WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
Quote:Where is Gold Ray Beach?

There isn't one that I now of but there are several places to access the river from Gold Ray dam all the way to Gold hill.
What he said. Those spots are usually pullouts occupied by either 1. Anglers or 2. Rowdies. My favorite spot for family that was quite close was on the Applegate. Someone built a home near it and erected a fence keeping steet stoppers any access to it. I didn't know you could own the beach, (if that's what you'd call it) but they fenced it off.
Quote:.Sure it does on the boat ramp side

In general I avoid the boat ramp side. I dont' consider it family oriented or atmosphere there.
Tia Wrote:What he said. Those spots are usually pullouts occupied by either 1. Anglers or 2. Rowdies. My favorite spot for family that was quite close was on the Applegate. Someone built a home near it and erected a fence keeping steet stoppers any access to it. I didn't know you could own the beach, (if that's what you'd call it) but they fenced it off.

Thanks, tv and tia. Not very encouraging but good to know. Neutral
TennisMom Wrote:
Tia Wrote:What he said. Those spots are usually pullouts occupied by either 1. Anglers or 2. Rowdies. My favorite spot for family that was quite close was on the Applegate. Someone built a home near it and erected a fence keeping steet stoppers any access to it. I didn't know you could own the beach, (if that's what you'd call it) but they fenced it off.

Thanks, tv and tia. Not very encouraging but good to know. Neutral
You are closer to the nicer lakes than I am, TM.
edit
Quote:Those spots are usually pullouts occupied by either 1. Anglers or 2. Rowdies.

That's an exaggeration on both counts, that MAY be true if you go there on a Sunday afternoon or when it's super hot but I usually go early in the mornings and on weekdays or both. I have taken my friends from out of town to that section of the river and they were shocked that so few people were there.

I guess it is kind of hard to find a secluded beautiful spot 10 minutes from town that is frequented solely by boy scouts and nuns Razz
Mmm, I miss Lost Creek Lake. It wasn't that big of a drive from Eagle Point and was a nice beach/ picnic spot with the kids. Same with the railroad park, that is a great place with small boys.

Right now I am plotting and planning the family vacation, no one wants to help plan but gee- everyone has an opinion about where we need to go. As it stands we will be rolling through Medford sometime in early July- anyone for pizza on the 6th?
Reelo, if I can hobble after my knee surgery, I'll be glad to meet up for 'za.

Hey, has anybody heard from K-eyes?

Right now the DH and I are getting all gussied up to go out. It's our monthly winetasting group and it should be fun. The host went to Napa last month and picked up a whole bunch of wine. Can't wait to try some of it out.

DH made toad-in-the-hole for lunch. It was good but so filling. I may not eat until next week sometime.
tvguy Wrote:
Quote:Those spots are usually pullouts occupied by either 1. Anglers or 2. Rowdies.

That's an exaggeration on both counts, that MAY be true if you go there on a Sunday afternoon or when it's super hot but I usually go early in the mornings and on weekdays or both. I have taken my friends from out of town to that section of the river and they were shocked that so few people were there.

I guess it is kind of hard to find a secluded beautiful spot 10 minutes from town that is frequented solely by boy scouts and nuns Razz

No exaggeration on my part. EArly mornings with very young children wouldn't work, but, overall I think your right. I actually tolerate quite a bit of trashier elements...i'm not a purist.
reelo Wrote:Mmm, I miss Lost Creek Lake. It wasn't that big of a drive from Eagle Point and was a nice beach/ picnic spot with the kids. Same with the railroad park, that is a great place with small boys.

Right now I am plotting and planning the family vacation, no one wants to help plan but gee- everyone has an opinion about where we need to go. As it stands we will be rolling through Medford sometime in early July- anyone for pizza on the 6th?

Could be!
reelo Wrote:Mmm, I miss Lost Creek Lake. It wasn't that big of a drive from Eagle Point and was a nice beach/ picnic spot with the kids. Same with the railroad park, that is a great place with small boys.

Damn straight!
Pizza is always good. Mostly because Larry always pays.
And beer is always good. Mostly because Larry always pays.
I would like to meet you, but if you have kids don't bring 'em. I'm REALLY old and scare little children. Might be okay however, 'cause Larry would buy them all kinds of stuff to distract them. You will be delighted to see Tia again. She has purple hair now, four new tattoo's and a gold tooth. Have you met Tennis Mom? Now there is a woman who can flat drink some beer! Bottle after bottle, hour after hour. At least she has stopped taking of most of her clothes during these drinking bouts. Still cusses like a sailor.
IamAHam might show up. He lives 12 hours away but will drive it without hesitation knowing Larry is buying beer.
Cletus1 may be a problem: He is "totally into gardening" and sits for hours with shotgun at the ready to blast any living thing that might eat his okra. However he is "easy" and can be seduced.
So, basically, all the Usual Suspects could be there. Several are on parole and can't be out after dark so we should consider that. Amanda does her 55 mile daily hike in the mornings between 7 and 8, so no conflict there.
So keep us posted.
And give us a least a day lead time...so Larry can go to the ATM for cash.
TennisMom Wrote:Bee-bee-kew. Beebers. Happy
I'm always giving people nicknames. Yeah, me and GWB, right?

