a lot of places with river access to go to and I was planning on taking DIL and GS out when it gets hot. Great. Now what? Cantrall Buckley is ok but it gets SO crowded.
A lot further, and a horrible road... by I like Squaw Lakes better than the Applegate River.
Larry Wrote:
A lot further, and a horrible road... by I like Squaw Lakes better than the Applegate River.
There are also some nice places ABOVE the dam as well. Cook and Green area.
Larry Wrote:
Larry Wrote:
There are also some nice places ABOVE the dam as well. Cook and Green area.

Is the gorge still accessible or is that history by now? Course then you have to deal with the rowdies and the drunks.
Larry Wrote:

Well, I'm not really a lake person myself, with a few exceptions. I like the Hyatt area. I like a lake if I'm on a boat. I also like not having to drive more than 20 or 30 minutes for just a quick picnic with GS and kids. I can zip out there, have a quick bbq and make it back in a couple of hours. Bummer. Crying Guess I'll have to scout out some areas. There is very little actual river access along the applegate river.
Quote:Is the gorge still accessible or is that history by now? Course then you have to deal with the rowdies and the drunks.]

You mean the Applegate gorge? Seems like, (based on some prior conversations here) that the 'Gorge' could mean a couple of different places. I think both have rowdies and drunks. So does McKee but not as much so
Yes, I was referring to the Applegate Gorge. We just called it The Gorge when we went there but then again, Moses was still parting the water too!
Tia Wrote:
TennisMom Wrote:
bbqboy Wrote:my daughter graduated this spring. she was one of 2 valedictorians at Phoenix. She's off to UofO to study engineering and I'm back.

Beebers, congratulations on your accomplished daughter and welcome back to our ward!

Beebers? Big Grin

Bee-bee-kew. Beebers. Happy
I'm always giving people nicknames. Yeah, me and GWB, right?
Trying to figure out what to do later on this evening...and trying to find someone to do whatever it is with.

A PAY site? That's no fun.

What about Emigrant Lake? My daughter and her husband like to take the baby up there to play. None of the locals ever talk about the place. Is there anything wrong with it? One thing about our part of the world is that there aren't many places to swim. I miss my pool. Crying
TennisMom Wrote:

What about Emigrant Lake? My daughter and her husband like to take the baby up there to play. None of the locals ever talk about the place. Is there anything wrong with it? One thing about our part of the world is that there aren't many places to swim. I miss my pool. Crying
NOT MANY PLACES TO SWIM?

You know nothing.

I would like to keep it that way.

EMIGRANT LAKE???? I wouldn't let a dead animal swim there.
TennisMom Wrote:

Emigrant is disgusting. Don't go near it to swim. Please.
I hear about people who live in one square block of a city (pick one) and never leave.

ASHLAND is NOT that city.

Southern Oregon has so much to offer.

Contact Amanda. She knows.

Contact ME if you have to. I won't tell anyone either.
AmandaChantel Wrote:
TennisMom Wrote:

Emigrant is disgusting. Don't go near it to swim. Please.

NoT to fear! I never NEVER go to immingrant.
I'd rather wear my depends for a week again than swim in immigrant lake for the first time.
Emigrant is good for nothing unless you're in a boat. Do not get wet.

Applegate Lake is beautiful. There is a trail around the lake, so there are lots of places to swim, especially if you're up for a little hike before hand. Check out the boat ramps around the lake, which usually have nice spots to jump in. Copper comes to mind. Stay away from Seattle Bar. Hartish (pay site) is good if you have little kids. It has a lot of grass, shade and a sloped swimming area. The nice thing about this lake is that boats can only go 10 mph so there are no big waves to take kids down.

Mulligan Bay and the other one (Squaw Lakes) are beautiful and worth the drive. I disagree with Tia on the comment about the road being horrible. It is about 8 miles of unpaved road, but its gorgeous. The lakes themselves are pretty unpopulated, lots of swimming. The lakes are small, so generally warm. Motorized boats are not allowed on this lake

Lost Creek Lake is fun if you stay away from the main swimming area. If you are willing to hike, there is also a trail around this lake and a LOT of great hidden swim areas. There is one not far from the camp sites with a cropping of rocks that are great to jump off of.

Hyatt and Howard Prairie are beautiful, too. There are lots of sail boats on these lakes.

Stay out of Lake Selmac

Illiniois River is very popular for swimming.

Cantrell Buckley is way too populated for me.

There are a lot more, but the likelihood is no one would go to them. They require extensive hikes Smiling
AmandaChantel Wrote:Emigrant is good for nothing unless you're in a boat. Do not get wet.

Applegate Lake is beautiful. There is a trail around the lake, so there are lots of places to swim, especially if you're up for a little hike before hand. Check out the boat ramps around the lake, which usually have nice spots to jump in. Copper comes to mind. Stay away from Seattle Bar. Hartish (pay site) is good if you have little kids. It has a lot of grass, shade and a sloped swimming area. The nice thing about this lake is that boats can only go 10 mph so there are no big waves to take kids down.

Mulligan Bay and the other one (Squaw Lakes) are beautiful and worth the drive. I disagree with Tia on the comment about the road being horrible. It is about 8 miles of unpaved road, but its gorgeous. The lakes themselves are pretty unpopulated, lots of swimming. The lakes are small, so generally warm. Motorized boats are not allowed on this lake

Lost Creek Lake is fun if you stay away from the main swimming area. If you are willing to hike, there is also a trail around this lake and a LOT of great hidden swim areas. There is one not far from the camp sites with a cropping of rocks that are great to jump off of.

Hyatt and Howard Prairie are beautiful, too. There are lots of sail boats on these lakes.

Stay out of Lake Selmac

Illiniois River is very popular for swimming.

Cantrell Buckley is way too populated for me.

There are a lot more, but the likelihood is no one would go to them. They require extensive hikes Smiling

Amanda,
Last year we kicked around the idea of a hike lead by you. If it happened, I missed it. I'd really enjoy a "moderate" hike with the group.
If you can find time, would you post a Topic, recommend a hike (not too much elevation gain please) and see if we can get a group together.
Looking forward to it.
Indeed there are many beautiful lakes and places to go. This is not ignorance on my part of the lovely areas that exist. I just have some criteria involved, namely not making it a day trip, but rather a partial day outing with a young baby. Sans hiking or difficulty to get baby things to and get set up. Name me the ones I can get to in 20 to 30 minutes. Oh, PS,,,I did not remark on the Squaw lakes road, that was Larry.