WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
Yeah you do Big Grin
Sorry your team lost, Scrapper.
I'm not making an issue out of the tv noise or the choice of programs. It is amusing to me that my Cambridge-educated, double-Master's degree-holding British husband likes to watch monster movies. (Although we seem to have missed the Killer Klowns one...). I am just glad he is still here with me to do it.
(10-31-2011, 03:00 PM)TennisMom Wrote: (Although we seem to have missed the Killer Klowns one...).

Quote:It involves a car chase with space-alien type ray guns firing endless rounds of loud noise while mask-wearing drivers holler at each other.

Describes Killer Klowns to me.....Laughing
(10-31-2011, 05:11 PM)Valuesize Wrote: ]

Quote:It involves a car chase with space-alien type ray guns firing endless rounds of loud noise while mask-wearing drivers holler at each other.

Describes Killer Klowns to me.....Laughing

Hmmmm..... Maybe we did actually see that one.... Laughing

Spent part of the morning putting a collection of clothes together for Good Will; two bags so far. When we unpacked everything five years ago after moving here, we just hung up all our clothes and figured we'd wear what we needed. I've been culling my wardrobe gradually but my DH still has a lot of clothes he wore to work, many of which are still in the plastic from the dry cleaners. Big Grin I'll sort out his stuff with him when he is able to move around a bit more. It is ridiculous to have so many closets full-to-bursting with stuff we don't wear anymore.

DH is now watching a documentary on Beethoven. What a nice change from man-eating zombies and monsters with ray guns. Cool
Staring out of the window while sitting at my desk........ damn it's beautiful outside. The trees are spectacular right now.....
Beery, agreed. It was so nice, in fact, that I took my book outside and sat in the sun for a bit. It's not exactly warm out but warm enough. Wonderful.
(11-01-2011, 03:37 PM)BeerMe Wrote: Staring out of the window while sitting at my desk........ damn it's beautiful outside. The trees are spectacular right now.....

I rode the bike path from R.R. bridge past the state park and back with my little one today. It was REALLY pretty.... I bundled her up, but I wore shorts and a tee-shirt with Crocs. May be the last day for that! Laughing (until spring anyway... )
Put away all my Halloween decorations and put up my Thanksgiving stuff. Then in about an hour and a half or so I am going to go and do my bit to help the economy. I have started my Christmas shopping all ready which is a nice feeling.

The kids are off at school, hubby at work so it is just me and the dog. The house is quite and very nice.
Took the last bike ride of the season yesterday, about 30 through the foothills near my house-- definately the last of the season though, by the time I got home about half past 5 it was dark and already in the low 30's (having snow in to forcast for the end of the week is another give away that biking season is over).

Looking at cars too, ideally I want to just sell mine and replace with something bigger for the same amount of money (thankfully the tribute has held it's value and the bigger suv's have not). Now I just need to convince the other half Wink That part is not going to be fun, but looking at the fact that the oldest has outgrown the backseat and I have no room for extra kids to carpool (you know, the things mom's do) or even take a grammy out to dinner without taking two cars..... it's time.
(11-02-2011, 06:39 AM)blondemom Wrote: Put away all my Halloween decorations and put up my Thanksgiving stuff. Then in about an hour and a half or so I am going to go and do my bit to help the economy. I have started my Christmas shopping all ready which is a nice feeling.

The kids are off at school, hubby at work so it is just me and the dog. The house is quite and very nice.