I always knew you and "W" were kindred spirits, TM.... Wink

Tia Wrote:Yes we frequent a place called "The Gorge" but I think there is another rocky point further up past the damn that is also called "The Gorge" so I wondered which you referred to? Neither of them are decent spots for a young lady and an infant for a quick picnic.

True confession: We moved back here in 1998, and I still haven't been up to Applegate Lake. Back in the day (insert old-guy-smiley here), before there was a lake, the Gorge was a cool swimming spot. I always assumed it had been submerged by the lake. Well, there were a couple of things that made the Gorge experience less than stellar....

On my first trip there with HS friends, the driver got the great idea of parking on the opposite side of the gorge from everyone else -- so we could be out of the crowds a bit. So we only had to walk 3/4 mile or so through some sketchy terrain to get there -- then back through it all when we were done swimming. And I'd made the mistake of going barefoot -- so when I climbed out of the water and got almost to the top of the rocks, then slipped and went all the way back down to the river .. well, the feet were kind of a mess.

The next time we went, we parked on the normal side, and swam across to the less-populated side. From there, we 16-year-olds had a great view of some twentysomethings who'd decided to make it a clothing-optional area -- with plenty of beer, and plenty of R-rated activities.

Hmmm. Come to think of it, maybe the Gorge wasn't such a cool swimming spot after all....

And BTW, is Emigrant Lake polluted? Algae, or what?
Quote:And BTW, is Emigrant Lake polluted? Algae, or what?

Emigrant lake is just nasty. I don't know if it's because it's polluted but when you get down to it and are standing by it, you definitely don't want to go in. Is it not possible to make that a pleasant lake???
Quote:TennisMom wrote:Bee-bee-kew. Beebers. Happy
I'm always giving people nicknames. Yeah, me and GWB, right?

Yes...I was just laughing. We had a few for folks around here and before....Wonky. I gave him that. Zuke. Amanda named him that. Javajabbers became JJ. Kaleidoscope eyes became K-eyes. Snake Totem became Snake. I became Tia. I'm sure there were others that escape me at the moment.

OH OH OH YES! Firm it up, facebook it, we'll come. TM will come if I have to get her in her wheel chair (I know where to get a wheel chair accessible van).

Tia will be there if I have to pick her up and drag her.

Larry will be there if I have to buy him pizza and beer (they didn't increase the beer tax so I can still offer).

Wonky will be there, he just needs to remember to bring a pocketful of quarters to keep the kids entertained on video games.

Hammy has enough of a heads up to make arrangements.

I can make Tiffy, Meagan, LY and BZ come. I have power (or blackmail material, whatever).

Cletus will come and leave his garden for one night or I'll never play twister with him again

TV well, I have nothin on him and he never has actually shown up for an event. I could kidnap his dog that day and hold it for ransom.
OK, so heres the deal. We are leaving the tri-cities area as soon as hubby gets off work that morning (July 6th)- he's doing a 24 sunday night- that means we should be heading south by about 0930 putting us in medford about 1730-ish (provided the children and hubby behave-- caveat being hubby may get a late call and screw the plans up). So if people want to get together around 1800-ish we should be there. Hubby may or may not come (he has friends of his own down there believe it or not) and the children will be subdivided appropriately (or duct taped someplace quiet).

Wonk, my kids are next to impossible to scare- unless you look like an overy friendly super nice grandmother-- in which case all bets are off and they'll eat you alive. They do a nice 'shy-kid' impression but eventually the gloves will come off, they'll flash some eyelashes and a dimple at you and take you out.

TM, I do have medical training Smiling

Watch me get lost in Medford- I hope the GPS behaves itself.
Amanda. You are scary. I would scard to refuse! Neutral But that's more than I got for the Alaska get together..especially after she pm'd me and said she was sorry she didn't get to meet me. Dry
I will definitely be there to meet up with Ree!

Right now I am deciding whether I should remind the kids that it is Father's Day or not. I'm sure the ex would appreciate a text or two from them.

I also took some time to reminisce about my father, who has been gone for almost 27 years. Good memories.
broadzilla Wrote:I will definitely be there to meet up with Ree!

Right now I am deciding whether I should remind the kids that it is Father's Day or not. I'm sure the ex would appreciate a text or two from them.

I also took some time to reminisce about my father, who has been gone for almost 27 years. Good memories.

Reminiscing about my father is bittersweet.