WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
i heart bunnies ! Wrote:If your chef pal is into meat then do try the butcher at some point.He is very good and will eventually retire.ATaking all that knowledge with him.The Morning Glory is assland is run by a chef that graduated from CIA.It has been nominated for several awards but lost out to the likes of charlie trotter.it is the most prestigous restaurant in the valley right now.And they only serve breakfast!
I love morning glory but 1st street isn't a bad substitute.
You could also take them to New Sammy's for Lunch.
I've never eaten at Sammy's.Is it good?Or worth the money i guess ishould say?
yes. But the lunch is a better deal and you can walk in, as opposed to making reservations months in advance.
Thank you for the tip.Sincerely.Also.just wondering what Thai and chinese do you like BBQ ? For thai i like Sunflower in GP, for chinese i'm still looking.
Larry Wrote:
Tia Wrote:
Larry Wrote:I am trying to find a really GOOD place to take a couple of people to breakfast this saturday. Any suggestions? Mrs. Q's is a personal favorite of mine, but I am willing to try someplace special if anyone has one.

I'm not much help...I rarely go out for breakfast. My general feeling is there doesn't seem to be a lot of great places to go for breakfast around here. It sounds like you prefer homey, homestyle as opposed to something flashy or nouveau. There's a bunch of homestyle places like that, Cadillac Cafe, and Parkplace(?) ( Across from Hawthorne....I know, I know, but they have a good reputation) come to mind. Some one here is bound to have a better idea than I.
What I prefer is not the point. One of the people is a chef.... and I am willing to try something more "flashy or nouveau".

ORLY?? Then Ashland might be your choice.
i heart bunnies ! Wrote:Thank you for the tip.Sincerely.Also.just wondering what Thai and chinese do you like BBQ ? For thai i like Sunflower in GP, for chinese i'm still looking.

There is no decent Chinese. Give it up. Crying
After my over 6000 years in the valley, i agree with you TIa. Still looking....
My boss and I talked about this a few times. He says to serve real Chinese food here in the valley is just a waste of money. For the most part people want to stick to their mar far and pink sauce. Now what he prepares back in the kitchen and sometimes shares with us is delightful.
snowhater Wrote:My boss and I talked about this a few times. He says to serve real Chinese food here in the valley is just a waste of money. For the most part people want to stick to their mar far and pink sauce. Now what he prepares back in the kitchen and sometimes shares with us is delightful.

I think your boss has an untapped market waiting for him out there. Do you know how many people grouse about the lack of authentic, good, Chinese food there is in this valley? There are a dozen places to get bad mar far and none to get good Chinese. A lost opportunity in my opinion. If it was truly authentic, I would travel for it. Start a second restaurant. One with vision.
Tia Wrote:
snowhater Wrote:My boss and I talked about this a few times. He says to serve real Chinese food here in the valley is just a waste of money. For the most part people want to stick to their mar far and pink sauce. Now what he prepares back in the kitchen and sometimes shares with us is delightful.

I think your boss has an untapped market waiting for him out there. Do you know how many people grouse about the lack of authentic, good, Chinese food there is in this valley? There are a dozen places to get bad mar far and none to get good Chinese. A lost opportunity in my opinion. If it was truly authentic, I would travel for it. Start a second restaurant. One with vision.

Maybe when the economy recovers he could be convinced.
Seeing that you people never change along with this god forsaken Valley. If you want real Chinese food you can't get it in redneck Dreadford or anywhere else in this backwards valley.
cletus1 Wrote:Waiting for Mr. Pickering to say something that warrants a response. Do you that know him suppose that I will have to wait long?
Clete, most things he says warrants a response, just not a G-rated response. Wink

And to really answer your question, how much time do you have?
BeReal Wrote:Seeing that you people never change along with this god forsaken Valley. If you want real Chinese food you can't get it in redneck Dreadford or anywhere else in this backwards valley.
Ahhhh. So nice to have such positive energy flowing here..... Laughing
We have 13 online right now!! Cmon people.... we need to beat the 15 record from June 1st!!!
I am sitting here waving a white flag saying "I give up." I can no longer ignore the insanely hilarious exchange going on here with our "new mike."

Ignore? Not likely. I can ignore when you all are boring as hell with the love-fests. Yeah, I can only take just so much negativity, but there are times in one's life where it's a rather therapeutic thing to fuck with a nutjob.

(PS: Sorry to those who are seeing my newly profane self. It's just temporary, I promise. I just feeling like swearing up a storm lately, so you all have to avert your eyes!)
Javajabbers Wrote:I am sitting here waving a white flag saying "I give up." I can no longer ignore the insanely hilarious exchange going on here with our "new mike."

Ignore? Not likely. I can ignore when you all are boring as hell with the love-fests. Yeah, I can only take just so much negativity, but there are times in one's life where it's a rather therapeutic thing to fuck with a nutjob.

(PS: Sorry to those who are seeing my newly profane self. It's just temporary, I promise. I just feeling like swearing up a storm lately, so you all have to avert your eyes!)
Welcome to the fucking party. Big Grin

I for one have chosen not to respond to the "real" Pickering. But is fun to watch the train wreck....
Larry Wrote:
Javajabbers Wrote:I am sitting here waving a white flag saying "I give up." I can no longer ignore the insanely hilarious exchange going on here with our "new mike."

Welcome to the fucking party. Big Grin

Yeah, fuck you too. Wink Bwahahah!

Damn. I'm going to have to go on the profanity-wagon so I don't slip and taint my kid! LOL!
Posted by deactivated imposter account.

Larry Wrote:We have 13 online right now!! Cmon people.... we need to beat the 15 record from June 1st!!!

Most users ever online was 16 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:22 pm
Awesome! Hey - looking good there Stevie! What'd you do, go on Atkins and drop a couple hundred?
Steven_Pickering Wrote:
Larry Wrote:We have 13 online right now!! Cmon people.... we need to beat the 15 record from June 1st!!!

Most users ever online was 16 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:22 pm
WooHoo!! Even if half of them ARE sock puppets!!!