WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
reelo Wrote:Right now I am plotting a raid on Babies R US, we need a new TV protector (the 17 month old broke the last one-- hows that for childproofed-- in under a month).

I's odd how different our homes look from when we have our little ones and the house has to be child proof. Then they grow up and little kick knack come off the top shelves, to catch dust on the coffee table, but don't expect left overs or anything else to remain in the refrigerator. Then comes the time that your voice will echo through your home, you have more little containers of left overs that have stuff growing on them. Washday comes only once a week or longer and where did I get all the dishes in the cupboard but still looking for the full set of silver ware. Then comes the day, that they call bringing a buddy from on a Navy leave and you plan all their favorite meals. But remember you only get them home to eat, sleep, wash their duffle bag of dirty clothes as they are on the go, for the short time their here. Or here one comes with the Grand babies and a new puppy, so you spend a day boxing everything up and shoveing under the beds. After borrowing a playpen for the baby, you find the parents don't believe in them and now you are chasing or side stepping a baby and a puppy. And yelling, "Who forgot to put the toilet lid down," when you find the baby and puppy drinking. Now all the Grandkids have grown, but expecting a Greatgrand baby that's way over on the East Coast, that I'll see in pictures. So for now it's Ok not having Child Proof tops, cupboard door and drawers without safety catches and when was it that I washed clothes last?
TennisMom Wrote:My DD, my DH and the little guy headed off to the Farmer's Market. I am taking this opportunity to hang out on the forum for a bit. The house looks like the Unibomber moved in, there is a pile of laundry the size of Mt. Everest on the bed and there are dishes in the sink. So what. I'll get to work when they all get back, haha.
Gorgeous day today!! Much better than 90-degree heat. I am aware that a week ago I was kvetching about snow. Now I get to kvetch about heat. Life is fun. Smiling
You just described my house. With 2 grandbabies nearby, it seems like my house is Grammie Central. My livingroom is full of toys and baby swings. High chair is always out and 2 different size diapers fill my bedroom. I have a shelf in my pantry just for kid food and also a shelf in the frig for baby food. Life is different but good Smiling Smiling Smiling
The 17 month old has discovered the joys of being naked. As soon as he has a chance, the diaper is off and his little bare bottom is streaking across the house. He has no regard for company, temperature or even carpet cleanliness Wink

Is it child abuse to put duct tape on a diaper?

That answers the waht am I doing question, I am chasing a naked child across the house clutching a diapers and hoping I can catch him before my poor carpet suffers another indignity. Of course, if thats not enough, it is also baseball season- which means evenings of sitting in snow flurries and freezing temperatures only to be blown off by a 12 year old (he has 'center of the universe' disease-- unfortunately it appears the only cure is 'foot to a$$' applied liberally).

Those Brits maybe onto something with boarding schools.
reelo Wrote:The 17 month old has discovered the joys of being naked. As soon as he has a chance, the diaper is off and his little bare bottom is streaking across the house. He has no regard for company, temperature or even carpet cleanliness Wink

That answers the waht am I doing question, I am chasing a naked child across the house clutching a diapers and hoping I can catch him before my poor carpet suffers another indignity. Of course, if thats not enough, it is also baseball season- which means evenings of sitting in snow flurries and freezing temperatures only to be blown off by a 12 year old (he has 'center of the universe' disease-- unfortunately it appears the only cure is 'foot to a$$' applied liberally).

"Harry Houdini, a famous escapologist and magician.Escapology is the practice of escaping from restraints or other traps. Escapologists (also called escape artists) escape from handcuffs, straitjackets, cages, steel boxes, barrels, bags, burning buildings, fish-tanks and other perils, often in combination.

Some escapologists' tricks are accomplished by illusionists' techniques; others are genuine acts of flexibility, strength and daring."

