WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
(12-06-2011, 09:07 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Whoa....is that sun I see?

Yep, but we aren't supposed to break 40 degrees today...it will be warmer in Klamath than here. If it's going to be that cold, I WANT SNOW!!!!

(12-06-2011, 09:20 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(12-06-2011, 09:07 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Whoa....is that sun I see?

Yep, but we aren't supposed to break 40 degrees today...it will be warmer in Klamath than here. If it's going to be that cold, I WANT SNOW!!!!

At least it's not freezing fog!
(12-06-2011, 09:03 AM)broadzilla Wrote: It's 21 degrees here...and there is no snow...broadzilla is not happy...under 30 requires snow!

And moisture.
I'm seriously considering doing a half-hour walk on the elliptical machine today since walking outside won't be very pleasant. I see people out there, biking and jogging but maybe it's my age - after 20 minutes of walking out in the cold, I can't stand it anymore.

I have a gripe about Christmas lights. Should I start a new thread?
When we were kids, our lights lasted for years. On occasion we'd have to change light bulbs but that was it. Nowadays, we are lucky if a light strand goes from one year to the next. Is this a 'planned obsolescence' thing? It seems like every year we throw out strands of lights which don't work and are less than five years old; some even less than that. It is so irritating. Maybe I'll just stop putting up lights, or limit it to just a few. Mad
Honestly, If there won't obnoxious black ice patches on the road I'd be out there riding..... You'd think I'd have learned my lesson after last month's ride where my fingers and toes were numb by the time I got home but apparently not Big Grin

Going to be putting the tree up later with the kiddos Wink Wondering at what point should I start pre-medicating with hard liquor-- they are a bit excited...
(12-06-2011, 12:22 PM)TennisMom Wrote: I'm seriously considering doing a half-hour walk on the elliptical machine today since walking outside won't be very pleasant. I see people out there, biking and jogging but maybe it's my age - after 20 minutes of walking out in the cold, I can't stand it anymore.

The cold air is really hard on old smoker lungs. Thank goodness I'm not a smoker any more (it will be 9 years on New Year's Eve)... but breathing in that super cold air while trying to do a brisk walk hurts.
Trying not to cook pancakes. Oh the humanity! Wink
Watching this week's episode of GLEE... man those kids are talented!
(12-06-2011, 09:32 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Trying not to cook pancakes. Oh the humanity! Wink

Bwahahahaha!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
So yesterday-- right about the time we got the kids all wired up and ready to decorate the Christmas tree-- the dishwasher decided to tank (insert 4 letter words here). The electronics have been iffy for awhile (since the day before Thanksgiving per Murphy- that bastard) and the motor finally decided to tank and leave a large puddle underneath the counter. Thankfully no major water damage and Lowes (bless them) will have a new one here by tomorrow evening.

On the plus side, as we stopped at Sears for ye olde comparison shopping the 4 year old saw Santa, took off at a run and nearly bowled over Santa who stood up when he saw an attacking preschooler (brave man). The assisting elves and Santa seemed fairly amused- once the jolly man caught his breath Wink He is now in high gear refining his Christmas list for saturday when his turn comes with the big man in red.
Not a happy camper, I had to change my appointment with the neurologist to Jan 5th, I want to find out why I am having these stupid headaches.

For Christmas my husband is getting me a make over, I am getting my haircut and colored ( I am so tired of being a blond), I am also getting new make up I think it will be awesome.
(12-08-2011, 07:49 AM)blondemom Wrote: For Christmas my husband is getting me a make over, I am getting my haircut and colored ( I am so tired of being a blond), I am also getting new make up I think it will be awesome.

It's fun to change it up every now and then. Enjoy it!
That sucks about having to wait until January Sad But the make-over sounds like (relaxing) fun and some excellent "me" time (but can we still call you Blondemom if you are no longer blonde?).

