WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
Steve_Pickering Wrote:Unless you lie to everybody, I do.

Guess you'll just have to wait till our coffee date to be sure of that, won't we?
Tia Wrote:K? How come I can neither vote nor post in the pull the SP poll thread? Never have been able to?

I think it may be a bug in the forum software.

Can you try hitting it from the homepage (not the "View New Posts" feature)? I just noticed this issue myself.
Steve_Pickering Wrote:Unless you lie to everybody, I do.
so they're really bad movies?
Tia Wrote:
AmandaChantel Wrote:I'm trying to decide what to make for a bbq tonight for dessert...I'm stuck

For summer? Berries. Fresh berries. Take some pound cake and a can of whipped cream and some powdered sugar. There you go.
No, dear. I bake. I appreciate the suggestion, but dessert requires some serious kitchen time for me.
reelo Wrote:Right now I am stalling, I need to make a list of things that need to get done before vacation, I know I need to get moving on things..... but yet, here I am. T-minus 7 1/2 days before we head south and I haven't even arranged for a fish sitter. Sigh. Really, I should get moving on it.

I swear I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation when we get back.

Its looking like a beautiful Spokane day, yesterday we hit the lake (a little cold, but beautiful)- today its finish off some yardwork in the front and may the pool since- per Spokane weather- it will be roasting today (read: 85 degrees).

[Image: connorfishlake.jpg]
Hey, you'll stay up till Midnight or more, the night before leaving, while the rest of the family sleeps and you pack the last of everyones needs. You're a Mom, that is what we all do. Been there, done that and then wonder why we are falling asleep, while the scenery passes by. I remember saying to my boys, that they were to pack what they wanted to take and then help the little brother. Guess who double checked the bags the night before and added what was needed? Have a wonder vacation Reelo.
Getting more and more irate by the second. Found out that my 10 year old was offerred drugs today...he's 10 people, 10! OMFG! What the hell has happened to this valley. I wasn't even offerred drugs until I was 20.

Get me out of here!!!!!!
AmandaChantel Wrote:
Tia Wrote:
AmandaChantel Wrote:I'm trying to decide what to make for a bbq tonight for dessert...I'm stuck

For summer? Berries. Fresh berries. Take some pound cake and a can of whipped cream and some powdered sugar. There you go.
No, dear. I bake. I appreciate the suggestion, but dessert requires some serious kitchen time for me.

Today i made an almond shortcrust ,filled tartlets with it and pastry creme,and topped them with fresh rasperries glazed with thinned honey.They were delicous. Well worth the time invested.i too love baking, it makes happy.
AmandaChantel Wrote:
Tia Wrote:

Silly girl. Bake the POUNDCAKE!!
broadzilla Wrote:Getting more and more irate by the second. Found out that my 10 year old was offerred drugs today...he's 10 people, 10! OMFG! What the hell has happened to this valley. I wasn't even offerred drugs until I was 20.

Get me out of here!!!!!!

I"m sorry, BZ, truly I am, but there was something funny in the way you said that!
Tia Wrote:
broadzilla Wrote:Getting more and more irate by the second. Found out that my 10 year old was offerred drugs today...he's 10 people, 10! OMFG! What the hell has happened to this valley. I wasn't even offerred drugs until I was 20.

Get me out of here!!!!!!

I"m sorry, BZ, truly I am, but there was something funny in the way you said that!
If I don't find a way to laugh, I might just hurt someone. Big Grin
broadzilla Wrote:
Tia Wrote:

Get me out of here!!!!!!

If I don't find a way to laugh, I might just hurt someone. Big Grin

May I offer a suggestion??? Big Grin Ninja
Tia Wrote:May I offer a suggestion??? Big Grin Ninja
Sure.
Going to a camera shop where I have done some business to see if they can show me some cameras. I need the right camera to be able to take some quality photos. I also need to improve my photography skills and educate myself more about cameras, lenses and filters. Yeah, I know they will try to sell me something, but taking the power of NO with me on this trip. When I learn some more, I will bounce some questions off some of you, especially you TV. Smiling
Finishing up six straight hours of back to back visitors. I've been noticing that everytime i pick up this one particular book, something comes up...kind of like the bbq/heatwave theory.
i've had books like that, tia....sort of like some days when the phone won't stop ringing....
matilija Wrote:i've had books like that, tia....sort of like some days when the phone won't stop ringing....

Yeah, it's trippy. I picked up the book and I looked at Zuke and I said "Don't even ask where I am in the book, because I don't know...everytime I pick it up, something or someone happens! I've been reading a book that I should have finished a week ago and am half way through....it's some sort of charm of something....weird. I'm afraind of it at the moment...I look at it, It looks at me...measuring each other up...
Tia Wrote:
matilija Wrote:i've had books like that, tia....sort of like some days when the phone won't stop ringing....

Yeah, it's trippy. I picked up the book and I looked at Zuke and I said "Don't even ask where I am in the book, because I don't know...everytime I pick it up, something or someone happens! I've been reading a book that I should have finished a week ago and am half way through....it's some sort of charm of something....weird. I'm afraind of it at the moment...I look at it, It looks at me...measuring each other up...

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."
- Repo Man
Trying to get tired enough to go to sleep...it's not happening...I have become a night owl. Hoot!
Quote:"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."
- Repo Man

Synchronicity.

But...I don't know what any of that has to do with this book. I didn't get to it all yesterday....not even at 10 o'clock at night...still, another interruption!
Going over the final checklist of things the kiddo needs to head to camp today. Yep, everything is ready. Big Grin