WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
tvguy Wrote:It's not you that's out of touch Wonk, great post.

Thanks TVG. Check's in the mail.
Well I gotta tell ya about my day in Brookings and on the coast. The weather was perfect and I had a great day. I stopped at Crissey Field, the new state park on the beach at the California/Oregon border. I found out the park has been open since December of 08 but this is my first visit. The park is located west of Highway 101 south of the Winchuck River to the border, A beautiful beach and a nice visitors center and no fees. Smiling

a link about the park: http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/crissey_field.shtml

I ate great fish and chips from a place in Harbor that had 5 choices of fish for the fish and chips. I just had the cod. I tried to buy some smoked Salmon at Dick and Casey's in Harbor, but some crazy rabid republican nut at the counter told me that there has been no Salmon harvested on the Oregon Coast in 2 years, so no one had Smoked Salmon. I acted friendly so she must have been encouraged and felt obliged to tell me that Governor Kulongoski was trying to turn the entire Oregon Coast into a protected area, whatever that means. Just another idiot, I'll never even try to do business there again. Later stopped at the Great American Smokehouse and bought smoked Salmon.

I hiked in the redwoods at Walker grove and bossed some Japanese tourists around. All and all a great day.
[Image: HPIM0462.jpg]
[quote="cletus1"]Well I gotta tell ya about my day in Brookings and on the coast.

<Snip to prevent redundancy>

Glad you had a great day Clete. The photo was really good. And someone should have a great day.

I was at home waist deep in the septic tank while my wife was yelling "dive one more time you old fool, I know that silver dollar is there somewhere".
Even the dog won't come near me now.
The cat hisses and spits.
And tomorrow I gotta fertilize all the plants with dead fish heads.

But, glad you had a great day.

Don't worry about me. The last really good day I had was when they started bottling soft drinks.
WKYonc Wrote:We live in a wonderful part of the world, near this storied river.
We are free, in so many ways we don't even understand.
We are blessed with sources of good food and water.
We have time to just "mess around", enjoy our fellowship and exchange things of little importance.
We sing, watch movies, dance, delight in our children, drive fast cars, and eat pizza.
And above all, we are aware of our good life and count our blessings.

What I'm doing right now is pondering. ON NO! THE DREADED PONDERING from so long ago in another land, but so much like the landscape here.

We may be waiting for Godot, and not even aware of it.

So, we struggle, looking the balance to express the meaning of our exchanges here.

...waiting for Godot.

I was in a hurry to tell my beach story, but this post deserves at least a nod of agreement. It is so easy to not appreciate how well most of us have it. The fact that I don't worry about where I will sleep or what I will eat sets me/us apart from millions that cant ponder shit because they are trying not to die today. Great post Wonky
I'm burnt to a crisp, and for some reason ache head to toe. BUT, I'm done with overtime for the month. Yay! Just 4 more days until a mini vacation.
Right now I am stalling, I need to make a list of things that need to get done before vacation, I know I need to get moving on things..... but yet, here I am. T-minus 7 1/2 days before we head south and I haven't even arranged for a fish sitter. Sigh. Really, I should get moving on it.

I swear I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation when we get back.

Its looking like a beautiful Spokane day, yesterday we hit the lake (a little cold, but beautiful)- today its finish off some yardwork in the front and may the pool since- per Spokane weather- it will be roasting today (read: 85 degrees).

[Image: connorfishlake.jpg]
I'm trying to decide what to make for a bbq tonight for dessert...I'm stuck
right now: sitting on the deck at evo's. drinking peppermint tea. eating oatmeal. listening to pete herzog. sunshine.

(hi.)
right now watching my doggies lying in the shade amongst the ferns, debating with myself about what to fix for grub...on my second cup of tea...ahhhh....so nice to be home, our own little piece of heaven.
AmandaChantel Wrote:I'm trying to decide what to make for a bbq tonight for dessert...I'm stuck

For summer? Berries. Fresh berries. Take some pound cake and a can of whipped cream and some powdered sugar. There you go.
Or you can substitute crushed ginger snaps for the pound cake, mighty fine with peachs and any other stone fruit.
AmandaChantel Wrote:I'm trying to decide what to make for a bbq tonight for dessert...I'm stuck

Sorry I did not respond earlier. I always suggest road kill when in doubt.
Checking the net.
Tia Wrote:

For summer? Berries. Fresh berries. Take some pound cake and a can of whipped cream and some powdered sugar. There you go.
A while back I made a strawberry pie using vanilla wafers layered on the bottom and sides of a pie pan. I used fresh strawberries, made a glaze, refrigerated until the glaze set up and served with whipped topping. It was really easy and yummy. Smiling
Add jello to that and it adds a nice texture.
Just got done watching Gran Torino and My Cousin Vinny. Laughed through both but for different reasons. If you haven't watched Gran Torino, I recommend it highly. My DS and DH watched together and they both learned alot.
Good movies.
We already know where you stand Auntie.
Steve_Pickering Wrote:We already know where you stand Auntie.

You have no idea where I stand.
Unless you lie to everybody, I do.