Off to a frosty start up here, well, more of a freezing fog kind of start Wink The middle kiddo is rocking a lovely cough- pretty unusual for him- the kid has the constition of an ox and never gets sick. So I will be venturing out into the frosty white world to take him to the pediatrician later in hopes of having this beat by saturday which is shaping up to be a crazy day. Younger two have a Christmas party for speech that includes middle kiddos graduation certificate and meeting Santa and the older kiddo is part of the wreath presentation ceremony at the veterans cemetary with his Civil Air Patrol squadron all at the same time on a day hubby is working. I feel bad about making the oldest take the bus to the veterans cemetary, but if I do that I can get the younger two to their event and make it back to the cemetary in time to see the actual ceremony and bring the oldest home. Provided no one throws a wrench in the works by getting sick......
(12-07-2011, 07:06 PM)reelo Wrote: So yesterday-- right about the time we got the kids all wired up and ready to decorate the Christmas tree-- the dishwasher decided to tank (insert 4 letter words here). The electronics have been iffy for awhile (since the day before Thanksgiving per Murphy- that bastard) and the motor finally decided to tank and leave a large puddle underneath the counter. Thankfully no major water damage and Lowes (bless them) will have a new one here by tomorrow evening.

This is right up there with my earlier complaint about how quickly Christmas lights wear out. I may have mentioned that we just replaced a five-year old double oven. Shouldn't ovens last for, like, decades? Same with dishwashers? Jenn-Aire is a very crappy appliance company. We've already replaced the handles on our gas stove top - to the tune of $100 for four of them. Mad

Pizzes me awf.
(12-06-2011, 12:37 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-06-2011, 12:22 PM)TennisMom Wrote: I'm seriously considering doing a half-hour walk on the elliptical machine today since walking outside won't be very pleasant. I see people out there, biking and jogging but maybe it's my age - after 20 minutes of walking out in the cold, I can't stand it anymore.

The cold air is really hard on old smoker lungs. Thank goodness I'm not a smoker any more (it will be 9 years on New Year's Eve)... but breathing in that super cold air while trying to do a brisk walk hurts.

I quit smoking 30 years ago and don't really have a problem with the cold air in my lungs. What I hate is just being cold all over and having a runny nose. Dry

'tis my Friday. Smiling

Landed a dream job at the County fixing computers. YAY! Part time work for now, but hopefully will grow larger. Very nice place to work and everyone there is warm and kind. I love the job! Basically three years w/o a good job, it is finally paying off.

I am also geeking out a bit, living in nostalgia with the 'resurrection' of a read only version of the RVF when I ran it back in '08. (Separate thread posted on that one here).

I have also been busy busy busy building an e-commerce site for someone, setting up my own VPS web hosting server (Virtual Private Server - In layman's terms, I have the server to myself in my own little bubble and can host other web sites with it away from other users). Migrating my client web sites to that server and setting up the firewalls for it.

(12-08-2011, 09:31 PM)medfordite Wrote: 'tis my Friday. Smiling

Landed a dream job at the County fixing computers. YAY! Part time work for now, but hopefully will grow larger. Very nice place to work and everyone there is warm and kind. I love the job! Basically three years w/o a good job, it is finally paying off.

I am also geeking out a bit, living in nostalgia with the 'resurrection' of a read only version of the RVF when I ran it back in '08. (Separate thread posted on that one here).

I have also been busy busy busy building an e-commerce site for someone, setting up my own VPS web hosting server (Virtual Private Server - In layman's terms, I have the server to myself in my own little bubble and can host other web sites with it away from other users). Migrating my client web sites to that server and setting up the firewalls for it.

I LOVE good news! Congratulations on all the above Medfordite. Big Grin
Congrats on the new job! That is great news.

Settling in on the couch, there is a lovely layer of freezing fog outside- the whole world looks white (and bitingly cold)- but inside is cozy and warm. The middle kiddo has bronchitis and sounds really awful, keeping the contagions contained is the real project for the day Wink I have some cookie bars to make later for a pot luck for my homeschool mom's Christmas party and some fruitcakes that need to be re-appointed with more brandy ( Big Grin ) Here's hoping it's a good friday!
(12-08-2011, 09:31 PM)medfordite Wrote: 'tis my Friday. Smiling

So happy that you found the job! Smiling
Excellent news, Medfordite. Three years of not having a job - wow - and you landed on your feet. For sure your holidays will be happy.

Okay, so what do you all think of this... My sister, who has three of the most incredibly spoiled, bratty children you ever saw in your lives, has reached a new level of 'spoil' with her eleven-year old daughter. She allowed her to get hair extensions. Then she allowed her to return to the salon to have them curled. Tonight is a Christmas concert at their school. The kid is wearing a short, tight, black miniskirt with a 'sexy' white blouse. IS MY SISTER NUTS? She said she doesn't want to argue with her about it.

Should I lighten up or is this ridiculous? My sister asked my opinion and I told her she was too young. Duh.