Hah! I still have 3 jack o lanterns, a witchy skull and some halloween crockery on the porch. And lights. And I still have a box of green tomatoes to wrap in newspaper. I did manage to get one tender plant in last night.
Its freezing cold here this morning, 29 degrees to be exact. That reminds me, I wonder who was willing to freeze their butt off to win the no heater contest. Smiling

Running the footsie heaer right now. I know that puts me out of the running, technically, but I still haven't turned on the HEAT. Have you?
(11-02-2011, 08:52 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Running the footsie heaer right now. I know that puts me out of the running, technically, but I still haven't turned on the HEAT. Have you?
Yes I have. I dont care about no stinking contest, I like being warm. Smiling Besides, I am no longer sure of what we are measuring. Is it the ability to handle a little cold or is it a test of who has the best weatherized house or is it who is so cheap they wont turn on the heat? Big Grin
Took the DH to the doc today, then to the hospital for a blood test. So far, so good. His leg is peeling so much. It looks like it was decorated by Boris Karlof.
My Halloween decorations are all still up. I'll get around to taking them down soon enough. It's a little early to put up the Thanksgiving stuff but it will be fun to do that. When I was a kid, no one had decorations for Thanksgiving. Now, we do and I LOVE it.

I went to the grocery store today. Normally I have to bring a list with me or I wind up with a glazed look and a chicken leg. Didn't do that this time, though and wound up making an 'impulse purchase'. Yep. Bought a box of cranberry bread mix and a container of fresh cranberries. My DH's jaw dropped when he saw it. I'll show him.
Hey, I conceded that race awhile ago-- it reaches a point when it is just too darned cold, and October is usually it. It was actually a warmer then usual Halloween around here (below freezing and snow have both happened in the last 4 years), so high 30's almost felt balmy (cause I could still feel my fingers when I got home).

It is time to get the winter stuff out of storage and start matching parkas to children and see who needs new snow boots before they all sell out. Theoretically (if the weatherman did the dance correctly and the stars all line up) we may get our first snow today ( Smiling ), it won't stick- it's still to warm during the day (40's) but I do love the first snow.

The youngest turned 4 yesterday, jeesh, seems like only yesterday he was just a tiny (quiet) little bundle (as opposed to the small ball of kinetic energy he is now). Cake will be on sunday when the Halloween candy supply has dwindle to a sane amount.
Just finished watching Home Alone. Hey! I couldn't help it! The holiday spirit overcame me earlier today as I heard a snippet from the movie:

The Drifters - White Christmas Song.

Although, I can probably blame it on my digging up some Christmas music earlier and tinkering with setting up an internet radio station with it (not going to do that though), and then starting my job at Harry and David. Don't worry, I won't overdo it and get tired of it before the time comes. Still have Thanksgiving! Smiling

trying to get motivated to clean house. Then do some studying, and so some cross stitching on Christmas gifts. I am feeling much better, vicks vapor rub on the feet and the chest does wonder. I had to scrape my windows this morning, and the grass and everything looks so pretty with the frost on it
(11-02-2011, 09:08 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 08:52 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Running the footsie heaer right now. I know that puts me out of the running, technically, but I still haven't turned on the HEAT. Have you?
Yes I have. I dont care about no stinking contest, I like being warm. Smiling Besides, I am no longer sure of what we are measuring. Is it the ability to handle a little cold or is it a test of who has the best weatherized house or is it who is so cheap they wont turn on the heat? Big Grin

Good point. I was kind of thinking that all along. Still haven't turned on the heater yet, though. However I did sleep in the living room where it is warmer.
Right now the DH and I are watching the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". My favorite scene is on, the one where Mexico has closed their borders to US residents and they are crossing the Rio Grande to become illegals in Mexico. Disaster movies are so much fun sometimes. Laughing
I do like that movie Smiling

Recovering today, I spent yesterday in the ER for a migraine-- it started off with a trip to urgent care (where my car still is) and ended up with a ct scan and MRI in the ER (thankfully the MRI outruled the need for an LP-- I was NOT looking forward to that particular procedure). ER-- not a happy place to be with a migraine. Add in a couple of litres of IV fluids, a mess load of meds and a lovely diagnosis of a complex migraine and I'm hoping the munchkins behave today. Right now I am trying to decide if it is worth it to find someone to take me to pick up my car (I sent hubby back to work) and pick up a script I don't seem to need yet or keep it easy, pop the motrin and wait for hubby to get home tomorrow... Leaning towards tomorrow and delivered pizza tonight.