We had a little Houdini, who also would entertain neighbors and guests.Then all of a sudden it quite and he became the most modest of the 3.
As for the 12 yr. old, you have my sympathy for the next few years.
I'm sprawled on the couch watching the Yanks and the Sox duke it out. Grandson is taking a NICE long nap, house is quiet. DH is not watching monster movies, for a change. :roll:
reelo Wrote:The 17 month old has discovered the joys of being naked. As soon as he has a chance, the diaper is off and his little bare bottom is streaking across the house. He has no regard for company, temperature or even carpet cleanliness Wink

Yep I remember those days, except my kiddo wouldn't keep his clothes or PJ's on. I could put his jammies on him at night and he would wake up with no jammies. Or he would be outside in the middle of winter with just undies and boots. Neighbors threatened to turn me into CS Surprisedops:
He's in his 20's now and his siblings love to give him a good ribbing. Razz
Duct tape is a good choice. Laughing
Well, I dragged my self out of bed and got on here only to find....no surprise, the place deserted and not much has happened during my absence. Y'all must have some lives going on or somethin'.

No, its not. Actually, I have duct taped on a diaper (actually medical tape, but really the same thing). Just change it and you'll be fine.

I'm still waking up from a night out with some friends. Had a BBQ at someone's house and it was really fun and somewhat out of control. 3 am is way too late for this oldtimer.
Actually, we have more medical tape around here then we do duct tape...... oh, the possibilities...... Thats good to know.

I am gearing up for my monthly smuggling trip across the border. I figure, with the three kids in the vehicle I will look particularly inconspicuous and with a "quick" trip to Cabelas to throw people off the scent I can complete a covert smuggling operation in Idaho before dinner. Dish detergent here I come.
Wondering if I have the cajones to stop smoking. Have developed the dreaded smokers cough so I think I better find the cajones....wish me luck all gonna be rough!
Poon56 Wrote:Wondering if I have the cajones to stop smoking. Have developed the dreaded smokers cough so I think I better find the cajones....wish me luck all gonna be rough!

Don't"wonder" if you have what it takes, KNOW you do. Because you do, the doubt you are already showing is the prelude to failure.
Every day you go without it gets easier just keep hanging in there.

That's the end of my Dr. Phil moment. sorry Wink but I do know what I'm talking about Big Grin
siskiyou Wrote:Watching the lightning flashing over the Siskiyous.

Does that mean you got your once yearly bright idea???
I sitting here contemplating what I will do with my weekend coming up in 3 days. I think I am done with overtime for April....all 54 hours of it. Coulda been 60 but I wimped out.

Trying to figure out how best to use the overtime money to it's best advantage. I could use a few more months like this, but unfortunately I am getting a bit too stir crazy for that much.
DH, DD and myself are enjoying the peace and quiet of 'nap time' for the little guy.
Bemoaning the fact that the Yanks lost again to the flippin' BoSox. Looks like my team is going to have a bad season. I wish they'd show more games out here. They like to show Yanks vs. Red Sox but not Yanks vs. anybody else. If we're lucky we get to see them play against Oregon's team, the Seattle Mariners. Heh.
Resting after a quick 6 mile run and trying to figure out where my friggin car keys went. Dry
Enjoying a few minutes of quiet, hubby took the older two to the oldests little league game and the little one is sleeping on the couch-- apparently he was just overtaken by a nap-- I hardly know what to do with myself.

Good luck with the keey SisQ
Hmmmmmm.......... My six year old daughter found my keys in her room.........wonder how they got there. Dry Oh well just glad to have them back, just wish I hadn't wasted 45 minutes looking for them this afternoon. There is nothing quite as frustrating as lost car keys when you have somewhere to be.
siskiyou Wrote:Resting after a quick 6 mile run and trying to figure out where my friggin car keys went. Dry

If you can run for 6 miles, why the heck do you need a vehicle??? Razz
broadzilla Wrote:
siskiyou Wrote:Resting after a quick 6 mile run and trying to figure out where my friggin car keys went. Dry

Because I can't do 6 miles with 2 kids on my back. Wink It would be impressive if I could though. :shock:
siskiyou Wrote:
broadzilla Wrote:

Because I can't do 6 miles with 2 kids on my back. Wink It would be impressive if I could though. :shock:
C'mon stud, you know you can do it. Wink